Thread: First gun

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Can't wait to see the pics of the little air compressors you are installing!

I better get to work on something or I won't be able to keep up with you this year!

2. Collapse Details

Made a call to Stainless Marine who gladley took my credit card and shipped me some new exhaust good choice in my opinion.
    Please note: no carb lifting plates were used or abused during these procedures,advice is well appreciated
    funny someone mentions Hottie and the Clayman shows up....not that that is a bad thing
    KR ...I'll get to that later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0824[1].JPG   IMG_0827[1].JPG   IMG_0829[1].JPG  

3. Collapse Details

Motors are in,time to measure for the tails to be made. ...Mean time a call down to Kinetic Animation, and the ol girl gets her new name.the next few weeks were spent hooking up the rest of the wires, cables etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0828[1].JPG   IMG_0831[1].JPG   IMG_0135[1].JPG  

4. Collapse Details

not to long after the engines and exhaust were hooked up it was off to the ramp for a test run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0988[1].JPG   IMG_0985[1].JPG   IMG_0986[1].JPG  

5. Collapse Details

you must be very proud. looks great.
    btw i love the name decal, very cool !!

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baronmarine View Post
    you must be very proud. looks great.
    btw i love the name decal, very cool !!

todd
    Thanks Todd, do not go away I am just getting started with this story

he11 i'm just getting to the part where i break down 3 times on the way to Key West for the worlds!!

7. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Great thread. Keep it com'n.

8. Collapse Details

Was it only three times? It seemed like more

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Patience View Post
    Was it only three times? It seemed like more
    If it wasn't for you I most likley would not have made it down that year.....Thanks for the roadside assistance and the on the water assistance ole bud

Now where were we? Oh ya time for the first run (trip) with the boat,...Fun Run in Tampa,Fl. with what is now the gang from West Florida Powerboat Club.

Boat run great all weekend,had a great time until I got back to the boat ramp and some low life broke into my truck
    now it was time to get it ready for the big trip to Key West for the Worlds in Nov.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16594900813_0_BG.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

it's like waiting for your favorite tv show with no tvo.
    that new hatch on there is perfect.
    it's great you took so many pics. sheri said i take more pic's of my boat projects then the kids.
    todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

11. Collapse Details

Great thread.

12. Collapse Details

Well the fun run was mid September and Nov. was fast on it's way...bearings repacked,tires inflated to proper psi,oil changed,all filters changed,refueled,truck serviced,boat packed,spare parts packed,reservations confirmed,man I was ready for a week in the Keys ......there is no better place in the world to be this one week of the year....and that's where we are going,man I was ready!........

It's 3am and we are rolling out of Crystal River,plan is to be at John Pennycamp around 11am splash boats,run to Marathon have lunch,run to Key West arrive around 4pm clean up boats and party.

Boy, things went smooth all the way to alligator alley,about 5 miles into the alley the front left tire on the trailer blew....no problem have spare and tools,buddies slowed down a bit and I said I would catch up...15mins tire changed and were rollin down the road again

We get off on Hwy27 and caught up with my buds...well this feeling will be short lived....... as the right front trailer tire blows,this create a small problem as my spare is on the otherside of the trailer already.My buddy Kirk doubles back to loan me his spare.......another 15mins and tire #2 is on........one small problem

13. Collapse Details

When we let the jack down the tire hits the fender in a big way...Kirk and Pickett are running Myco and Myclone trailers that have 16" tires and Kirk's old trailer that I am running has 15's...at this time I tell Kirkland just to go on with out me I'll call AAA and have them get me a tire and I'll meet them in Key West..It was Quickly found the Kirk did not like this idea as he said something like;" the hell with that" .
    What happened next would make any Nascar crew chief proud.. I was handing tools as fast as I can, nuts and bolts were flying,within no time flat we had the fender off the trailer and strapped into the back of the truck.
    Now I am running down the road at a very slow pace,lookin like the Beverly Hillbillys with a 10 ft fender sticking out of a 6ft bed 1 giant tire ,5 little ones and so on.

After about 30 phone calls I find a tire shop in Key Largo that has 2 new tires,we get to Largo and Pickett has called his friend Ronnie(local) to meet me there.We pay the guy for the tires,Ronnie whom I just met says lets get the boats in the water and I'll take care of the trailer issues while you guys are in Key West. WOW this guy just made a friend for life.
    We roll into the boat ramp...it's late we are off schedule by at least 1.5hrs it is decided that our unscheduled pit stops will be cut down to one due to time issues.
    Did I mention that the day before we left I made sure my engines would crank??
    Well all three boats were launched and we are on our way out of Pennycamp,Pickett and Kirk are ahead of me.I get about 300yds away from the ramp and look down at my gauges and the temps are reading hot,I shut them down quickly open the hatch ,fire one up ...no water moving...not a good thing,shut it down again,throw anchor,call Kirk who now has me programed in his phone as "wtfn Bryce" n stands for NOW 45mins later 2 water pumps were changed and so were our plans...Hawk Channel here we come non stop to Key West.Boat ran great the rest of the day and we made it to KW just before sunset. (all three boats as planned)

I'm glad that day is behind me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1136[1].jpg  
    Last edited by First Gun; 01-27-2010 at 11:01 PM.

14. Collapse Details

Don't forget the part of the story where everybody gives their poor "Ole Bud" Chasin' Cash 2.5 tons of sh!t about filling his trailer tires with nitrogen!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mrpickett357 View Post
    Don't forget the part of the story where everybody gives their poor "Ole Bud" Chasin' Cash 2.5 tons of sh!t about filling his trailer tires with nitrogen!
    I think it was more like 3 tons...never the less on the way home we had 2 more tires blow all 4 tires were filled with air....the only one whom did not have any tire problems was the guy with nitro filled tires.....so much for our talkin smack about that cause 2009 all three trailers had nitro filled tires thanks to the Chasin' Cash man!!

16. Collapse Details

Key West was great...met alot of great folks. The way home had it's share of issues as well. I was loaning my spare this time though.It was decided that I would be better off having a trailer that had the same set ups as the other two trailers I usually travel with,that way if any of us break down we all have plenty of extra parts.

After looking for awhile a fair deal came up on a used Myco.......and yes like everything else it just needed a little work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0398.JPG   IMG_0401.JPG   IMG_0403.JPG  

17. Collapse Details

After a quick strip down from its step hull set up it was ready to be refabbed into a straight bottom set up.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nyd run 017.jpg   IMG_0406.JPG   IMG_0405.JPG  

18. Collapse Details

After we finished the back half of the trailer it was off to the travel lift
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0404.JPG   IMG_0407.JPG   IMG_0408.JPG  

19. Collapse Details

Great thread! Kirkland sure has a sweet home shop set up! You guys know how to get these projects done!

Kurt

20. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    Great thread! Kirkland sure has a sweet home shop set up! You guys know how to get these projects done!

Kurt
    ...and great weather to get it done too.