1. Collapse Details
    VW Bugs for MikeyFinn
    here is just a sampling of the things you can do with a VW Beetle...

From This...

To this...

To this....

to this

to this..

to this...

All started as VW Beetles
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Vroom zoom

4. Collapse Details

Big bore/stroke kits to turn the sedate little 40 hp 1600cc motor into a 2275cc roller motor with turbos or blower,,5 speed conversion kits, suspension parts to lower it of give it 15" + of wheel travel, you name it it's avail. aftermarket...

5. Collapse Details

Damn hippies...

6. Collapse Details

Im not a long hair... Im a no hair....

7. Collapse Details

And old friend of mine has a 2.2 something Turbo beetle low 11´s a Beach Buggy a friends kid bro had did a mid 10...beat his bros 340 Cuda with NOS royally

The last and the dark red cab looked good.

My oldest daughter which I named Carol Shelby likes VW´s and I was working at a local Volkswagen and Audi Racing for a while but they did Golfs and Polos. while not Audis.
    Dunno much about Beetles.. run in a 1835cc engine that was in a stock Bug my Father in law had thats mostly all plus years ago a 1303S I took for a spin.
    I´m more into cars that has working heaters so you do not need to do the Hitler Salute while feeling for warm air coming thru the wents constantly...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

8. Collapse Details

Some Finns and their VW´s...don´t know them

http://luftsick.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

9. Collapse Details

These are the only VW´s I warm up to and this era also...
    One of the Biggest names within the mark is a good friend and idol to me.

10. Collapse Details

the old Vdubs are great. I cut my teeth building buggies in the parents back yard. Mom didn't like motorcylces so I built 4-wheelers.
    Wicked

11. Collapse Details

I did a complete body and interior restoration on this last winter for a buddie.
    1965, we are now building a duel port motor for it with alot of extra extra go power.
    did it all stock on the outside and in so it should be a real sleeper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails THE FINAL STAGES 007.jpg   THE FINAL STAGES 012.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

In Stockholm there was in the 70´s a Street Racer who went by the nickname Professorn as he had a VW with a Corvair engine ,he beat some serious heavy hitters on the Street but not the best of them who in the early 90´s (1993) at the Bradenton Power (magazine from Sweden) Finals won the "World titles" in Street Racing, thats´how serious Street Racers from overhere take our stuff. And yes I also have a background in that and a soft spot for it...

Here´s a pic of Professorn who has a tech column in a Swedish hot rod mag called Wheels

And here´s some pics and links from Stockholm Open ...an illegal Street Race that´s been going on every year since the mid 70´s...http://www.streetcarforums.com/showthread.php?t=99086
    http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...ad.php?t=46832

Yes Bugs do fare well on the Street because of the light weight, short wheelbase and engine in the back.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I did a complete body and interior restoration on this last winter for a buddie.
    1965, we are now building a duel port motor for it with alot of extra extra go power.
    did it all stock on the outside and in so it should be a real sleeper.

an 1835 of 1915 with some decent heads and CBP's fuel injection will wake it right up.