Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Mark View Post
    just a keyboard and a good imagination.....
    Can always sit in the tub and make vroom vroom noises while splashing the wa wa! My daughter loves it!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    Anyone know where WAR PARTY is? and condition?
    at Bobby's shop, check sunbathing thread...

3. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo36 View Post
    can always sit in the tub and make vroom vroom noises while splashing the wa wa! My daughter loves it!
    the only differance is here there is a larger audiance........vroom! Vroom!

4. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Not much... just trying to get a thread goin for current Apache owners (past is ok too).......

Name of boat, power and pictures....
    Thank you very much Frank for doing this. It's a great idea and will be a good thread.

I'm going to go back and clean out the irrevellant posts..and ask nicely for people to quit screwing around. It's not gonna be tolerated.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    It's a great idea and will be a good thread.
    It's a genius idea.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

6. Collapse Details

this is the place where you dont need a boat.........just a keyboard and a good imagination.....remember: No cash no splash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cya.........

7. Collapse Details

check out the white paper on each side of dash! Charts taped to the dash for navigation....real deal offshore racing..............m.m..
    offtopic.
    Thatīs how we still do it overhere... as our courses are still the real deals.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    offtopic.
    Thatīs how we still do it overhere... as our courses are still the real deals.
    I always thought it was funny to see the race course actually DRAWN out with permanent marker, on the dash of some older race boats I've seen. It still cracks me up to see the taped "lap stickies" on the dash of the newer ones, especially with all the technology out there now.

Some old tricks will always work the best I guess!

9. Collapse Details

There is still nothing cooler than the old school racing of the 80's. True warriors at sea!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Thank you very much Frank for doing this. It's a great idea and will be a good thread.

I'm going to go back and clean out the irrevellant posts..and ask nicely for people to quit screwing around. It's not gonna be tolerated.
    Good call on cleaning up. I am guilty as anyone about getting off topic but this will be an awesome thread with it cut and dry posts of the owner and the boat.

11. Collapse Details

Thanks Oldschool!

As far as off-topic posts...I have a tendency to do it myself...no harm no foul...

TTT, Apache owners check in!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Good call on cleaning up. I am guilty as anyone about getting off topic but this will be an awesome thread with it cut and dry posts of the owner and the boat.
    It doesn't look like a thread exclusively for owners is possible.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    There is still nothing cooler than the old school racing of the 80's. True warriors at sea!!!
    Any idea where Leathal Weapon is today?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails let~1143.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

I saw it at Kurt's marine in brick NJ a few years back...

15. Collapse Details

registered
    Thanks Oldschool!

As far as off-topic posts...I have a tendency to do it myself...no harm no foul...

TTT, Apache owners check in!
    No problem Frank. The goal of this website from the beginning has been to treat it like ones house, garage or bar. In the beginning, we only invited people who we would invite over for a beer to our place. As the site grows, the need for a bouncer at the bar has come about. I'm asking people to act like you would if you were hanging out in person. Don't say anything from behind the keyboard that you wouldn't say in person in these threads.

That having been said, it is winter and this is the apache section. Maybe we can have just one thread where there are no rules???

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    It doesn't look like a thread exclusively for owners is possible.
    Probably not.....but it doesn't mean that we can't try.

16. Collapse Details

Frank if you look at the photo you posted of Leathal Weapon and then look at the photo I posted in the 41' race boat registry page you will see that the exhaust was moved from above the transom to thru the transom. This is where the exhaust is today, just something I noticed looking at the pictures.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    Frank if you look at the photo you posted of Leathal Weapon and then look at the photo I posted in the 41' race boat registry page you will see that the exhaust was moved from above the transom to thru the transom. This is where the exhaust is today, just something I noticed looking at the pictures.
    Pretty cool!! That pic was an old one I lifted from somewhere else.

The reason I asked Dr Gary is because his father used to build engines for the boat and if I'm not mistaken was also one of the crew! His dad also build many engines over the years for Bounty Hunter.

18. Collapse Details

That is correct. They did try a different exhaust system at the time which is why is was relocated. I remember looking at Lethal Weapon in the wet pits and just admired it. Beautiful boat. I was also about 12 years old at the time

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    I always thought it was funny to see the race course actually DRAWN out with permanent marker, on the dash of some older race boats I've seen. It still cracks me up to see the taped "lap stickies" on the dash of the newer ones, especially with all the technology out there now.

Some old tricks will always work the best I guess!
    offtopic answered here :

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ffshore&page=3
    Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-15-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

20. Collapse Details

Jim and Tammy
    Lake Allatoona,GA
    1987 Apache Scout 21
    2001 Yamaha 250 fish boat motor
    We have probably the smallest and slowest Apache on here!
    She sure is a fun boat though. Lots of questions and compliments around the docks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0388.jpg   IMG_0389.jpg