Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    7.7 lbs per HP

1000 hp = 7700 lb boat

2000hp = 15400 lb boat

Martin,

Missed you at PRI, it would have been good to catch up. Good luck with the endevor.

pat W
    Pat,

I know that we were both busy there. You always had a good crowd in your booth…!

I hope that we can see some of your equipment in P1 competition, both here and in Europe. Your equipment is always “outside of the box” with a very cutting edge appearance and performance.

Martin

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    So with P1-USA, the Rules for Pro-Am (SVL) will be Power to Weight Ratio and opened to any engine manufacturer and drive combination ???

Also, thank you Martin for your hard efforts on this business.

You had an honorable mention here:

http://www.sharkey-images.blogspot.com/

Tim this year we are running the current svl rules and in 2011 P-1 USA will produce their new rules that WILL allow other engine and drive combo,s in this class... were looking foward to it ,,as is so many..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Tim this year we are running the current svl rules and in 2011 P-1 USA will produce their new rules that WILL allow other engine and drive combo,s in this class... were looking foward to it ,,as is so many..
    ????????

wouldn't it be better to align your rules with power to weight NOW, instead of waiting another year for P1usa.

no offense, but as always you guys are being re-active rather than pro-active. by waiting around another year all your doing is sidelining those that you say want to come out, since why build a boat if next year the rules are going to change ???

4. Collapse Details

dave right now we can police our class ,we don,t have any way to verify dyno sheets.the list can go on..if someone wanted to build a boat today,, do it, the only veriable for next year is their engine and drive choice. IF they have it done early there is plenty of places to run and shake it down,,before next season.. their are only so many built right now and we all know where they are..so to go to a boat builder and order one get it,,, and rigg it ,,well it won,t be any time soon.. and you know what they say about " IF"

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    dave right now we can police our class ,we don,t have any way to verify dyno sheets.the list can go on..if someone wanted to build a boat today,, do it, the only veriable for next year is their engine and drive choice. IF they have it done early there is plenty of places to run and shake it down,,before next season.. their are only so many built right now and we all know where they are..so to go to a boat builder and order one get it,,, and rigg it ,,well it won,t be any time soon.. and you know what they say about " IF"
    and right now offshore needs to re-think its approach. my point is that your not opening the door. of course you can police the class, theres only a few of you, why not open it up to canopy, vee bottom, single I/O or twin O/b. from an outsiders point of view (like myself) your not changing anything ? other than a trying to find a new name. its still SVL with just a new change. P1's current Super Sport would be much better off embracing the current production class rules rather than isolating themselves with just the one class that suites them.

you guys are pointing to P1usa as the NEW best thing, but i just see the same old BS. same with the rest of this P1usa series

OSS already has the power to weight with no boats in that class.

Sbi has 3-4 vee classes depending on.........

OPA has SV/bravo

please explain how your going to get all these guys into one class and even the bigger question is why would they. like wahoo pointed out, he wouldn't race unless he can win, less boats more chances to win.

shifter can add this into the catch 22 senerio/problem.
    Last edited by skaterdave; 01-23-2010 at 12:21 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Dave Sorry we can,t please you. I think your idea would turn into a free for all...I personally don,t thin k the sport is that desperate.There is already classes for them..Thanks for your opinion..

7. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    This is the best thing for the sport of boat racing since Al Gore invented water.
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    SkaterDave aren't you s cat boat owner?

9. Collapse Details

Again, I said it guys. Take a Chill Pill! and lets let this baby get born before you all start aguing who the father is, what you're gonna name it and what college it goes to when it grows up! Martin is a good listner and he and the others involved here know pretty much how to keep the racing even and honest and hopefully they will take everybodies input and make this type of racing affordable for the participants, teams, sponsors and supporter. The P-1 program in Europe has been a great success. Lets let the plan at least get put together with an informal outline and venue standpoint and then the various classes, hull and engine types and even playing field set of rules can get planned and hammered out.
    People talk about getting paid to race or reimbursed somewhat for racing and return from purses and that's great and should be a cornerstone, but if a marketable racing product is not put together first with venues, spectator and media support, their ain't gonna be no sponsors, supporters, media and vendors to pay for the whole darn thing! Don't keep jawing and discussing and trying to start agumentation here already before its born. Lets not put the horse in front of the cart and run over the damn thing!! Lets all listen, learn and contribute carefully, the future of the sport depends on that now!!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Ray the baby has been born. You just dont know it yet. The plans are known to a few people on this thread. They just havent been posted yet. You are right, Martin has been around for a long,long time on all 3 sides of the fence. Racer,Manufacture,advertiser. He is well aware of the pit falls and knows you cant make everyone happy. So when he goes public you have two choices as a racer. Join his concept or dont.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    SkaterDave aren't you s cat boat owner?
    yes i sssss is. so ?

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Change takes time ... there has been many different concept over the last 10 years, and only time will tell. I have spoke to Martin in great lengths and he is aware there is a lot to be done and to work out. As Wahoo has posted we have a bunch of SV classes running at this time. The trick is going to be to get boats,the concept is all well and good on paper. Alot of teams cant afford to do major changes to their boats at this time, so then the racers get more detail they will make a choice. The Bravo SV arent going to be alble to hang with the #6 boats, so some major changes and cost will have to happen if they want to try racing P1. It will take yrs to be proven and like i said earlier you just need to leave it be and let in be born and grow slowly.
    SUper Sport Class has an 85 MPH max, the same as P4 US class so i dont know if awayone will make the jump if they r in a class already but again time will tell. With a purse and some of the other ideas Martin has it very well could be that teams will make changes. Like we all say its about the money !!!

13. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Change takes time ...!!!
    I think that's what we'll hear on Wed's State of the Union speech...

14. Collapse Details

Ha!

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    7.7 lbs per HP

1000 hp = 7700 lb boat

2000hp = 15400 lb boat

Martin,

Missed you at PRI, it would have been good to catch up. Good luck with the endevor.

pat W
    Now if thats the case i can do that, my 32 footer weighs about 5800 pounds with fuel. so i would be good with 750 HP ?! mmhh

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    The SS class speed was bumped to 90 mph. The proposed purse it what I think will be the motivator.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post

you guys are pointing to P1usa as the NEW best thing, but i just see the same old BS. same with the rest of this P1usa series

I am V racer and I find this very exciting. I was around when big fleets raced. I miss it. How many of the guys racing now ever raced 20 other boats? 10 even? It seems the bulk of the racers now running came along since those days.. Those same people have little to base their opinions on when the discussion goes BIG. So the same old BS you are referring to is just that.

I suspect when the purse structure comes out the conversation will change to..I want to be a part of THAT!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    please explain how your going to get all these guys into one class and even the bigger question is why would they. like wahoo pointed out, he wouldn't race unless he can win, less boats more chances to win.
    Thats a great question. Some seek competition while others avoid it.

The spoils go to the conqueror and the competitors. The ones that sought the challenge and rose to the occasion. The others can enjoy the party and talk about how much fun they had.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Thats a great question. Some seek competition while others avoid it.

The spoils go to the conqueror and the competitors. The ones that sought the challenge and rose to the occasion. The others can enjoy the party and talk about how much fun they had.
    hence, 3 racing orgs. this is why i think P1, C1 and formula 4 series can claim there abundence of good furtune outside of the US. their the only game in town in those areas. i just wonder how P1 plans to bring these guys all together and bring old the sideliners and new racers? i haven't read any real details, or saw or heard of any big meeting with the other orgs that seem promising?

kinda reminds of obamooo's campaign run. lot of PR and cheering ? you would think if P1 wanted to make a statement that they would have just showed up in KW or at one of the US races with all their teams and showed us what their all about. that by far would have truely made a statement and shown commitment.

sorry, i go by what i can see rather than what people tell me.
    Last edited by skaterdave; 01-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think there is a difference between being competitive, (having a chance to win), and having no chance. The identical boats with Bravo's and 6's are competitive as long as only the one gear ratio is allowed in the 6 boats. (This is from everything I've asked current racers about). So, with weight and gear ratio restrictions boats can be in the same class. But, with the gear ratio changes allowed in SV on the 6 boats, the Bravo boats had no chance.

Is this wrong information?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!