Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCARAB3DMC View Post
    That 37 OL, needs work, it went for 43k from Liquidators, Interior is shot, cabin needs work, when I was on it the starboard blower was sitting in the bildge, all the wood bases ,seats and sunpad are shot, the gauges are fUll of water (not oil), who ever bought it is trying to make a fast buck !.. and its still in Ohio @ National liquidators..NEVER LEFT ! PICTURE WAS TAKEN LAST MONDAY !

How could someone let an Outerlimits get to that point

2. Collapse Details

It probably started when the guy bought a boat he couldn't afford, let alone maintain. Someone like this isn't that concerned with the "little things" and this isn't likely the only thing in his life he's made poor judgements about Since it's now at NL, he apparently stopped paying for it. He likely spent the last couple months payments on fuel and beer and ran the snot out of it before it got hooked- what's he got to lose? Now it sits in the snow which isn't doing it any good at all.

These are just guesses, but I'd be surprised if I was too far off.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It probably started when the guy bought a boat he couldn't afford, let alone maintain. Someone like this isn't that concerned with the "little things" and this isn't likely the only thing in his life he's made poor judgements about Since it's now at NL, he apparently stopped paying for it. He likely spent the last couple months payments on fuel and beer and ran the snot out of it before it got hooked- what's he got to lose? Now it sits in the snow which isn't doing it any good at all.

These are just guesses, but I'd be surprised if I was too far off.
    Ummm...it was a LCM boat. Look back at what Animalhouse posted. He posted the history of the boat. Just sayin.....

4. Collapse Details

Wow......All i can say is its just too bad that boat has gone from showroom to this in a bit over a decade

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    Ummm...it was a LCM boat. Look back at what Animalhouse posted. He posted the history of the boat. Just sayin.....
    Missed that.

I think my description is the common story behind most of what you see at National.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by drpete3 View Post
    Wow......All i can say is its just too bad that boat has gone from showroom to this in a bit over a decade
    Unless you have an extra 75K laying around after you purchase the boat, I would not think another though about this 37, there are lots of other options out there right now.good luck with your search!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Missed that.

I think my description is the common story behind most of what you see at National.
    Yep, very true!

8. Collapse Details

I stopped thinking about buying this boat back on page one but we have had a lot of good discussion about it and I learned a lot

9. Collapse Details
    37' ol
    The Comment about Go With Stock Power is good advice. I started with a 38 Formula Fastect that was 2 years old with 575's. Lot's of fun and for the most part was trouble free. Then onto a 37' OL with 975's and #6's, wanted to go faster (Let's Rock Boat) Looked somewhat clean when i bought it but it was a total rebuild. Previous Owner couldn't afford it so Mantinance was let go. Cost me a lots of money and time. Not worth it really. then onto a 36 Skater yr 2006. Put my own motors in it. and it is a fun boat but again it is expensive to maintain and I don't drive it all that much. If I was you I would look for a 33 to 35 Twin with Stock Power and just have fun. Buy a Spare Bravo Drive so you won't have downtime. That is the only probelm I had with the Formula went through drives especially in Rough Ocean Water.
    Raise your budget a little bit and buy a boat that doesn't need a lot of work.
    I assure you that 37' will cost you a lot to get cleaned up.
    Good Luck

10. Collapse Details

Threads like this one should be required reading before anyone who isn't independently rich buys a performance boat, especially a used performance boat. I had raced everything with wheels since I was a kid, had owned many, many boats and had thought and dreamed of owning a big performance boat with twin engines for 25 years. I had even owned and piloted my own airplanes and they can be pretty costly to have and to maintain, so I thought I was ready and I dived in, and boy did I get a good lesson, so believe me when I say heed the advice you are getting from this thread, because it is at least 99.999% on the money. Had I found the wisdom Chris and many of you other seasoned veterans preach here prior to my first dive into the high performance market place, I would have been so much better informed and my pocketbook wouldn't look like an elephant had stepped on it. Oh and while I'm at it, if you would have a Fountain, I've got one that could have been the poster child for this thread, but now all the money has been spent to fix it right and I'll never be able to truly enjoy it due to not getting this sound advice early on, so I'm ready to eat the loss and move on.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SCARAB3DMC View Post
    That 37 OL, needs work, it went for 43k from Liquidators, Interior is shot, cabin needs work, when I was on it the starboard blower was sitting in the bildge, all the wood bases ,seats and sunpad are shot, the gauges are fUll of water (not oil), who ever bought it is trying to make a fast buck !.. and its still in Ohio @ National liquidators..NEVER LEFT ! PICTURE WAS TAKEN LAST MONDAY !
    He'd be better off to buy the staggerd Cig next to it that doesn't have power/drives. That is an interesting set up.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

12. Collapse Details

This was the first boat i ever went over 100 mph in when it was brand new. That was such an awesome boat when it was new. I never would have imagined that day, that the boat would end up being in this sad of shape.