Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    28 Active Thunder vs 28 Pantera vs ???
    I will be getting my 28 A T in a few weeks hopefully waiting on a break in this crazy weather. Any way I have a friend who just sold his 24 Outlaw and is looking at something in the 27' to 29' range. He wants a good deep V ruff water boat.
    He is really into the Pantera as he says it is the king of the ruff water boats in this size range? He is wanting to be into this boat for no more than $75,000. Any one have any suggestions or experience between these two boats? Or any other boat in this range? I am sure he will wait until he sees and rides in my A T before he really starts shopping.
    He asked me to post this for him to see what people have to say. Maybe some one will have some other brand to bring into the picture, again thanks in advance for any and all info.One more thing he prefers a single engine but not mandatory. I also should add he wants something newer 2006 to 2008.
    Last edited by dennis1009; 01-06-2010 at 09:08 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Well this should be fun
    To tell you the truth before I bought the 28 you are getting I was very interested in the Pantera as I know they are great rough water boats and fast, probly faster than the A.T. with the same power but the real difference is the freeboard and cabin room . I like being deep inside the boat not on top of it( sorry Tim,Dude, ect) so I went with the A.T. I know he wants a single but I would tell him to take a very close look at New Moon a 28 A.T. with twin small blocks there is an add in the classies on here, if I were in the money and looking I would already own that boat.

I sure wish you would hurry up and get that boat home and post up some pics I haven't seen it in so long.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Well this should be fun
    To tell you the truth before I bought the 28 you are getting I was very interested in the Pantera as I know they are great rough water boats and fast, probly faster than the A.T. with the same power but the real difference is the freeboard and cabin room . I like being deep inside the boat not on top of it( sorry Tim,Dude, ect) so I went with the A.T. I know he wants a single but I would tell him to take a very close look at New Moon a 28 A.T. with twin small blocks there is an add in the classies on here, if I were in the money and looking I would already own that boat.

I sure wish you would hurry up and get that boat home and post up some pics I haven't seen it in so long.
    Yea I agree with you. I like and need the freeboard / cabin space mostly for the wife and the kids. I also really like the Pantera great boats.
    I am really going crazy waiting on your old A T. The weather needs to give us a break so we can make the trade. I will post pics as soon as I get her home. take care.

4. Collapse Details

Check out the Saber forum.

5. Collapse Details

Mabey look for a used Laveycraft 2750 NuEra.
    That is a great rough water boat!!

6. Collapse Details

It's funny, I'm 6'2" and over 250#. I carry a lot of weight above my waist (I know, I know) and I never had an issue with how "in" the 28 Pantera I felt. I've spun a couple and I stayed in the seat (little quarter and half spins) and in the boat. I can't say much for what it's like to ride in the back. Just never sat back there.

I'm very pleased with each of the four Panteras I've owned. There are a lot of good boats out there, but not many have the personality and history that comes with the Nunez family and Pantera boats.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    It's funny, I'm 6'2" and over 250#. I carry a lot of weight above my waist (I know, I know) and I never had an issue with how "in" the 28 Pantera I felt. I've spun a couple and I stayed in the seat (little quarter and half spins) and in the boat. I can't say much for what it's like to ride in the back. Just never sat back there.

I'm very pleased with each of the four Panteras I've owned. There are a lot of good boats out there, but not many have the personality and history that comes with the Nunez family and Pantera boats.
    At the same weight and 4 inches taller (also weight above my waist)... the Apache 28 was my only option. I drove a 28 Cig SS for a few minutes and was afraid I'd fall out.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

8. Collapse Details

For those of you complaining about being "ON" the boat, try a 24 Pantera on for size, its like high speed surfing, but it is a lot of fun

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    For those of you complaining about being "ON" the boat, try a 24 Pantera on for size, its like high speed surfing, but it is a lot of fun
    A 24 Pantera you say? Hmmm, I think I've been in one of those once or twice! Actually, I just cut a foot out of my front seat bases last weekend... Now it's a sitdown boat. No problem. Like riding in a C3 Vette convertible.

Now a Sanger Shovelnose hydro... That's a different story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb69AWD8geE

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Dude! Sweet!;410111]A 24 Pantera you say? Hmmm, I think I've been in one of those once or twice! Actually, I just cut a foot out of my front seat bases last weekend... Now it's a sitdown boat. No problem. Like riding in a C3 Vette convertible.

Now yer talking!!!!!! That is my plan with whatever I find, I want to turn whatever into a sit down river rocket.
    Keep me posted on how that works out for ya and plase post some pics.

11. Collapse Details

The guy standing behind me is is almost 7 ft, his nick name is ToTall.
    By the way tis is the boat dennis is waiting for
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MarkChris  Karen 2 at 72 dpi.jpg   Mark Chris  Karen 1 at 72dpi.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Those AT's remind me of a Sonic. Just needs the forward swept arch!

13. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Those AT's remind me of a Sonic. Just needs the forward swept arch!

Ya Ya Ya and we all know where they all started anyway

14. Collapse Details

Damn u. every time I see these pics I start to jones !!!!! But thanks for posting again. This is going to be a great summer I can not wait.

15. Collapse Details

Nice lookin AT !!!

16. Collapse Details

I've been in Pantera's a few times. Solid, handle the chop as well as a 28' boat can, but I never liked the freeboard or lack thereof. Pantera started installing footwells in the passenger and driver areas to get them down a bit more but now you just have these recesses that look kind of weird.

17. Collapse Details

That seems like a fair amount of freeboard.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

18. Collapse Details

A 24 Pantera you say? Hmmm, I think I've been in one of those once or twice! Actually, I just cut a foot out of my front seat bases last weekend... Now it's a sitdown boat. No problem. Like riding in a C3 Vette convertible.

Now a Sanger Shovelnose hydro... That's a different story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb69AWD8geE
    I like how you thinkWhere might that idea have come fromI am surprised you didnt have to move the seat back to fit in it, mine is set back so far there is just a rumble seat in the back, no floor. I am thinking of making it a true 3-man, and removing the back seat all together
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6180164.jpg   7-2.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Cockpit pic. of the Pantera 28' with the lowered padded footrests.We re-designed the cockpit last year on the 28' model plus added the new T.S. bottom, recessed hull side option with LED lights , lower CG, etc. etc.

JO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28 SR # 11.jpg   28 SR # 17.jpg   28 SR # 3.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    I like how you thinkWhere might that idea have come fromI am surprised you didnt have to move the seat back to fit in it, mine is set back so far there is just a rumble seat in the back, no floor. I am thinking of making it a true 3-man, and removing the back seat all together
    My first 24 was also a sitdown boat. This boat has a "kustom" interior. Motors are on a bracket too... I could actually move the seats forward a bit if I wanted even more space. I've got some ideas on what I want to do with the seating... We'll see where it goes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3kd3m93oe5Q15P15R398lac4a642adbb51a86.jpg   DSCN1243.jpg   10961_5.jpg