Thread: pics

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Call me I'll put you in touch with the guy that put the arneson's on his black thunder. Maybe he'll have some good insights for you.
    what bt has arneson drives??

2. Collapse Details

Turbinator

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Reggie's not my mentor, he is my hero!

What if..you were to re-rig the titanic with say Speedmaster #5 drives on the outer motors, and a IIIA on the center motor. Then go with triple 750HP mills. Eric from St. Louis has the 43 BT with ssm V drives. (twin setup) and that thing runs pretty darn good! No drive issues and i think he is 800HP a side?
    Thanks Mild,

Yep, my BT does have the twin Young Performance Marine. They are to put out 750hp, and its tuned for fuel economy.
    I have not had any trouble with my SSM V Drives,(my fingers are crossed) as a I say this.
    It is the raised deck and weighs 11,500 dry. However I'm not sure if that includes the gen-set on board or not.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Turbinator
    Hey John, Performance boat TV did a segment on turbinator about 5-6yrs ago (can't find the clip anymore), and the boat was rigged/worked on by MTT and they had said that they built their own drives for it of which they called the stinger drive... it looked like a modified arneson though, maybe Rik can chime in. If I remember right, the main difference was that they had put rudders behind each prop (not 100% sure of this).

I don't know who owned turbinator when that TV clip was taken..... Maybe they scrapped the stinger drive since that clip and put arnesons on. Maybe Rik can clarify which BT's he has sold drives for. Also, turbinator was a 43 hull, not a 460. Although the 43's and earlier 46's are almost identical in design, they have very different running characteristics. Do you know the original owner of Turbinator? Was his name Ted by chance?
    Last edited by Coolerman; 11-03-2010 at 10:10 AM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    Hey John, Performance boat TV did a segment on turbinator about 5-6yrs ago (can't find the clip anymore), and the boat was rigged/worked on by MTT and they had said that they built their own drives for it of which they called the stinger drive... it looked like a modified arneson though, maybe Rik can chime in. If I remember right, the main difference was that they had put rudders behind each prop (not 100% sure of this). Maybe they scrapped the stinger drive since that clip and put arnesons on.

I don't know who owned turbinator when that TV clip was taken..... Maybe they scrapped the stinger drive since that clip and put arnesons on. Maybe Rik can clarify which BT's he has sold drives for. Also, turbinator was a 43 hull, not a 460. Although the 43's and earlier 46's are almost identical in design, they have very different running characteristics. Do you know the original owner of Turbinator? Was his name Ted by chance?
    The stinger was kinda another cheap copy of an Arneson that "cheap" is its best feature.

There was, according to Terry Sobo, a BT with Pulse drives that was a disaster (mind you an Arneson and a Pulse are nothing alike so please, no guilt by association (surface drive))

I honestly do not know of any BT's with Arnesons. That being said, there is a lot of fear about boat brands and what works but I have not found any particular hull that is totally crap. If the boat is good then the Arnesons will make it better. Likewise, no one can polish a turd. Thankfully the BT's are not turds.

6. Collapse Details

Hey John, Performance boat TV did a segment on turbinator about 5-6yrs ago (can't find the clip anymore), and the boat was rigged/worked on by MTT and they had said that they built their own drives for it of which they called the stinger drive... it looked like a modified arneson though, maybe Rik can chime in. If I remember right, the main difference was that they had put rudders behind each prop (not 100% sure of this). Maybe they scrapped the stinger drive since that clip and put arnesons on.

Here is a pic from his web site.
    http://marineturbine.com/images-projects/Full/BR15.jpg

Yes his name is Ted.

From the looks of the things they build it is a first class operation to me.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    There was, according to Terry Sobo, a BT with Pulse drives that was a disaster (mind you an Arneson and a Pulse are nothing alike so please, no guilt by association (surface drive))
    I've never heard of a happy pulse drive conversion....... The zero cavity 38 cig comes to mind.

8. Collapse Details

I've never heard of a happy pulse drive conversion....... The zero cavity 38 cig comes to mind.
    Oh.. You mean the Dentist that spent a but load of $$$$$$$$$ on PSI's and then spent another but load putting the #3's back on it...

I've got so many of those old Cigarette's with Arnesons that run so great that I feel so bad for him. He could have been a happy boater but everyone said the Arnesons do not work..

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Oh.. You mean the Dentist that spent a but load of $$$$$$$$$ on PSI's and then spent another but load putting the #3's back on it...

I've got so many of those old Cigarette's with Arnesons that run so great that I feel so bad for him. He could have been a happy boater but everyone said the Arnesons do not work..
    Yeah, I think his name was Dr.Santiago.... It looked like a nice boat otherwise.

10. Collapse Details

afer seeing pics of the Turbinator, I wonder just what bob said when that guy walked in and placed his order.....

11. Collapse Details

Yeah, I think his name was Dr.Santiago.... It looked like a nice boat otherwise.
    Beautiful boat. I think it was a dark purple with yellow graphic's? What was it called "Mr. Cavity" or something like that..

12. Collapse Details

Zero Cavity

It was for sale a few years ago , the guy that owned it had stolen money from a trust fund set up for Jennifer Poulter (sp?) from the Fort Meyers Offshore club. it was covered in mold and looked like hell.
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Horseplay was down here.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Key West 2010 086.jpg   Key West 2010 089.jpg  
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Horseplay was down here.....
    Thats a BT that can run also!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Thats a BT that can run also!
    The motors started out as triple 675s chiefs, very nice boat

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    afer seeing pics of the Turbinator, I wonder just what bob said when that guy walked in and placed his order.....
    Funny story about turbinator, The boat came to ratical graphics where I was helping in the evenings after I got done with my real job, rodney schwentker the owner and I have been friends for years and he needed help as he was just getting started painting black thunders. I'm guessing but I think this was around 97-98 when we painted this boat. I think the guy that built it if memory serves me correctly owned golds gyms. He was building it for turbines so the rear was beefed up,
    Anyway, he gave us the basic design he wanted, the flames have a paint that had just came out in them, it changes color with different angles. It was 300 dollars an ounce... Unheard of at the time.

He flew in to look at it, and gave us a picture of himself, just of his face, and the VCR cover of terminator movie with Arnold schwartzneger in it, on the movie cover it was arnolds face ripped open exposing a robot skull, the owner wanted his face airbrushed onto the turbine engine on the side with his face ripped open exposing a robot skull. We were like ehhhhhhhh. Ok??? It's your money dude... Lol

So that's where the face on the turbine came from, a Polaroid of the original owner.

We painted the front stripe on ripping into little shreds going into the turbine late one night and started clearing the thing at 3:00 am in the morning.
    I walked out at 6:00 that morning after working all night to get it cleared. Six gallons of clear if I remember correctly. Buffed next day all night and it left for Miami next day, never saw it or heard about it again..

Till now

17. Collapse Details

Pic's to come next week.
    R.I.P. Squirrel 553 - Get Better BobbyB 371

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scandelous View Post
    Pic's to come next week.
    Nice avatar. I remember that pic from a while back.

19. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6BlackT3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	68708

Name:	33943_8.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	68709

Name:	boat05_600_384.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	68710

Name:	dsc_0031_nef.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	68711

Name:	dsc_0238.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	68712

Name:	33943_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	68713

20. Collapse Details

lol, no need to post pics anymore scandelous.