Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Someone I know (with a purple pantera, cough cough) yelled at me for suggesting I might convert my OB boat to 4 stroke...
    300xs is a 2 stroke Optimax 3.2 liter stroker with a sportmaster lower

2. Collapse Details

Well there ya go! I've never claimed to be smart! Or well informed, or good looking, or rich...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

Well there ya go! I've never claimed to be smart! Or well informed, or good looking, or rich...
    I claim to be all of those, except rich, if I could keep my mouth shut, and never leave the house, someone might actually believe me

I hear TNT is selling motors cheap at the Miami show, but still too much dough for me, unless thay have 10 year financing. I will be doing my taxes tonight, and if all goes well, i may still put a new transom in this thing.

4. Collapse Details

Yah, I've got an itch to change the fishboat motors out on my 24 and get something(s) with a 20" mid to get the props out of the water. And then if the motors come off, I've got a list of stuff I want to do. Getting a moisture meter on my transom is one of those things, recoating the SMI bracket is another. But that comes after the 28 project and we'll see where it falls with the house stuff and the Camaro...

5. Collapse Details

Yah, I've got an itch to change the fishboat motors out on my 24 and get something(s) with a 20" mid to get the props out of the water. And then if the motors come off, I've got a list of stuff I want to do. Getting a moisture meter on my transom is one of those things, recoating the SMI bracket is another. But that comes after the 28 project and we'll see where it falls with the house stuff and the Camaro...
    With Twins, especially on a bracket, I would probably go with the 20's also. I recently realized that with my motor deeper(1-1/2"from where I had optimum handling), it is actually a little faster at WOT(less prop slip I guess), but the handling went away, especially at part throttle(not that I spend much time there), gonna settle for the happy medium and go back up 3/4", and step back on prop dia. a bit to get the RPM's at the limiter, solid mounts, hopefully lose some weight off the transom, etc. last time out ran 59.5, and I just couldnt squeeze that extra .5 MPH out of it

6. Collapse Details

I've got some setup issues I'm working through now on mine. It's a great training boat because it feels like it's going 100 when it's only going 45!

7. Collapse Details

I've got some setup issues I'm working through now on mine. It's a great training boat because it feels like it's going 100 when it's only going 45!
    That is about mine feels like when going 45, hence the reason I only run WOT whenever possible Those who have ridden in mine, will tell you it feels like its going 100 at 45, and 80 at 60, cant figure that one out Not sure if you have seen the videos, but if you watch it running near WOT on the ocean it handles pretty decent in most cases(other than when I dont pay attention and get a little off balance), and dont pay too much attention to the bounce in the ICW, I was just plain off on my judgemetthere, it was late in the day

http://www.youtube.com/user/rchevelle711

8. Collapse Details

Looks like the Donzi guys are doing it

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...55393&posted=1