Thread: 2010 f450

1. Collapse Details
    2010 f450
    Found what I think is a good deal on a new F450 to pull the MTI. Below invoice plus $4500 Ford incentives, plus state sales tax deduction if purchased before 12/31. My F250 just won't cut it anymore. Opinions? First hand experience? Only thing I didn't like was the 8.4 MPG on the test drive. 4.30 gears....is this accurate?

Thanks
    Wicked

2. Collapse Details

I have an 08 450 4x4 with the 4:30 gear and get 11.5 miles to the gallon on the highway. If I stay under 70 it will get about 12.5 to 13. I have had no problems with mine and I'm at 30,000 miles. It pulls very well and is a tight turning machine. I didn't like the factory Continental tires,they had too much road noise. I went with a Toyo closed shoulder and I went 2 sizes taller witch filled the fender wells and made the ride very quiet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Boat 003.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

That is a hell of a setup. I am guessing you either pull through the yard, or you have a nice wide street to line it up good.....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nomomoney View Post
    I have an 08 450 4x4 with the 4:30 gear and get 11.5 miles to the gallon on the highway. If I stay under 70 it will get about 12.5 to 13. I have had no problems with mine and I'm at 30,000 miles. It pulls very well and is a tight turning machine. I didn't like the factory Continental tires,they had too much road noise. I went with a Toyo closed shoulder and I went 2 sizes taller witch filled the fender wells and made the ride very quiet.

That's one full driveway
    Wicked

5. Collapse Details

What does that rig weigh? Do you really need 4:30 gears, I would think 4:10's would be plenty......hell, you can use my 2007 4:10 F350 to try it if interested (wrong motor but close). Also, I would check prices with Sanders Ford in Jacksonville NC who advertises here. Made me a great deal on my truck and others drove alot further than I did for the same reason.

6. Collapse Details

Thanks Russ. Don't really need the 450 but it's a good deal and nicely optioned. Just didn't like the mileage. Gonna revisit the 350's w/3.73's. When you gonna stop by?
    Wicked

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thanks Russ. Don't really need the 450 but it's a good deal and nicely optioned. Just didn't like the mileage. Gonna revisit the 350's w/3.73's. When you gonna stop by?
    Been painting the house...may get out there this weekend if your around.

My 6.0L 4:10 F350 gets 10-11 pulling the 382 at 75 on the interstate. Without the boat it increases about 2 mpg. Running 60-65 increases it to around 15-16 but i just can't seem to run that speed!!! It's not a daily driver so I don't really care.
    BTW: Sanders website shows only 1 2010 F350 loaded up just like mine....stickers at $54K, I wonder what he'd take for it?

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor mikey's Avatar
    I tow a 39 outerlimits with a 08 450 with 4.3 gears and around 10 miles per gallon is a good average. The truck is awesome and never had an issue with it. I think its gonna get 22.5 wheels on it next.

Mikey
    Miss Geico Racing # 113

9. Collapse Details

Chuck has had issues with his 450 but might be an isolated case.

We are getting better mileage than that with the 650 but it might also be an issue of speed... Anything above 70 MPH will make these rigs suck it down when towing.

10. Collapse Details

Contributor / Competitor Wanted Racing's Avatar
    Found what I think is a good deal on a new F450 to pull the MTI. Below invoice plus $4500 Ford incentives, plus state sales tax deduction if purchased before 12/31. My F250 just won't cut it anymore. Opinions? First hand experience? Only thing I didn't like was the 8.4 MPG on the test drive. 4.30 gears....is this accurate?

Thanks
    there is a programer kit for the truck and u have to take off the burn chamber on the exhust system and have it removed out of the computer with the programer and u will get about 18-20 mpg.
    2007 OPA National Champs-2008 OPA Gieco Triple Crown Champs

11. Collapse Details

350 ford pulling a black thunder. Who cares about fuel MPG ! Get over it. You want to play you got to pay. Do you really need that boat!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Like I posted on OSO.. the F350 with 3.73 gears works pulling the 43 NorTech which weighs more by about 5k. I also opted for the tight turning radius so it turns like the 450. Note the front fender flair... that designates this option... It makes a big difference. Mine is an 08, and that option is no longer available for 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 643 apelahama 032.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

I would not recomend the F series Superduty. Check out my thread in the Truck and Tow section on OSO to see what I have gone through with this truck. I would like to say my truck was a fluke, but if you do some serious internet searches you will find that there are many customers going through what I went through.

If you do decide to go with an F- series I would also recomend Matt McRaymond here on the board. We have never met and he tried harder than my selling dealer did to resolve my issues. Good Luck.

This is a shot taken on the side of a major interstate with a blown motor at 55k with a full service history. Radiator number four had just went. I then had to borrow trucks for the next month in order to be able to boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures through July 6009 112.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Sanders Ford in Jacksonville NC
    http://www.sandersford.com/

Sounds like you found a truck already but if it were me I'd still check with Matt (SOS user name mcraymond3) to see if he could match or best the deal.

I love my 06 F350 and thought about upgrading but after hearing Chucks plight and talking to my local 450 owners decided to stay put in the ride I currently have. Local guys hated the MPG but loved the fold down ladder in the tailgate and the turning radius. They all bought them when the new style first came out so could be better now..

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Racing View Post
    there is a programer kit for the truck and u have to take off the burn chamber on the exhust system and have it removed out of the computer with the programer and u will get about 18-20 mpg.
    please post or PM this info, my brother has an 08 we need to change around...

16. Collapse Details

Matt (910-455-1911) at Saunders Ford Rules....

We got this beauty from him...

17. Collapse Details

Thanks GL!!! You are the best. Woody, Call my cell: 910-787-4101

18. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=MarylandMark;393219] but loved the fold down ladder in the tailgate QUOTE]

I love the Chevy Commercial with Howie Long making fun of the guy for his "Man Step"...