Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Serious LOTO Boaters
    Speak out LOTO boaters! What MM are you at or are you just a frequent flyer down there like myself (10 or so times a year for various lengths of stay).

You can find me at the 4MM or 14MM either in my 26' Chaparral or in a 350 SS Formula with one of those newfangled joysticky things in it.

2. Collapse Details

Have friends that have places up and down the lake or I like to camp on the boat a couple times a year. Trailer from Rolla put in at PB2, run from the Dam to as far as the Salty Seamen on the 62mm most of the time Big Dicks 47mm. Always seem like something to do and some where to go and never enough day light.

3. Collapse Details

17.5 MM Osage Beach. We are there every weekend in the summer!!

4. Collapse Details

We go down a few times a month and a bit more during the summer. It is exactly two hours door to door for us so sometimes I even just go for the day.

I hate to harsh anyones mellow, but It isn't necessarily a good idea to tell people where you keep your boat at on forums like this. There are a lot of sticky fingers out there and if they know what is under that Mooring cover they might be more apt to rip you off.

I used to have my MM and area listed but after a friend of mine got ripped off and he said whomever the culprit was knew what they were doing thanks to a post he had placed with pics the week before on another forum I removed all that info about myself.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    We go down a few times a month and a bit more during the summer. It is exactly two hours door to door for us so sometimes I even just go for the day.

I hate to harsh anyones mellow, but It isn't necessarily a good idea to tell people where you keep your boat at on forums like this. There are a lot of sticky fingers out there and if they know what is under that Mooring cover they might be more apt to rip you off.

I used to have my MM and area listed but after a friend of mine got ripped off and he said whomever the culprit was knew what they were doing thanks to a post he had placed with pics the week before on another forum I removed all that info about myself.
    Never thought about that. How about just state the area you usually boat in at LOTO?

2 hours away would be so nice. It is a 4:45 drive by car and a bit longer towing the boat for us. Heading down there seems not so bad...driving back home always sucks!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Never thought about that. How about just state the area you usually boat in at LOTO?

2 hours away would be so nice. It is a 4:45 drive by car and a bit longer towing the boat for us. Heading down there seems not so bad...driving back home always sucks!
    I just meant that some people are extremely specific (giving slip #'s etc) which would make it very easy for the scum bags that think it is cool to rip people off.

We are in Osage Beach. We usually boat in the areas between the hurricane deck bridge and the gravois arm.

7. Collapse Details

Never heard of LOTO what's it all about??

Just kidding,, 13MM Porto Cima .......South Side Style
    Forget Lightspeed go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!

8. Collapse Details

Bunch of hillbillys in dem parts. The weekend warriors aren't so bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Never heard of LOTO what's it all about

Just kidding,, 13MM Porto Cima .......South Side Style

9. Collapse Details

I just meant that some people are extremely specific (giving slip #'s etc) which would make it very easy for the scum bags that think it is cool to rip people off.

We are in Osage Beach. We usually boat in the areas between the hurricane deck bridge and the gravois arm.
    Wow, I wouldn't expect people to be that specific. Speaking of scum bags, my buddy's house in Country Club Cove got broke into last weekend. Whomever it was had a construction code for the garage door opener. Those codes are now cleared out.
    Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 11-14-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't expect people to be that specific. Speaking of scum bags, my buddies house in Country Club Cove got broke into last weekend. Whomever it was had a construction code for the garage door opener. Those codes are now cleared out.
    If they are still using the same code style I could have got into his house. About a 100 Mexicans and Russians as well.

11. Collapse Details

Bunch of hillbillys in dem parts. The weekend warriors aren't so bad though.
    We is a good bunch over heren though.

12. Collapse Details

If they are still using the same code style I could have got into his house. About a 100 Mexicans and Russians as well.
    He thought they had been cleared out. He thought wrong!! At least the alarm scared the dude off and nothing was taken or disturbed.

13. Collapse Details

We is a good bunch over heren though.
    Sho is

14. Collapse Details

Another St. Louis'n here - usually trailer the boat down and stay wherever. The past couple of year though (during the summer), I've left the boat in storage at the lake, and just drove the truck down to put it in the water.

I'm either at the lake, or up here on the river - when conditions are good.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by h2oboy View Post
    Another St. Louis'n here - usually trailer the boat down and stay wherever. The past couple of year though (during the summer), I've left the boat in storage at the lake, and just drove the truck down to put it in the water.

I'm either at the lake, or up here on the river - when conditions are good.
    Love that Avatar Andy!!!

16. Collapse Details

We're down at the Lake 4-6 times a season. Its about a 6hr drive towing the boat so we usually try and stay at least 4 nights. Usually do a couple trips with the kids. We've got a few different places that we stay between 12mm and 21mm. I'll probably buy a condo in the future, but right now I just don't think I would be able to use it enough.

17. Collapse Details

Gravois Arm. Get there every time I can.
    I2D

18. Collapse Details

Down on the Gravois as well. Usually stick between the house and Frankie and Louie's but we venture farther every once in a while.

What's your favorite spots to grab a drink?

19. Collapse Details

Dog Days, Shorty Pants, BWJ's, Franky & Louie's, Shady Gators

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I am originally from Dubuque, Ia. but moved to California 20 yrs. ago without ever visiting LOTO until 4 yrs. ago. I had the best vacation of my life and have been back every year since. I pulled my boat 2000 miles one way from Sacramento Ca. last year to the lake and again had a great time. The trip home was pretty long but I am planning a trip for 2009, again with my boat. You guys are very fortunate to live as close as you do to some of the best boating in the country. The area and people are as good as it gets. Doug