• Coakley

1 4.35%
  • Stecz is a putz

7 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

registered
    WOW. I didn't think that the guy would actually win.

Here's some food for thought, in my own opinion.

It's not too late for President Obama, he's got a really good opportunity next week during the state of the union address to acknowledge what's happening here. He can say just a few words and gain some respect back by many. Those words are "America, I see what you are saying" That's it, plain and simple.

If the Dems pull some BS way to force-feed healthcare down the throats of the public, which obviously doesn't want it, there are in deeper chit than they are already in.

2. Collapse Details

Jon Stewart skewered the Dems yesterday. Some good quotes:
    "If this lady loses, the health care reform bill that the beloved late senator considered his legacy, will die. And the reason it will die... is because if Coakley loses, Democrats will only have an 18 vote majority in the Senate, which is more than George W. Bush ever had in the Senate when did whatever the **** he wanted to."

"It's not that the Democrats are playing checkers and the Republicans are playing chess. It's that the Republicans are playing chess and the Democrats are in the nurse's office because once again they glued their balls to their thighs."

He's spot on. Dems are alwats worried that the bully doesnt like them, so they always want to make nice.Any time you forget, they love to remind you they can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I expect them to steal a move from W. and give Pelosi and Reid Medals for a job well done.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    It's not too late for President Obama, he's got a really good opportunity next week during the state of the union address to acknowledge what's happening here. He can say just a few words and gain some respect back by many. Those words are "America, I see what you are saying" That's it, plain and simple.
    Here's why that is unlikely: The Dems are painting this as an isolated incident centered on a poorly-run campaign. But in teh end, if they don't heed the wake-up call, November will be ugly. However, there's teh chance they will switch to Reconciliation, like the Republicans used all through the 2000's, and force down some aggressive agenda items, hoping the public will like the result. So either this is a wake-up call to be more Centrist or here comes the real agenda.

Fortunately for all of us, Reid and Pelosi are too big of sissies to do anything. Reid's out in November and Pelosi ain't no Hillary, if you know what I mean.

4. Collapse Details

hmmmm anything the 'great one' campaigns for, whether it's candidates or Olympics.. seems to loose.... the golden touch or the pyrite pontiff ???
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

When the Dem majority is gone in both the House and Senate, and Mr. Obama is writing his memoirs in 2013, it will still be Bush's fault.

6. Collapse Details

Common sense is what is responsible for this victory!
    BillR

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    it will still be Bush's fault.
    Give me free top notch healthcare for life, a private jet, my own security detail and the ability to hold beer summits at will..... and you guys can blame me all day long.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    So now that Brown has won in a LANDSLIDE, (IN MASS!) what will Msgrs: Pelosi, Reid and Obama pull next? Will they start making concessions or continue to push their far left agenda?
    they won't stop but they will get very desperate & try force it through anyhow. the backlash will be enormous!!

9. Collapse Details

Dems will likely pass the senate version, which gives gauranteed insurability, no caps on benefit and no "pre-existing conditions." I could stomach that regardless of political affiliation.

But I hope the Dems and Reps don't widen their gap even further. This is a critical time the country needs to come together and solve problems, not worry about power struggles. Our country could become the Oakland Raiders of the global economy if we dont get our act together. And we dont have time to wait for 2012 to do it.

10. Collapse Details

I believe that the key to Brown's victory was the independent voters. They voted for Obama in 2008 because they wanted "change".
    However, they don't like the "change" that they are seeing in Washington, so this time (14 months later) they voted for the Republican.

November 2010 (less than 10 months from now) will be a very interesting mid-term election.

Just my two-cents...
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

11. Collapse Details

It is very likely that Coakley was just a horrible candidate. If that is true, then the Dems might take this wake-up call and do things to motivate their voters in November. Not sure how to interpret the Mass. outcome, but it could benefit either side.

I hope it benefits the Independent side. They are the only ones not yet proven to be massive spenders in the last 10 years.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    Common sense is what is responsible for this victory!
    and it's not necessarily the repub's that are going to win in November either I think we are all tired of the in all out public offices. Lets all hope this is just the start of something much much bigger!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wanabeboatn View Post
    And it's not necessarily the repub's that are going to win in november either i think we are all tired of the In all out public offices. Lets all hope this is just the start of something much much bigger!!!!

+1

14. Collapse Details

What scares me is there is a whole generation of young Republicans who don't know life before the Republicans just cut taxes and spent like Democrats.

I truly hope a new movement rises soon built on traditional Conservative values which include fiscal responsibility, individual liberty, a minimalist foreign policy and a balanced budget. But we will likely have to wait for the economic crisis to subside before seeing a balanced budget. That's simply economics.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Stewart nailed it. The Dems are, once again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call, but I have my doubts- Reid doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

Lots of reasons why this happened, not the least of which is the stinker of a campaign that Coakley ran while Brown was working his butt off. Just read this morning that she went on vacation for 9 freaking days in Dec when she should have been campaigning. geez- talk about taking the voters for granted. Another telling statistic- after the primary, up to Sunday Coakley had 19 events, Brown had 66. Her dumbass comment about Shilling being a Yankee fan sure didn't help either- made her look completely out of touch.

Democracy in action.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    Jon Stewart skewered the Dems yesterday. Some good quotes:
    "If this lady loses, the health care reform bill that the beloved late senator considered his legacy, will die. And the reason it will die... is because if Coakley loses, Democrats will only have an 18 vote majority in the Senate, which is more than George W. Bush ever had in the Senate when did whatever the **** he wanted to."

"It's not that the Democrats are playing checkers and the Republicans are playing chess. It's that the Republicans are playing chess and the Democrats are in the nurse's office because once again they glued their balls to their thighs."

He's spot on. Dems are alwats worried that the bully doesnt like them, so they always want to make nice.Any time you forget, they love to remind you they can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I expect them to steal a move from W. and give Pelosi and Reid Medals for a job well done.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Stewart nailed it. The Dems are, once again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call, but I have my doubts- Reid doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

Lots of reasons why this happened, not the least of which is the stinker of a campaign that Coakley ran while Brown was working his butt off. Just read this morning that she went on vacation for 9 freaking days in Dec when she should have been campaigning. geez- talk about taking the voters for granted. Another telling statistic- after the primary, up to Sunday Coakley had 19 events, Brown had 66. Her dumbass comment about Shilling being a Yankee fan sure didn't help either- made her look completely out of touch.

Democracy in action.
    Her stupid comment that "there are no terrorits left in Afganhistan." didn't help either. But I agree that the independents got a taste of this administration, didn't like it and made a strong statement. False promises and governing from the center have turned into back room deals and a far left agenda; then they tried to ram that agenda thru because they had the chance with 60 votes. Question is will the far left agenda or a move back to the center win out? Tough issue for such a diverse party; but as for the Republicans, if they can define their values in the roots of true conservatism like Laughing Cat said, they will roll.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

17. Collapse Details

I wish I could scare up some optimism on this. I'm happy this slows the march towards socialized medicine, but my fear is that what we now have in American politics is the swinging pendulum effect.

This one was too easy. And there will probabaly be a few other easy upsets and maybe even one in the next presidential contest. And all that's going to do is cement into the minds of the same people that delivered a fairly lackluster performance in the first decade of this century that they were right all along. And they'll be back to business as usual. And then they'll get tossed and th eother guys will take that as they were right all along. If I'm right and this pendulum effect is our new way of doing business, then we're doomed to our world agonizingly sliding left and right and left and right and never really getting anywhere.

18. Collapse Details

Fortunately, we can still make money investing overseas. The Europeans have been doing it for decades. Money can be made here, but I'd hate to be reliant on a strong US recovery if all we get is repetitive oscillation between two loser parties.

Viva le Independence (Independents)

Guys, the Independent party has a wide open door with a fresh welcome mat. No reason to hope the Republicans are any different than they were when they blew their majority. Come on in, I'll warm the coffee for you.

19. Collapse Details

There's only one impediment to the concept of a serious presidential contender from a third party. The Electoral College. Failure of any one of the three to meet the 270 votes needed, the House picks whoever they want to be President.

20. Collapse Details

Very true. Which is why if we can get more of the Moderate Republicans and Centrist Democrats to switch ranks, we can defacto control the Congress. Then the lunatic fringe from both sides can effectively be put back in the box with their litte red "gimp" balls strapped in their mouths.