Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Bigyellowcat,

Welcome

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    just curious as to why they dont dyno with all the accessories and wet pipes?
    I thought all the accessories were on it? some times we do dyno them with the wet pipes on but usually not the small hp stuff. we do not really care what number the dyno shows just use the dyno to tune them. or show an increase on the same dyno. all dyno's read different so the only thing you could use the numbers for are direct comparison on the same dyno.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat View Post
    I thought all the accessories were on it? some times we do dyno them with the wet pipes on but usually not the small hp stuff. we do not really care what number the dyno shows just use the dyno to tune them. or show an increase on the same dyno. all dyno's read different so the only thing you could use the numbers for are direct comparison on the same dyno.
    I couldnt see the raw water pump, still great numbers. two identically built motors will run diff numbers, if mainly for tuning then its awesome.

4. Collapse Details
    Just simple puffers!
    Talking
    Nice looking setup and nice results for a massaged 575!

I feel better now knowing our Raylar Whippled 496 made 805HP and 825ft/lbs of torque in full marine trim on a competitors stingy dyno at 8lbs boost!

Gotta love nice puffer engines, they sound cool to!

Good luck in your Cig!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raylar SCR800 in Pumpkin.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

NICE package!! Wait that didnt sound right

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    NICE package!! Wait that didnt sound right
    Perv.....

7. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Yea, like all boat engines she's a SHE, and they do sound nice at speed!

Best Regards,
    Ray@Raylar

8. Collapse Details

I usually end up tuning them on the lean side with dyno headers and they always seem to fatten up a bunch once in the boat with wet exhaust. I've seen them drop a point and half in some cases. Do you guys find the same thing? Motor sounds awesome, nice throttle response!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Raylar View Post

I feel better now knowing our Raylar Whippled 496 made 805HP and 825ft/lbs of torque in full marine trim on a competitors stingy dyno at 8lbs boost!

Good luck in your Cig!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar
    that makes me fell better knowing your raylar whippled 496 only made 805 at 8 lbs. that is less hp then any whippled engine we have made yet. cool, I guess we are doing something right.
    I will try to find the videos of some fuel injected single whipple engines we have done, two of them were stolen from us by Jim McCleand of pieoria, il. if anyone wants to go there and bring them back to me so I can dyno them and put the video on here. actually I will pay someone $10k if they put them back in my lot. here is a pic of the 10k reward...anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10k.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

then someone could take that 10k and go buy those 4 valve per cylinder heads in that other thread......

11. Collapse Details

that makes me fell better knowing your raylar whippled 496 only made 805 at 8 lbs. that is less hp then any whippled engine we have made yet. cool, I guess we are doing something right.
    I will try to find the videos of some fuel injected single whipple engines we have done, two of them were stolen from us by Jim McCleand of pieoria, il. if anyone wants to go there and bring them back to me so I can dyno them and put the video on here. actually I will pay someone $10k if they put them back in my lot. here is a pic of the 10k reward...anyone?
    I am 40 minutes from Peoria...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Raylar View Post

Good luck in your Cig!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar
    I wish we could have put whipples on this one but he wanted to stay with as many stock parts as he could. We lowered his boost to 2 lbs so he can run on lower octane fuel then merc recomends with that engine and he is going faster then stock. some day maybe he will put the other pulley on it and run 8 lbs boost, then he will be in the 100's

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    need 10k for anything?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Well what ya waiting for ????????Chrismas is cummin

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Hey guys, I was needing brad smiths phone number.Anyone have it?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
    hey guys, i was needing brad smiths phone number.anyone have it?
    417 499 7855

17. Collapse Details

Dang, that was fast. Thanks Mark

18. Collapse Details

Can we nomitate this for one of the best post of the year? nice way to close a post!

19. Collapse Details

E Dock
    You would think that there is at least one person in that state that does not have a job and has a little extra time on there hands to make a little cash that would not cause them to loose there unemployment benefits.

20. Collapse Details

Hmm, I'm going to be heading through Peoria next week, and I hate thieves.