Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

From someone who has been in the too business a long time you might want to reconsider that it is your fault.There is a lot of junk that should not be on the market.Get me the tool make and model # I will do some research.

2. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    From someone who has been in the too business a long time you might want to reconsider that it is your fault.There is a lot of junk that should not be on the market.Get me the tool make and model # I will do some research.
    It looked just like the one in the red case but came in a black case from o'reillys.

When I say it was my fault, it is because I had misgivings about the design and went ahead and used it anyway.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    It looked just like the one in the red case but came in a black case from o'reillys.

When I say it was my fault, it is because I had misgivings about the design and went ahead and used it anyway.
    But if you were using the tool properly and it failed, with serious injuries, you might have a case. I'm not crying ambulance chaser here, but your hands are phucked up. I can't imagine the recovery process your about to face.
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Get a lawyer, your 100gs min if no permanent damage more if.

5. Collapse Details

that sucks bro man, that had to scare the crap out of you and hurt. get better quick.

6. Collapse Details

Wobble, I hope you have a full and speedy recovery. Ive been there.

7. Collapse Details

Damn!

Wishing you the best on a speedy recovery.
    That's gonna make for some awesome scars though
    You know, chicks dig scars.

Seriously, sorry to hear it, and looks gruesome - not sure how you're even managing to type on here.
    Hope they get you back to full functioning.
    I've lost some function in my hands over the years due to work injuries, and it does hold you back.
    Hope the pain subsides and all gets back to OEM on your hand.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

8. Collapse Details

Ouch!!!!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Mark, I hope everything heals and you have a speedy recovery. Make sure you stay well medicated.

10. Collapse Details

Being in the auto service business for 30 yrs, I will say that compressed coil springs are by far the scariest thing I know. Potential energy that wants to reach out and hurt you badly.

Heck, I even chain the suckers to my bench mounted spring compressor before squeezing them and binding them with steel clamps.

It is definately one job I do not like doing.

Hope all heals well. keep it clean, dry and pain relieved because I suspect today and tomorrow are really gonna hurt.

11. Collapse Details

wow. that is some scary stuff. hope you get well soon.
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    As far as liability goes. I consider it to be my fault.
    Most of the people in this litigious nation would think otherwise as would a bottom feeding attorney.

I think like you, generally there is something that could have been done differently to alter the outcome of the event, most of the time it's within our abilities to take the proper precautions. Unfortunately our judicial system has run amok and this is not the case anymore.

13. Collapse Details

Ouch..... I cut 2 of my tendons in my index & middle fingers playin basketball on the rim/backboard straight to the bone, still to this day I don't excatly know what I hit. But make sure to stick with therapy on those to get full movement back.... They seem very optimistic on full recorvery time & I can tell you arthritis sets in very fast I did it when I was around 20, 25 now let's just say I can predict Pretty good when it's gonna rain or snow by those fingers aching.... Good luck on recovery bro

14. Collapse Details

Dude that picture made me hurt!!

Hope you get a full recovery.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Most of the people in this litigious nation would think otherwise as would a bottom feeding attorney.

I think like you, generally there is something that could have been done differently to alter the outcome of the event, most of the time it's within our abilities to take the proper precautions. Unfortunately our judicial system has run amok and this is not the case anymore.
    Agreed.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Not trying to start a fight here but....I recently recalled a tool, I had sold 34 of them.It was a tool to remove the spark plugs on the new Ford 3 valve triton motor.Long story short I had 3 Break off in the head causing a worse problem than the tech started with.The reason they broke was some of the early shafts were to hard (brittle) and had an alignment hole drilled to far into the shaft.I broke a few intentionally and I was shocked how easy they broke.The company that made them knows this but they say they have no way to track which ones had the early shaft.So they are taking no action.I agree that we as a country are sue happy but you also have to be held accountable for your actions.When you knowingly sell a product that is defective you should be responsible for any injury's.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    I agree that we as a country are sue happy but you also have to be held accountable for your actions.When you knowingly sell a product that is defective you should be responsible for any injury's.
    Agree...My comments weren't meant to absolve product makers, but it seems that things have become skewed.

18. Collapse Details

I had a Snap-On spring compressor break on me one time also. It is best to use a jack and the weight of the truck to get those springs in and out. They can be a pain. Jeff Wurl

19. Collapse Details

Fast recovery bro!
    That sucks!
    Glad you seem to be in good spirits about it!

20. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    WOW!! Hope you have a complete recovery.
    Springs scare the chit out of me. A friend was helping me compress one on my Chevelle when it sprung out of the clamps. Ricocheted off the shop floor between our heads leaving a nasty gouge in the concrete. We were very lucky.