Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Checked w/ Randy those were just stage props (no pun intended) for the photo opportunity. So you see sometimes we must refrain from being quick to judge & give the benefit of the doubt. Mystery solved & case closed! I think my work is done here!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    32b (it's a 2007 ,they stopped making the original 32 a while ago- 2001 I believe??), still playing with props, and have to recalibrate the gps after switching to a battery free antennae, so not 100% sure on top speed.(You can watch GLH's video of the hudson run to get some ideas of the speeds we were running) The 6 drives on boxes really keep the boat hooked up and let you leverage the boat to do things with it you cant on a bravo boat. The nice surprise is the awesome gas mileage i've been getting out of the Ilmors, very surprised and much better than i anticipated.(Would estimate about 2 mpg crusing at 100) There are only 2 back seats , so the wind down the middle is not an issue as there's no middle rear passenger.( I can run wide open with virtually no wind behind the qtr canopy) Overall, Pete did a real nice job, as usual!
    Steve,

My GPS Speedo antenna crapped out too & I went thru the whole battery replacement w/o any success so I wired mine directly into my Garmin GPS & it works perfect as long as I have the Garmin uncovered & on. No calibration necessary. It's running both my front & rear speedo plus the Garmin digital display.

If I had my way I'd lose most of my gauges for a few Data Tachs. I have 4 Tachs & 2 speedos in my helm. Data tachs would clean the dash up nicely. I'm not really a smartcraft display kinda guy although I know many of the newer high end boats are incorporating those style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skater 30 cockpit front.jpg   730-DataTach_PropSlip_A.jpg  
    Last edited by NASCAT; 05-05-2010 at 10:53 AM.

3. Collapse Details

I am wondering why the boat only runs 101 with 710's? The slip ratio of 14% is high and the speed seems quite low. I would guess closer to 135 mph. Maybe I did not read the thread correctly?

4. Collapse Details

Brad,

Thats a photo I took off of Livorsi's site (LMAO) but good eye. I don't actually have a Data Tach but was saying I wish I did in order to consolidate the bazillion gauges.
    Actually my boat ran 137 w/ the original owner & different props, my personal best 135 so you are spot on.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NASCAT View Post
    Steve,

My GPS Speedo antenna crapped out too & I went thru the whole battery replacement w/o any success so I wired mine directly into my Garmin GPS & it works perfect as long as I have the Garmin uncovered & on. No calibration necessary. It's running both my front & rear speedo plus the Garmin digital display.

If I had my way I'd lose most of my gauges for a few Data Tachs. I have 4 Tachs & 2 speedos in my helm. Data tachs would clean the dash up nicely. I'm not really a smartcraft display kinda guy although I know many of the newer high end boats are incorporating those style.
    Only problem is I've got a north star gps, and it only reads to 99.9 mph

6. Collapse Details

Only problem is I've got a north star gps, and it only reads to 99.9 mph
    Obviously I needed to give you more credit but less to the original owner or whoever spec'd that bad boy out for a Cat Are there any Cat's that go less than 100?

7. Collapse Details

Steve,

Did you get my PM about your current props. I know you gave me the sizes etc but do you know the rake & what gear ratio your drives are? I'm using your setup as a starting point for mine & they want to know what ratio. The DCB's & Eliminator w/ Indy drives all have a 1.39 ratio which is close to my Bravo 1.34

8. Collapse Details

Brad,

Thats a photo I took off of Livorsi's site (LMAO) but good eye. I don't actually have a Data Tach but was saying I wish I did in order to consolidate the bazillion gauges.
    Actually my boat ran 137 w/ the original owner & different props, my personal best 135 so you are spot on.
    Great! That makes more sense than the 101 mph.

9. Collapse Details

5240rpm is about 1000 shy for the V-10's too!

10. Collapse Details

Steve,

Did you get my PM about your current props. I know you gave me the sizes etc but do you know the rake & what gear ratio your drives are? I'm using your setup as a starting point for mine & they want to know what ratio. The DCB's & Eliminator w/ Indy drives all have a 1.39 ratio which is close to my Bravo 1.34
    18deg rake 1.5 gear ratio

11. Collapse Details

5240rpm is about 1000 shy for the V-10's too!
    We saw 6500 last yr

12. Collapse Details

Obviously I needed to give you more credit but less to the original owner or whoever spec'd that bad boy out for a Cat Are there any Cat's that go less than 100?
    I think Allen liked north star due to his aviation background, prob didn't realize that this unit stopped at 99.9 other than that, it's a nice gps

13. Collapse Details

Thank you, thank you & agree!

14. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    We saw 6500 last yr
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

15. Collapse Details

Steve by the look on IlmorDudes face I think you just voided your warranty!

16. Collapse Details

That puppy was voided a while ago! That's where the rev limiters kick in. They're just starting to sing at that rpm!
    Last edited by stainless; 05-09-2010 at 10:29 AM.

17. Collapse Details

fun day...Old Saybrook to Bristol, RI, isn't that where Outerlimit's are built?
    down to Newport, buzzed back to OS...ocean swells..little chop...big chop..
    boy...those props on a SSM VI outdrive just stay "hooked up"!!!
    Thanks for the blast Steve...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails downsize 2.jpg   downsize 1.jpg   downsize.jpg  

0531101352.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Had a great day guys!

19. Collapse Details

Mint boat!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ktron View Post
    Mint boat!!!
    Thanks Ktron!