Thread: looking at V 43

1. Collapse Details
    looking at V 43
    just got back from key west, we saw a few v43's we are coming out of a 95 top gun and selling our carver 396
    just want one boat for weekends and poker runs for nj and fl
    I want to cruise at least 60mph
    ran into the owner of nor tech at ricks in key west left him my card , we wanted to go out on one, never heard back
    lets here the good, the bad and the ugley
    we saw a few different engine pkgs, triple 525s, 2 700's and one boat diesel and arnesons

2. Collapse Details

talk to wrinkleface...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

And Jassman
    Run until it sounds expensive

4. Collapse Details

bobthebuilder has a baller 50v!

5. Collapse Details

Mark Fischer has one for sale and has owned a few 561-436-8506

6. Collapse Details

It's bad a$$ - flat out.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 95south View Post
    just got back from key west, we saw a few v43's we are coming out of a 95 top gun and selling our carver 396
    just want one boat for weekends and poker runs for nj and fl
    I want to cruise at least 60mph
    ran into the owner of nor tech at ricks in key west left him my card , we wanted to go out on one, never heard back
    lets here the good, the bad and the ugley
    we saw a few different engine pkgs, triple 525s, 2 700's and one boat diesel and arnesons
    I'm in almost the same boat as you .
    I have a 95 TG with 500hps and had 41 Carver Cpmy.
    I been on Bob's 50 Nor Tech with triple 850s and like the build quality of a Nor Tech . My choice would be the diesel powered 43 . Jassman can confirm this that cruising at 60 should be no problem and the fuel burn would be very good . But I wondered why Jeff sold the diesel boat and went back to a twin Merc 700 .

Paul

8. Collapse Details

Shockwave, thanks for the info, our gun cruised around 50 ish, this past weekend we were in a friends 95 top gun with 525s, we had to run like h#ll to keep up during the poker run.
    our 396 has turned into our floating beach house. now the kids are grown and its time to sell the carver so we can go and play. Looking for the best of both worlds
    bring on all the info, new, used, how long has the model been around, any changes over the life of the model?
    a 50 v would not be bad, how ever, we own our slip in Nj and i think it might be to long, a 43 should do the job

9. Collapse Details

95 South,

Mark Fisher's 43V with triple 625 NT motors was on display in the KW village. He has owned 2 43's and just got a 50 V (that was in the water, orange boat called Eilleen's 50). This is his 43 that is for sale: http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o21981-en.html

The boat rides like a Cadillac and can tag 100 mph with shorties. I have gone to the Abacos (Bahamas, 180 miles from FL) on this boat and it rides great in any water. He is only selling it because he bought his 50 and doesn't need 2 boats! Call him.....

10. Collapse Details

I saw that boat as well in key west, looks like it has been for sale for a long time
    we did see his 50v in the water, beautiful boat, and heard that boat is for sale also. I will give him a call

11. Collapse Details

Its all you John,Would look for 700s not triples.Do you need three engines with header problems.You got my check right?

12. Collapse Details

Tim,, you are right, 2 engines are enough to manage, yes I got your check, thanks for the order, glad you like the sweatshirts. now we are starting the hunt to replace the topgun and sell the carver. tired of dealing with the 3 boats. we just want to stick with one boat for weekends and trips and leave the yamaha just for wakeboarding in the bay

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    I'm in almost the same boat as you .
    I have a 95 TG with 500hps and had 41 Carver Cpmy.
    I been on Bob's 50 Nor Tech with triple 850s and like the build quality of a Nor Tech . My choice would be the diesel powered 43 . Jassman can confirm this that cruising at 60 should be no problem and the fuel burn would be very good . But I wondered why Jeff sold the diesel boat and went back to a twin Merc 700 .

Paul
    I have had 3 43 NT's. 04 with 700 naturally asp. motors and #5 drives, an 07 with Yanmar 480's and ASD-8's.. and my last one was a 08 with 700's and #6's. The twin 700 set up is awesome. At 3600-3750 you be cruising at 57-62mph with a 1.47mpg on smartcraft. That is about as good as it gets on a 15k boat, loaded with options and fuel. This was achieved on her maiden voyage from Ft.Laud to KW in Nov. 07. The 07 I had was also a great set-up. The Yanmars/Arneson set up was flawless. If I remember correctly, Terry said at 60mph we were at 2.4mpg.. The only problem I had was top end speed. 74+mph didn't do it for me. It is extremely boring in a 16500k boat going through the waves at 65-70mph which was top cruise. Acceleration in the top end was not that great either. The last 4mph was long. There are pro's and con's with every application, and I wouldn't hesitate to do another diesel project...just need speeds in low 80's which would meen approx 600hp/1000+ tq... in a light weight package like I had. That will be coming soon either from Cummins or Yanmar. Bottom line, NorTech builds a great boat, diesel or gas. The 43 will never be the fastest hull, but will crush waves in comfort, great for over nighting, or just walking down in over 6'2" of headroom. Fridgerators, micro's and Tv's stay in place in 8's. and the overall build and customer service after the sale is better than any other company. The boat actually is 44.6" long with the fiberglass platform. When rafted up next to a 47 Fountain, the deck is much higher and when on the pier looking at both boats, you can see the difference in width on how much more massive the NT is vs the Fountain. It's a big boat that does everything well in my eyes.

call me if U have Q's. 228-216-0900

14. Collapse Details

John you going to put a lift in at Shelter Harbor?

15. Collapse Details

actually Tammy and I were thinking of asking you if you want to lease our slip in 2011 or 2012 and put your lift in. I know your kids enjoy the area. By 2012 our youngest will be out of college ( hopefully )
    I think once we sell the carver, we might just travel with the next boat towed behind the dually., maybe store it in the middle of the bay and go north or south from there
    We did like the south florida boating last week. just dont like the price of fuel 4.55/gal

16. Collapse Details

Double R Performance and Wherever We Need To Be

Being a Nor-tech dealer, I have been in lots of 43's with different power. Know of boats available that are online and that are not advertised. My cell is 705 321 4621.
    Peter Roberts
    Double R Performance