Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What's the latest with Ultimate Warrior?
    Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Are we ever going to see it back on the water? That one sticks out in my memory with some of the other more "famous" Apaches. It seemed like that boat was in EVERY magazine at one time.

2. Collapse Details

It's been for sale by the same owner since at least 1997. I looked at it then. Is it listed anywhere these days?

3. Collapse Details

owned by Tony Ferrentino out of western NY. He redid the whole boat, poker ran it for several years, stripped the power and put it up for sale for a really high price. Last I heard it was still for sale.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Tony Ferrentino is the proud owner of Geronimo one of, if not the baddest 41 ever built!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

The owner used to keep the boat at Indian River Marina in Delware for years!! I rember it well as a kid, he would run with Smokin Joe( wellcraft Scarab), up the coast! I have alot of old pics of, need to scan them!!

6. Collapse Details

found pics of Smoking Joe, the 43 Scarab that was custom built for Joe Horisk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poker%20Run%20045%20(Small).jpg   Poker%20Run%20044%20(Small).jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Smakin joe looks bad azz!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Smakin joe looks bad azz!
    It was a bad ass boat for its time!! it was custom built for its owner by Wellcraft, it ran 108 on GPS, and cost a ton back in the day.

9. Collapse Details

more pics, sorry I know this a Apache thread but what the hell!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s%20708cui%20innovation.jpg   Smokin%20Joe.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor mikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WMF View Post
    found pics of Smoking Joe, the 43 Scarab that was custom built for Joe Horisk.
    That boat still gives me chills I freakin love that thing. I remember sitting on the beach in OC one summer and I heard this noise and was like that is that. You could not see anything in either direction but it kept getting louder. Then that thing went roaring by and I was OMG it was so bad a** my dad and I went to find it at Indian River Inlet. It was for sale at Lake Cumberland for a while but sure of where it is now.

Mikey
    Miss Geico Racing # 113

11. Collapse Details

Damn!! I apologize for WMF's Hi-Jack () but that is just badazz.
    Scarab's were the only performance boats I saw on my local water as a kid, but they got me into the love of the the sport.
    Smoking Joe looks like a monster!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

12. Collapse Details

i wonder how smokin joe would compare to the apaches

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    That boat still gives me chills I freakin love that thing. I remember sitting on the beach in OC one summer and I heard this noise and was like that is that. You could not see anything in either direction but it kept getting louder. Then that thing went roaring by and I was OMG it was so bad a** my dad and I went to find it at Indian River Inlet. It was for sale at Lake Cumberland for a while but sure of where it is now.
    Yes that was one bad ass boat, around here it was a legend. Joe had a 38 Scarab first, then had the 43 custom built by Larry Smith and the Wellcraft crew. I believe it was the only custom 43 Scarab ever build by Wellcraft at the factory. Joe was a customer of my father's back then, got to see the boat up close many times but never got a ride. He sold the boat years ago, and I think he now has a wellcraft crusier? For its time it was one of the fastest boats out there!! I think it would out run the first Ultimate Warrior 41 Apache in the ocean? It kinda got me into performance boats, that and Miami Vice The Smoking Joe boat was also in a episode of Thunder in Pardise with Hulk Hogan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poker%20Run%20044%20%28Small%29.jpg  
    Last edited by WMF; 01-12-2010 at 01:38 PM.

14. Collapse Details

Yes that was one bad ass boat, around here it was a legend. Joe had a 38 Scarab first, then had the 43 custom built by Larry Smith and the Wellcraft crew. I believe it was the only custom 43 Scarab ever build by Wellcraft at the factory. Joe was a customer of my father's back then, got to see the boat up close many times but never got a ride. He sold the boat years ago, and I think he now has a wellcraft crusier? For its time it was one of the fastest boats out there!! I think it would out run the first Ultimate Warrior 41 Apache in the ocean? It kinda got me into performance boats, that and Miami Vice The Smoking Joe boat was also in a episode of Thunder in Pardise with Hulk Hogan.
    Now you are really testing me, but 15 years +-, I remember seeing a 43' Scarab around Ocean City, NJ. It was owned by a guy in the car business and was built by Larry Smith with trips and big power, could this have been the sister boat to this one? The owner replaced the boat with a 38' Scarab AVS around 2000. I don't have any pics . Sorry for the hi-jack!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    Now you are really testing me, but 15 years +-, I remember seeing a 43' Scarab around Ocean City, NJ. It was owned by a guy in the car business and was built by Larry Smith with trips and big power, could this have been the sister boat to this one? The owner replaced the boat with a 38' Scarab AVS around 2000. I don't have any pics . Sorry for the hi-jack!
    Sound like the same boat, Joe is in the auto salvage business, in Wilmington, DE, but he never got another Scarab as far as I know after he sold Smokin Joe?

16. Collapse Details

Sound like the same boat, Joe is in the auto salvage business, in Wilmington, DE, but he never got another Scarab as far as I know after he sold Smokin Joe?
    It could be....the name was not ringing a bell though, I was just a young guy back then and its been a long time

17. Collapse Details

Back to Ultimate Warrior....

It's been redone at Apache Powerboats with new paint, engines, drives, rigging, and interior. Should be on it's way to Europe in a few weeks.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Megabyte*3 View Post
    Back to Ultimate Warrior....

It's been redone at Apache Powerboats with new paint, engines, drives, rigging, and interior. Should be on it's way to Europe in a few weeks.
    Can you post some new photos?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Tony Ferrentino is the proud owner of Geronimo one of, if not the baddest 41 ever built!!!!
    The owner used to keep the boat at Indian River Marina in Delware for years!! I rember it well as a kid, he would run with Smokin Joe( wellcraft Scarab), up the coast! I have alot of old pics of, need to scan them!!

Geronimo is/was a BAD MO FO!!!! I ran it from Indian River Inlet to Ocean City Inlet with the original owner Brian Haggin back in the summer of 94.... 8' swells, wind blowing 35MPH out of the east for 30 miles, Jenny Express off of our Starboard/Beach side and Tom from BoatPix chasing us in the Helo taking Pictures...

I have stated this in another thread, I have been in several Cats, one at over 150, drove a 36 Nortech @ 146, been in a hand ful of V Bottoms touching 100MPH etc...

No Boat ride that I have been on touches this afternoon off Ocean City Md. when we had Geronimo stretched out for the cameraman!!!
    Hell we never went over 75MPH that afternoon but we did it in 8 footers!!! Truely a memorable ride!!!

Tantra is on the boat this day with us, great ride that day huh Kent??

Pat

20. Collapse Details

Forgot to attach Photo....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geronimo.jpg