1. Collapse Details
    28 Savage stereo upgrade?
    Looking for info on upgrading the sound system. I want to keep the head unit just wanting to replace the 4 factory speakers with JL Audio and adding 1 10" JL sub along with JL's New marine amp MHD 900/5.

Has any one did this or a simular upgrade? if so do you have any pics or maybe better suggestions? Also what size are the factory speakers 6".5"? as I would like to upgrade to the 7".7" is this possible?

The reason I am asking some of these questions is because I do not have the boat as of yet. I am trying to get things ready for when I pick up the boat. Thanks for any info.

2. Collapse Details

Yeah, most likely the ones in there are Sony 6.5's so you will have to make the hole a little bigger. I had to make my holes bigger this past season when I put my new Kicker 6 1/2's in (which required a larger hole than my other 6.5's). I used a Dremmel (that roatating handheld tool) and used a gritty sandpaper attachment and made the hole the right size in a matter of mins, but going to a 7.7 you may want to use a template and take a saw to it.

I bougth the Kicker 6.5's powered by a Sony 60x4 amp and it sounds pretty good...it probably isn't as good as the JL, but for the money I am really happy with them.

Check this website out, they had the best prices when I was shopping around:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...o---video.html

3. Collapse Details

Another option you may want to consider is the DC Gold 7" 's. I have them and they sound great. 3 year warranty and 100% waterproof for $200/pair.