7 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Hot, black strippers?

Hopefully, the Netroots Nation will be out in force at the polls. Dems outnumber Repubs in MA 3 to 1, I hope it will be enough.

Mr Brown has been coming across like a typical 'conservative'... scumbag.

•Scott Brown suggested on television that President Obama was born out of wedlock, then tried to claim that Martha Coakley was making things up when her campaign called attention to it.

•Scott Brown voted against aid to 9/11 recovery workers because it was too expensive, at the same time he was trying to fund a golf course in his district and give tax subsidies to corporations.

•Scott Brown tried to deny emergency contraception to rape victims. When he was called on it, he tried to deny the truth, then hid behind his daughters.

•Scott Brown claimed he didn't know anything about any Tea Parties, even though he'd appeared at their rallies and publicized fundraisers they threw for him.

•Scott Brown opposes a fee to get back bailout money from the biggest banks.

•Scott Brown supports a constitutional ban on gay marriage and thinks two women having a child is "just not normal."
    Kinda funny you believe some of this stuff. Been spending a lot of time in Mass lately?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Hot, black strippers?

Hopefully, the Netroots Nation will be out in force at the polls. Dems outnumber Repubs in MA 3 to 1, I hope it will be enough.

Mr Brown has been coming across like a typical 'conservative'... scumbag.

•Scott Brown suggested on television that President Obama was born out of wedlock, then tried to claim that Martha Coakley was making things up when her campaign called attention to it.

•Scott Brown voted against aid to 9/11 recovery workers because it was too expensive, at the same time he was trying to fund a golf course in his district and give tax subsidies to corporations.

•Scott Brown tried to deny emergency contraception to rape victims. When he was called on it, he tried to deny the truth, then hid behind his daughters.

•Scott Brown claimed he didn't know anything about any Tea Parties, even though he'd appeared at their rallies and publicized fundraisers they threw for him.

•Scott Brown opposes a fee to get back bailout money from the biggest banks.

•Scott Brown supports a constitutional ban on gay marriage and thinks two women having a child is "just not normal."
    Typical Democrat...doesn't mention a thing about the candidate he supports; only disses the the other. Likely doesn't have the proper material to post anything positive nor knows anything first hand to put in his own words.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She's a really bright one......

There are two basic unwritten rules in Massachusetts: don’t insult Catholics and don’t insult the Red Sox. They’re unwritten because it was unconceivable that any candidate would break them. Yet Coakley has managed to do both–suggesting Catholics should not work in emergency rooms, disparaging Fenway Park and picking a fight with Schilling that resulted in the Red Sox hero joining Brown on the campaign trail.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    Sen. Ben Nelson
    Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson and his wife were leaving dinner at a new pizza joint near their home in Omaha one night last week when a patron began complaining about Nelson’s decisive vote in favor of the Senate’s health care bill.

Other customers started booing. A woman yelled, “Get him the hell out of here!” And the Nelsons and their dining companions beat a hasty retreat.

5. Collapse Details

registered

It doesn't matter what the people think that they want!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health...husetts_senate

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    And you disagree? From what I learnt in school it ain't even possible.
    great line!!

7. Collapse Details

They are calling him:

The Scott heard 'round the world

8. Collapse Details

My wife just got back from the polls and she said it was super crowded! They expected a 30% turnout when this race started, now they are talking about a 70+ percent. What is upsetting is they are not checking ID's!!

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    Typical Democrat...doesn't mention a thing about the candidate he supports; only disses the the other. Likely doesn't have the proper material to post anything positive nor knows anything first hand to put in his own words.
    One could make the point that some of your wingnut beliefs defy belief, but that would be my own words, and as you point out in your eminent wisdom, I am incapable of such.

10. Collapse Details
    Looking on the bright side
    Banned
    If there is any silver lining in any of this, an emailer from a blog I frequent points them out. (Warning: these aren't my words)

If Brown wins, the House has to pass the Senate version. We all know how colossally stupid congressmen can be but they cannot be that colossally stupid that they would just dump a year’s worth of work on this and hand Republicans their biggest victory since Bush beat Kerry. There are enough smart people around that this can get passed.

Now if some of these Democrats don’t like the Senate version as much then hopefully that will give them the motivation to keep working on additions to the bill to fix it and make it better AFTER they pass it.

Here are another few possible advantages might come from a Brown win:

In 2012 the Democratic nominee from Massachusetts should be a LOT better and then the state will have itself a good Senator for a generation.

The Republicans will have a political orgasm like never before if they take Ted Kennedy's seat. which will certainly feed their hubris like nothing else could. This hubris means little if it isn't backed up by alternative proposals. Currently, they have none.

The Democrats will realize they need to stop screwing around and get their **** together. Losing Kennedy's seat to a right winger will probably freak everyone out and make them think the world is ending but it should also get them to stop, look, listen and really figure out what they need to do to stay successful.

Long term a loss should help Democrats/Progressives. Like the campaign this could be a short term win for Republicans that could help Democrats concentrate on the long term.

11. Collapse Details

If Brown wins, the House has to pass the Senate version.
    They have to, I thought they can but don't have to do so?

12. Collapse Details
    Coakley is Done...
    Registered
    All her negative adds, and her sense of entitlement to the "throne" have sunk her ship. This is the first time I can ever remember feeling like my vote can make a difference in this God Forsaken Welfare State.

13. Collapse Details

One could make the point that some of your wingnut beliefs defy belief, but that would be my own words, and as you point out in your eminent wisdom, I am incapable of such.
    Come on Jay your better than that
    Run until it sounds expensive

14. Collapse Details

If there is any silver lining in any of this, an emailer from a blog I frequent points them out. (Warning: these aren't my words)

If Brown wins, the House has to pass the Senate version. We all know how colossally stupid congressmen can be but they cannot be that colossally stupid that they would just dump a year’s worth of work on this and hand Republicans their biggest victory since Bush beat Kerry. There are enough smart people around that this can get passed.

If they were smart, they would have come to some bi-partisan reform a long time ago, but they are not smart, they are idealistic and power hungry.

Now if some of these Democrats don’t like the Senate version as much then hopefully that will give them the motivation to keep working on additions to the bill to fix it and make it better AFTER they pass it.

Here are another few possible advantages might come from a Brown win:

In 2012 the Democratic nominee from Massachusetts should be a LOT better and then the state will have itself a good Senator for a generation.

Once a Senator is in, good luck trying to get them out.

The Republicans will have a political orgasm like never before if they take Ted Kennedy's seat. which will certainly feed their hubris like nothing else could. This hubris means little if it isn't backed up by alternative proposals. Currently, they have none.

Oh, they have them, but they have been snuffed by the majority, just wait to see how that feels in 2010/2012. And a win here will mean the R's can win virtually anywhere. This will not only energize the party faithful, but may bring better candidates out that would not have taken on a losing battle.

The Democrats will realize they need to stop screwing around and get their **** together. Losing Kennedy's seat to a right winger will probably freak everyone out and make them think the world is ending but it should also get them to stop, look, listen and really figure out what they need to do to stay successful.

Ummm, that would be "get successful" and they will not figure it out, they have lost touch in a fog of power.

Long term a loss should help Democrats/Progressives. Like the campaign this could be a short term win for Republicans that could help Democrats concentrate on the long term.

Good luck on that long term thing, could be a long hike in the wilderness...

15. Collapse Details

Well I will say this. There have been more people at the polls all day then even in the elections last year! There were a lot more Scott Brown signs and the Scott Brown supporters were in a much better mood. I have good eye site and saw 3 votes for brown and 1 for Marchia (Kenedy the Democrat called her that not me). My wife said that the person in front of her was for Brown as was the person behind. I know a small sample but that is all I can offer.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    What is upsetting is they are not checking ID's!!
    This is the typical stuff the Democrats pull on election day. Makes me wonder if we ever really have honest elections.

17. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    Well I will say this. There have been more people at the polls all day then even in the elections last year! There were a lot more Scott Brown signs and the Scott Brown supporters were in a much better mood. I have good eye site and saw 3 votes for brown and 1 for Marchia (Kenedy the Democrat called her that not me). My wife said that the person in front of her was for Brown as was the person behind. I know a small sample but that is all I can offer.
    That sounds promising.

I am surprised that you would be able to see so much. In Texas you step into a curtained booth and use an electronic slate, even if the curtain was open you cant read the screen from any shallow angle and distance. Obviously things are different there.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

18. Collapse Details

Again with the diss; your doing a fine job making my point.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    That sounds promising.

I am surprised that you would be able to see so much. In Texas you step into a curtained booth and use an electronic slate, even if the curtain was open you cant read the screen from any shallow angle and distance. Obviously things are different there.
    We are old school in MA. You walk up to your precinct line, give them your address and name. They give you a ballot and cross off your name. Then you go into a booth and vote. Then you go to another line were they check your name and address again and you put your ballot into a reader maching. This ballot only has three names on it so it is not hard if you have good eyes to see what people are voting unless they cover it up or fold it in half or what ever. In my wifes situation she just started to talk to people and they were proud to say who they were voting for.

Jon

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The fact that the race is even close indicates you all have already lost.
    The more I think about this, the more sense it makes.

So even if Coakley wins, will other politicians see that backing the health care plan is political suicide? Losing or even being this close MA is a HUGE loss for the Dems even if they pull out a win?

I mean if I were a politician in such and such state that is not a blue as MA, I'd be rethinking my health care vote right about now. If they can barely win in MA, I'd be sure to be doomed in a 50/50 state right?

The light is shinning brighter and brighter every day, hoping more of them see it!