Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tell me what you have heard- OUTERLIMITS
    I saw this boat a while back but thought it wasnt for sale still. Let me have it rumors or not. I may go look at it.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32214-en.html

2. Collapse Details

Seems like you're all over the place on a boat. I'd decide on what I wanted before anything else. There's a huge difference between this boat and some of the others you've looked at.

3. Collapse Details

The boat looks real rough. You prob need to rebuild the motor, drives, and tranny's. On top of that redo the interior and alot of other stuff based on the pics. There's a pretty cool pic of that boat flying out of the water at the factory.

4. Collapse Details

Mike Fiores fathers-inlaw old boat but with different engines

5. Collapse Details

How about a 29 PQ?

6. Collapse Details

It's 14 years old. Plenty is ready to go wrong with it.

7. Collapse Details

I have a nice 390 velocity with reliable 500 efis. 69k. buisnes sucks boats got to go.

8. Collapse Details

That boat was a magazine boat called speed unlimited, in the article it had twin 800 mercs and number 5 drives ran 108 I think. I believe it's a 1996 maybe even hull #1 ask animalhouse he would know, has a soft zip door to the head and the add states on a black trailer the pics show an Aluminum Looks like it was rerigged with 6's and different power
    Run until it sounds expensive

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    That boat was a magazine boat called speed unlimited, in the article it had twin 800 mercs and number 5 drives ran 108 I think. I believe it's a 1996 maybe even hull #1 ask animalhouse he would know, has a soft zip door to the head and the add states on a black trailer the pics show an Aluminum Looks like it was rerigged with 6's and different power
    It is not hull #1.

10. Collapse Details

the boat was originally rigged with 800's & #5's. Then it was rigged with # 6's, and then smaller hp500 motors with blowers on it. It was owned by a local guy in RI who used to race "Heavy Metal" back in the day. It has been at LCM for a while now, and from what I remember the last time I saw it, it needed cosmetic fixes here and there, but all in all it had potential. I don't remember what type of trailer it has, but I know that would make a great project boat for someone, but not what I would call turn key.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Seems like you're all over the place on a boat. I'd decide on what I wanted before anything else. There's a huge difference between this boat and some of the others you've looked at.

Pete, you've been all over the place on the boats you're asking about.
    You need to ask yourself what you want out the boat, and what you want to do with it. I know you want to move up, it just doesn't seem you know why you want to move up.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

12. Collapse Details

Pete...bro..just bite the bullet..you know you want too... go to R.I. talk to Fiore and order that new 52 SL with the tripple 1075's.....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Pete...bro..just bite the bullet..you know you want too... go to R.I. talk to Fiore and order that new 52 SL with the tripple 1075's.....
    Ya know Kelly would B dig'n it!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Another big one would be to shop insurance. A 70mph cafe is going to look alot different to you when you see the cost of insurance on a 100mph OL.

15. Collapse Details

What I want is a fast 35-40 ft boat that will not lose all of its value in 5 years. I like the cigs, OL and a few others. I am less concerned about cosmetics if I can get the hardware and hull. The twin step cigs I would like to buy are about 100K out of my price range. So even though most of the boats I have talked about are 75 mph boats and no steps, that is becasue they are priced in my range.

What I am afraid of is that this boat will need 25k of mechanical work to get me on the water this summer. Cosmetics I can live with for now.

On top of that this guy will take less than 75K and my boat as a trade. I like that kind of deal as long as I know what I am getting.

16. Collapse Details

The 37 Stilleto is an awesome boat but that thing has money pit written all over it!

I had a 37 - absolutely loved it!

17. Collapse Details

Chris had a valid point if you have no high performance boat exp.you may not even be able to get insurance.If you can it will be a least double what the 35 cig will be.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by drpete3 View Post
    What I want is a fast 35-40 ft boat that will not lose all of its value in 5 years. I like the cigs, OL and a few others. I am less concerned about cosmetics if I can get the hardware and hull. The twin step cigs I would like to buy are about 100K out of my price range. So even though most of the boats I have talked about are 75 mph boats and no steps, that is becasue they are priced in my range.

What I am afraid of is that this boat will need 25k of mechanical work to get me on the water this summer. Cosmetics I can live with for now.

On top of that this guy will take less than 75K and my boat as a trade. I like that kind of deal as long as I know what I am getting.
    So let me get this straight (and I'm sorry if this comes across harsh - please don't take it that way).
    You want a boat that is mechanically tip-top, runs in the 80+ range, but don't mind if the cosmetics need attention? Correct?
    Oh, and you want to retain value.
    Here's where it get's harsh.
    Boats don't retain value. No matter what, you will sink more money into it than it will ever be worth to someone else.
    Mechanically good, and cosmetically not-so-much... Think about it. If the previous owner didn't take care of the cosmetics, how much time do you think they spent on the maintenance and mechanics??
    I know, you're working with a budget - most of us are.

"I like that kind of deal as long as I know what I am getting."
    You are buying a used boat, you never know what you're getting.
    I happen to know of a boat with a bit of history that was even surveyed before sale by a reputable guy, and she failed and went down, insurance wrote it off.

All that being said, you have decided you want a 35-40, and you want FAST.
    What do you define as fast?
    And, are you gonna run out in Lake Mich., or are you gonna stay mainly on the inside? What you need to go fast is different, as well as the definition of fast on those different waters.

Like I said, I'm trying not to be harsh, but instead, trying to help you figure out what the hell it is you really want. If you just want a boat to pick up broads, just buy anything with a #1 on the side, and spend lots of money at a strip club, and invite them out on the boat. Oh, and take pics. People seem to like that.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

19. Collapse Details

I think there are a fair number of reliable, insurable Guns and Cafes in your price range. Odds are you will never lose your shirt on either boat. Most will need some cosmetic attention based on age, or there will be some things you can do to update/make it your own. Will you lose some money, absolutely; but that is the cost of being on the water with friends.....

Nice thing about one of those choices is if your budget or boating style changes in a couple years you can cut bait and get out - very few people buy their first go-fast and keep it for a decade.

20. Collapse Details

Its all good. My point about retaining value is I will argue that a cig or outrerlimits or donzi will retain more value than a enry level performanc boat like a baja or scarab.

Also, every thing that has been posted has run through my head but I want to hear you guys say it.

Pobably goes with you get what you pay for.

FYI I will have time out in lake MI but more of my time will be in inland lakes. Also, Looking to be 75+ mph(thats how define fast)