Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FPC KW Poker Run
    Did anyone actually participate in the poker run?

I'm curious as to how the ride down was on Thursday???

How many boats, who won, etc?
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Lots of boats. We watched them roll in one or two at a time for hours. The wind was blowing a steady 30 knots all day (as well as the couple days prior) with gusts to 40kts...it was ROUGH. Reports were coming in that it was mostly 6's-8's the whole way.

3. Collapse Details

Reportedly 180 boats, I did not see that many IMO.. Every one of the ones arriving Thursday COVERED in salt, I would have like to have the boatwash franchise that day

4. Collapse Details

I heard every day but Friday was rough, and a couple days had rain delays.

We ran with about 20 boats on Friday, and ran through 6-12s all day. 6-12 INCHES that is; you could have skied all the way down! We paced the second "leg" from Gilbert's all the way to YCOA; including Stu and Crew on the Factory AT entry. We went outside at 5-Mile Creek all the way to YCOA/KW. We must have had 30+ minutes of helicopter time. It was a GREAT run!

The First prize was won with a Club Flush; and they took home the 2009 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible with a few thousand miles on it from Off-Lease Only.

Second Place was a full house, as was Third Place; which both netted cash and prizes.
    Team Stealin' Thunder (crb76, ActiveShack, & slboatdrinks) pulled 3 Aces, which landed in 4th place; but alas no prize for 4th!

There was only one incident that I am aware of on Friday. A 43 Sunsation tried to run outside of the markers through the Featherbeds. They missed the shallows by what could be measured with a ruler. I don't know how they did not hit bottom. We were waving like crazy for them to get back into the channel, and slowed down to allow them to cut in front of us. Kevin in the TS/TG behind us slowed down drastically as well, and Pat Sullivan was forced to turn his 38 Diesel/Arneson 38PP completely sideways in the narrow channel to avoid Kevin. It was a sight to see, but (almost) everyone did some great driving.
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-19-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

5. Collapse Details

Went Tuesday in the 36 Deep Impact, that is when we all got covered with salt, waves directly on the side last 32 miles and washing machine. But part of the fun is washing the boat and drinking a beer or two at the marina after.

Also went on Thursday in the 50 Nor-Tech. Water offshore from holiday isle was perfect for fun. Would have broke the Cigarette for sure. Real one to threes except for a little bigger at the cuts. Kurt's 38 Gun with sixes right next to us at 70-80 all the way, hould have some awesome flight photos. FPC recommended inside route after getting a bad sea report so they got soaked. the reverse of Tuesday. Sometimes it pays to stick your nose out.

He did have a big number of boats though.

6. Collapse Details

My budy went in his 38 top gun on thursday. He said it was rough.

Also on Saturday they went to the Boca Grand Raft up instead of last years YCOA.

I'm goin to be there next year and no way in hell I'm going to a deserted island on my vacation. I prefer something like YCOA, pool...music...women...bartender...

What do you guys like?

7. Collapse Details

registered
    Boca Grande was a good time. A lot of boats rafted up there; perfect weather, nice scenery and a nice ride. The change of scenery was welcome.

8. Collapse Details

No F'ing way. Boca.

I've got bars, restaurants and marinas all over not a half hour from my home. YCOA is nice, but nothing even remotely special. Stu has paid models. Boca has hot, naked boat chicks laying in the sand. Bring a cooler. Pee in the bushes. Do something different.

And it's a pretty exclusive club. Boaters-only.

It's not like you have to bring a tent and sleeping bag. Nice ride out. Couple hours relaxing, talking with friends, etc. Nothing better.

9. Collapse Details

See my post in Bad boys as to why you go to Boca. Who knew

10. Collapse Details

we did the thurday run, ( 38 top gun ) i think there was about 30 or 40 boats. weather was good, a little wind and chop on the way down, after the second fuel stop we went out into the ocean for the last 40 miles.
    we headed back sunday, awesome calm ride the entire way

11. Collapse Details

Some of my pics from the Thursday run are here:

http://insptech.zenfolio.com/p142429340

12. Collapse Details

We had 160 teams. 80 on Thursday, three groups.

Working on the video!

13. Collapse Details

Coudn't do the run this year, but I was amazed all the wrenching going on at the docks Saturday. Every second boat had some issues. Same with the race boats in the pits.
    Had to be something in the water.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

14. Collapse Details

Boca hands down.

I thought I saw you at Boca in 2008? Guess not based on what you are saying but I was a little hammered so my eyes could have deceived me...

15. Collapse Details

Well, sounds like I'll have to give Boca a try next year.

16. Collapse Details

Went down to KW on Thursday, blew a drive about 20 miles from Key West.... Limped into Cudjoe Key on one moter and called a cab to Hotel in KW....Took shower and went to Serious Party.... went back to get boat later in the weekend...

Just one of our stories from the week......

17. Collapse Details

we went down thur also a fun ride
    Precision Marine Performance Engines

18. Collapse Details

Thursdays run was a mix. Up till the Holiday Isle lunch stop the weather was overcast but the run was great. After lunch the inside run was very uncomfortable but not rough. Just a real stiff wind and alot of spray. After the sunshine key fuel stop we went outside and had a great run. Ran with Stu's boat with Tron at the wheel and the Nor-Tech 50' v tubine at 80 the whole way to keywest. Was a great run. The middle leg was so uncomfortable it was all everyone talked about. Wife said she's flyin next year. Boca Grande was a hit with great weather good friends and lots of skin, a great time was had. FPC had the BBQ at YCOA with the girls on Fri so we were able to do both events.
    Jackie, Stu great event! Stellar job!
    Last edited by jmbtile; 11-20-2009 at 01:59 AM.

19. Collapse Details

Quote:
    The First prize was won with a Club Flush; and they took home the 2009 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible with a few thousand miles on it from Off-Lease Only.

Must have been a straight flush because a full house beats a flush.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkrusher View Post
    Quote:

Must have been a straight flush because a full house beats a flush.
    You are absolutely right. I did not see the cards again after we knew that Team Stealin' Thunder was bumped out of the prizes. I just remember Stu talking about a Club Flush; and it could have been a Straight Flush.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com