Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
  1. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Wardey;427525]
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    We did a 1/4" backing strap under the glass floor in the 29 Extremes. Many rough races and never a problem.
    Cool boat. Narrow Beam 29.
    Always wanted to go for a ride in a narrow beam 28/9.

Maybe I can beg a ride next time Im in florida.......

UD

2. Collapse Details

Uncle Dave,

Here are a few pictures of the angled footrests we put in the Pantera 28' model. We put "standard" Pirelli rubber non skid flooring with 3/4 inch padded foam underneath to absorb the impact while running in rough water.Also we can place the bolsters a little further back or forward depending on where the customer feels comfortable with the wheel.

We also offer as an option snap in carpet with our logo that is snapped in right over the Pirelli rubber flooring.

JO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics. 237.jpg   Pics. 173.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOAT View Post
    Uncle Dave,

Here are a few pictures of the angled footrests we put in the Pantera 28' model. We put "standard" Pirelli rubber non skid flooring with 3/4 inch padded foam underneath to absorb the impact while running in rough water.Also we can place the bolsters a little further back or forward depending on where the customer feels comfortable with the wheel.

We also offer as an option snap in carpet with our logo that is snapped in right over the Pirelli rubber flooring.

JO
    Jo, I think you guys did a fantastic job with the 28 SR.
    Lots of really great detail and work.
    Love the dash with the pop up indicators.

Can you have that rubber flooring duplicated in a different pattern?

Id be interested in purchasing one from you.

BTW- Congrats on the 41' its looking great!

UD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09041.jpg  
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-30-2010 at 02:02 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Hilarious! Very consistent of you....

Rather than coopers boat I could get this....
    The half canopy seems a better compromise that a full one and its got a full molded interior.

This is about as impractical as I think Id go,
    Very cool, this one has a 710 as well, but is ultralight and runs 107.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWZkv_f4bc

UD
    I really dig that Evo. Still very much fond of race boats for offshore. If you want a cabin and seating, buy a Sea Ray...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
    Thats funny I thought it was just mine. If I sit I can reach the wheel fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    I put a hub extension on mine. Makes it much better. And no, i like standing in our 28.
    Ah ha....so there is a "problem" with the 28 PP after all.....

I need to check into this extension for sure. Longer rides get tiring bracing yourself with your legs, and I've never even bothered sitting down.

6. Collapse Details

Uncle Dave,

JO
    This interior is perfect for a 28!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    This interior is perfect for a 28!
    Its a beauuutiifulll package for sure Jo.

I like the glove box, thats a nice touch that makes me wonder how much room is in that area- potentially its cavernous.
    The picture indicates that some other detail (clip or something) is down there but I cant see it.

Pantera's footrest implementation is interesting to me.

Im wondering if having a recessed tray in the floor would restrict movement around the area or not? I see there is a drain in it, nice detail, or is it a snap?

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-31-2010 at 02:42 AM.

8. Collapse Details

That is a drain in the lowered footwells and there is plenty of movement. There is also padding underneath the Pirelli rubber flooring which is real nice to have in rough water.

Here are 2 more pics. showing a different angle of the cockpit and dash area.

JO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics. 236.jpg   Pics. 230.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Another angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics. 240.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

That is a drain in the lowered footwells and there is plenty of movement. There is also padding underneath the Pirelli rubber flooring which is real nice to have in rough water.

Here are 2 more pics. showing a different angle of the cockpit and dash area.

JO
    That boat is real nice & the interior has a nice clean look. You guys did a great job with the 28 SR. I can't wait to see the 41

11. Collapse Details

Ok I have to chime in here. I like all of the boats you guys have discussed and I was about to start a thread asking these questions. I have never ridden in any of these boats but I admire them all. I have been looking at Brad Zastrows 28 in the classifieds and really would like to buy it but I am short on cash right now. My question is how does the 28 pantera run, ride ect with 2 big blocks as compared to a single or 2 small blocks. I boat on Lake Erie and really want a twin engine boat but not at the expense of ride quality. I will own one of the following someday. 28 pantera, 28 apache, 28 AT, or 28PP.

PLEASE do not bash this guys rig I am simply asking a question and do not need to hear about anything except how this rig will handle, fly ect.

12. Collapse Details

I would think the Powerplay & Pantera will ride similar. I would have bought a Pantera if I could have gotten a good deal on one but there were none around. I wanted twins since I run in the Ocean & the balance is perfect with the small blocks for rough water but you will give up some speed. My Powerplay runs right at 70 the twin big block Pantera's run 76-80. The customer support from Pantera is great Jo took the time to go over the boats with me on the phone & tell me the history of the 2 I was looking at.

13. Collapse Details

does anybody know how many 28 PP's and Pant's were built with twin SB's??
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmanwb View Post
    Ok I have to chime in here. I like all of the boats you guys have discussed and I was about to start a thread asking these questions. I have never ridden in any of these boats but I admire them all. I have been looking at Brad Zastrows 28 in the classifieds and really would like to buy it but I am short on cash right now. My question is how does the 28 pantera run, ride ect with 2 big blocks as compared to a single or 2 small blocks. I boat on Lake Erie and really want a twin engine boat but not at the expense of ride quality. I will own one of the following someday. 28 pantera, 28 apache, 28 AT, or 28PP.

PLEASE do not bash this guys rig I am simply asking a question and do not need to hear about anything except how this rig will handle, fly ect.
    His Pantera looks real nice, and like a great deal. I am surprised it is still available really.

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    does anybody know how many 28 PP's and Pant's were built with twin SB's??
    For PP's, I know there are only 13-14 28's period. Of those, only 3-4 are singles. So, there are 9-10 twins, split between BBC's, SBC's, and OB's? I think there's only 1 OB 28, making it even more rare than the single?

15. Collapse Details

I think that I would own it if I had the money. I have been looking for a rig like that for a while. It killed me to see the 35 cig with the konrads go for 40k, now I know that in a year or two I will regret not finding the jack to buy this one.

16. Collapse Details

Here ya go Ironman, I would be in this if I could.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...5&s_by=f_title

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Here ya go Ironman, I would be in this if I could.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...5&s_by=f_title
    That's a great ride too, but at nearly twice the Pantera he's wishing he could swing right now....

18. Collapse Details

I always liked Spillmans ride.

Lots of really cool details like the soot guards.
    Dual front cleats- (should be pop ups)
    Thinned rails. Mine are as well, but being SS its harder to see than the "white" look.

I like the 2 windows - but I'd prefer a flush mount.

Its Probably the best weekender of this bunch.

Couple of sets of heads- Brodix, or AFR heads and new intakes, and that puppy would REALLY light up.
    You could have yourself a really slick ride if you could put another 10K into it.

after than you'd need to add steering I think- so the next "jump" after that is a real expensive one.

UD