Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    probably jumped in the chase Cig and got lifted from there..

Considering a few of those miles are in Biscayne Bay and the ICW in WPB, thats pretty good time..
    I suspect the "race course" was only from inlet to inlet, all open ocean.

2. Collapse Details

It was Waypoint-to-waypoint. I think it was set up just outside the inlets.
    Treat every situation like a dog, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Haggin went into the cig and we turned around went back to Miami and restarted. It was rough and I am sore. Haggin did not want to get out of the boat but we made him but he rode above us in the copter. 78 miles 45minutes 59seconds. most of the run was in the 105-110 range but it got really rough in and out of some of the rain storms and we slowed to 80-85. First time doing it we went a bit conservative so we would at least finish and not break anything. We plan on crushing it in the summer

4. Collapse Details

congrats!

5. Collapse Details

Great job guys! Hope Haggin is feeling better.

6. Collapse Details

Can you guys give us the two way points you know in case we would like to see what you guys ran and have a frame of reference.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
    Haggin did not want to get out of the boat but we made him
    I'm going to boss my boss around as well. Are ya'll hiring if it doesn't work out for me?

We plan on crushing it in the summer

Maybe between now and then someone may try to beat you to get a little battle of the boats going on!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Can you guys give us the two way points you know in case we would like to see what you guys ran and have a frame of reference.
    Just look up the waypoints of the Lake Worth inlet (not S. Lake Worth/Boynton) and Govt Cut.

9. Collapse Details

Congrats Team Geico!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Great run guys I am sure in the summer calms you will blow that time out of the water literally.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Just look up the waypoints of the Lake Worth inlet (not S. Lake Worth/Boynton) and Govt Cut.
    Boynton Inlet is only 54.25 miles as a straight line on Google maps my guess they went to the Palm Beach Inlet that gives on Peanut Island which is 70 miles in a straight line. I imagine the extra 8 miles are due to curvature of shore and heading out a mile or two offshore.

That would be a nice run to try with the MTI if the weather is perfect! I better hurry before summer comes and they run it at 160 mph...

Now where do I buy race gas on the water in Palm Beach? for the way back!

12. Collapse Details

Boynton Inlet is only 54.25 miles as a straight line on Google maps my guess they went to the Palm Beach Inlet that gives on Peanut Island which is 70 miles in a straight line. I imagine the extra 8 miles are due to curvature of shore and heading out a mile or two offshore.

That would be a nice run to try with the MTI if the weather is perfect! I better hurry before summer comes and they run it at 160 mph...

Now where do I buy race gas on the water in Palm Beach? for the way back!
    You are correct... Boynton inlet is called S. Lake Worth and the Palm Beach inlet, next to Peanut Island is called Lake Worth.

Race fuel.....good luck but there is a boat ramp just north of Peanut Island if you wanted to pull the boat out there. You also might be able to get the Geico boys to deliver some fuel to you since their shop is less than 5 miles from the inlet!

13. Collapse Details

i see where you are going with this

14. Collapse Details

They cheated. They ran "with" the Gulfstream current, running north. lol

15. Collapse Details

Lake Worth Inlet

26 46 20 N
    80 02 14 W

Gov't Cut

25 45 32 N
    80 07 30 W

16. Collapse Details

Its a good thing the Gieco boys just did that with a cat.. if they had done it with a fountain.. Gino would be going for a boat ride...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

17. Collapse Details

Now THATS funny!

18. Collapse Details

Haggin went into the cig and we turned around went back to Miami and restarted. It was rough and I am sore. Haggin did not want to get out of the boat but we made him but he rode above us in the copter. 78 miles 45minutes 59seconds. most of the run was in the 105-110 range but it got really rough in and out of some of the rain storms and we slowed to 80-85. First time doing it we went a bit conservative so we would at least finish and not break anything. We plan on crushing it in the summer

Wise Call ! And looking forward to the next try.
    Sad about John and Scott you heel good now!
    Greetings from Chilly Finland We got 10 degrees... and going down....
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

19. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Congrats Marc and Scotty. That would be a cool run to watch. We did some testing down there in Feb. Did Ft Lauderdale/Dania Cut to biscayne bay twice a day!! Wow that kicked our a$$es. I gotta say that Govt cut is some of the wierdest/sloppiest water ive ever seen.
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

20. Collapse Details

Gov't cut has soiled many a pair of shorts in it's day