1. Collapse Details
    "The Deadliest Catch" Meets the Friendliest Race Team!
    The Cigarette Caveman today joined the Miss GEICO Race Team and special guest, Jonathan Hillstrand, of the Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” as they set off on a mission--to set a base speed record from Miami to Palm Beach.

As the 38 Top Gun Cigarette Caveman acted as the “pace” boat from the channel at Grove Harbour Marina, in Coconut Grove en route to the Loggerhead Marina in Jupiter, Florida some 78miles away, it was sunshine and blue skies. The earlier squalls and rain that blew through Miami had cleared, and while the wind seemed to be picking up, the crew was ready for a safe, fun run north with team owner John Haggin and Hillstrand riding with driver and throttleman Marc Granett and Scott Begovich at the controls of the Miss GEICO race boat. The goal was not to break any speed records, but rather to set a benchmark to create a new record to break! It was also the opportunity for Hillstrand to experience the ride at 100+ mph in a state-of-the-art turbine-powered catamaran—and unusual and exciting experience for a man who generally fishes for Alaskan King Crab in the Bering Sea! The Discovery Channel was on hand to catch Hillstrand in his new “racy” role!

As often happens in South Florida, the weather just north of Dade and Broward counties varied greatly though only miles away. Craig Wilson, Powerboat P1’s Evolution Class Champion from 2007 and 2008 was along for the ride in the Cigarette Racing Team’s Caveman boat and reported that the seas were ugly—like a washing machine with rain pouring down and winds seeming to come from all directions.

Despite the unfavorable conditions, everyone made it safely and we’ll await the official speed from the forthcoming Miss GEICO Racing Team press release. Said Hillstrand, “I wouldn’t pass this opportunity up for the world! These guys might have a more dangerous job per capita than I do! This is the coolest thing I’ve done in my life!” And that’s something coming from a guy who fishes in Alaskan waters!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0237.JPG   IMG_0246.JPG   IMG_0253.JPG  

2. Collapse Details

Those Hillstrand boys are nuts. Love 'em!
    www.blackduckcafe.net

3. Collapse Details

Great Story. Can't wait to see the Discovery footage....

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

I've noticed alot more commercials on TV with the Geico cat. I was watching the Military channel last night and one came on.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Man, I'd love to meet Jonathan sometime. He really is my favorite one on the show. He seems like a really genuine dude, that likes fun times!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Man, I'd love to meet Jonathan sometime. He really is my favorite one on the show. He seems like a really genuine dude, that likes fun times!
    He was drinking at my Dad's bar back in September when he was in town for a boat show. He got hammerred and had to be put to bed in the car by Andy! His drink of choice?...Duck Fart
    www.blackduckcafe.net

8. Collapse Details

They wrote a cool book together, definitely worth checking out if you're a fan. It's amazing they're still alive..

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    His drink of choice?...Duck Fart
    Haha, so what's in one?

10. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Haha, so what's in one?
    I'm not sure what's in them...but they get the job done!

Maybe whiskey,Baileys irish cream and Kahlua ? They taste kinda like chocolate milk!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I'm not sure what's in them...but they get the job done!

Maybe whiskey,Baileys irish cream and Kahlua ?
    We have a winner!
    www.blackduckcafe.net

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed View Post
    They wrote a cool book together, definitely worth checking out if you're a fan. It's amazing they're still alive..
    Who, Jonathan and Andy?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HPBoats83 View Post
    Who, Jonathan and Andy?

Time Bandit: Two Brothers, the Bering Sea, and One of the World's Deadliest Jobs by Johnathan Hillstrand, Andy Hillstrand, Malcolm MacPherson

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Tim.../9780345503725
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25678816.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    [QUOTE=HPBoats83;392499]I've noticed alot more commercials on TV with the Geico cat. I was watching the Military channel last night and one came on. [/QUOTE

That team knows how to market themselves as well as the sport, they have done a great job in getting recognition outside our comfort zone. BTW I saw a thread teasing Scotty about his new beard, but did anyone notice how very svelt Scott is looking in his jump suit, very impressive I must say

15. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht;394073]
    Quote Originally Posted by HPBoats83 View Post
    I've noticed alot more commercials on TV with the Geico cat. I was watching the Military channel last night and one came on. [/QUOTE

That team knows how to market themselves as well as the sport, they have done a great job in getting recognition outside our comfort zone. BTW I saw a thread teasing Scotty about his new beard, but did anyone notice how very svelt Scott is looking in his jump suit, very impressive I must say
    I agree, I think what the team is trying to do for racing for a whole is awesome! I think the more publicity we can bring to the sport, the better it's going to make everything in the boating community.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
    but did anyone notice how very svelt Scott is looking in his jump suit, very impressive I must say
    I for one did not and am proud to say that I did not..

17. Collapse Details

Contributor / Competitor Wanted Racing's Avatar
    what class r these cats runnin in
    2007 OPA National Champs-2008 OPA Gieco Triple Crown Champs