Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    ChiefApache: I found some "old" photos of "The Chief"
    Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    While I was looking for that purple/teal boat we've been discussing in the Warpath thread, I found some pics of The Chief from 2000/2001 that I thought you might want?

You may already have them, so I apologize for getting your hopes up if so! I remember you saying that you're trying to piece together some history on it though, so I thought they might be of value to you?!

.......and sorry for posting them in here guys. I knew they would see them faster here, than if I posted them in a thread. I don't have their email handy, or I would have gone that route

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Nice hoots on the girl in the back!!!

3. Collapse Details

Thank you Brandon!! These photos show the scoops on the hatches, now replaced with sun deck. Besides the mural we lost on the top, she pretty much looks the same except for a few gauges that have been added. Oh, and side vents are different.

That rocks! And will make Rob happy to see some older pictures of her.

Thanks again.
    Queen of Bammin'

4. Collapse Details

Hmmm, after looking closer, there are several things different. Bolsters, back seat, cabin door......
    Queen of Bammin'

5. Collapse Details

Any idea who owned the boat when the pictures were taken? Who's driving?
    Queen of Bammin'

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post

No prob on the pics!

I'm not positive, but I "think" Mr. Tanner owned it during that time, but I don't think that's him driving. He had The Chief, and Tonto both for awhile.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    No prob on the pics!

I'm not positive, but I "think" Mr. Tanner owned it during that time, but I don't think that's him driving. He had The Chief, and Tonto both for awhile.
    We did know Robert owned the boat for a while. Thought we were going to meet him in KW but that didn't happen.

We have friends that know Tanner. We might have to make a trip and check it out ourselves LOL! I'm sure Robert has several pics of the boat when he owned it.

We have lots and lots of questions regarding our boat.

We were told (and we still don't believe it to this day) that our boat had #6's on it. There's no frickin way. Who would be so stupid to remove them for one, and, the transom has not been replaced or new holes drilled in it, etc.

We were also told it was most likely not named The Chief when it came out of the mold or had the scheme. However, I don't feel like spending $300 to have the VIN researched at this time.
    Queen of Bammin'

8. Collapse Details

We did know Robert owned the boat for a while. Thought we were going to meet him in KW but that didn't happen.

We have friends that know Tanner. We might have to make a trip and check it out ourselves LOL! I'm sure Robert has several pics of the boat when he owned it.

We were told (and we still don't believe it to this day) that our boat had #6's on it. There's no frickin way. Who would be so stupid to remove them for one, and, the transom has not been replaced or new holes drilled in it, etc.

We were also told it was most likely not named The Chief when it came out of the mold or had the scheme. However, I don't feel like spending $300 to have the VIN researched at this time.

That paint HAS to be original........ HAS to. The style, the COLORS, and the technique ALL match the era that it was created in! The only way I'd buy it not being "technically" original, is if the boat stayed white, or maybe had a tape stripe for awhile BEFORE it was painted that way.

I don't buy the #6 story either. It wouldn't have come new with 6's, because I don't "think" 6's were quite out yet in 88-89. If someone re-rigged it with 6's, and then someone went back........ nah, I just don't buy THAT level of density

9. Collapse Details

Nice!!

10. Collapse Details

Banned

Looks like Austin to me...

11. Collapse Details

Banned

Call McManus..he would probably know..he got everything from the G
    Pretty sure there was a swap with The Chief and Medicine Man between Robert and Austin...

12. Collapse Details

When a.m had it at diversey harbor the locals called it the "Gay Buffalo Hunter"........M.M.......

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    If they are the same tards that I know, consider the source

14. Collapse Details

That looks like Austin running her, before Bobby did some work on her. Later he trader it to Tanner when he sold his 47 MM.

15. Collapse Details

We have friends that know Tanner.
    Robster met him at breakfast friday sweetie .... its possible he doesn't quite remember friday morning however !??!??

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Mark View Post
    When a.m had it at diversey harbor the locals called it the "Gay Buffalo Hunter"........M.M.......
    HEY Mark we might have take it into the Free for all Apache thread if your sayin my boats GAY.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BRD View Post
    Robster met him at breakfast friday sweetie .... its possible he doesn't quite remember friday morning however !??!??
    Hey Jer Barbie didnt know I met Tanner at breakfast that morning. TOO MUCH BOOZE that week.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    Call McManus..he would probably know..he got everything from the G
    Pretty sure there was a swap with The Chief and Medicine Man between Robert and Austin...
    I tried he said he didnt know what the boat was and didnt think the scheme wasnt authentic.

19. Collapse Details

Thanks for the pics Brandon they are already printed off and will be on the wall soon.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRob View Post
    Hey Jer Barbie didnt know I met Tanner at breakfast that morning. TOO MUCH BOOZE that week.
    Ya think ?!?!??

I kinda like the scoops pal !?!?!? Orrrrrrrr ...... that raised hatch ?