Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Damn, and I ***** about driving a coupl of hours.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Yes, it is a very long drive. There is no direct way to drive to the lake and I make the drive alone and have Teresa and anyone else fly in to St. Louis and pick up a rental car and meet me there. Is that the closest large airport? I am jealous of you guys. We have the Sacramento Delta which has a lot of water but is not as developed. Enjoy the lake. Doug

3. Collapse Details

LOTO 3MM. Only 1hr 50 minutes door to door to our condo. We bring dinner with us on Fridays during the summer months and we're on the water by 6-6:30. We usually stay all day Sunday & leave around 7-8 after dinner....that way the kids fall asleep on the drive home & we just carry them into bed. We're usually in the lower 10 MM between the dam & Frankie & Louie's. We have a 5 & 7 year old; so visit the kid friendly places....F & L's, Coconuts, Jolly Rogers......and friend's docks.

4. Collapse Details

I moved to KC from SoCal 2 years ago. Bought a place at LOTO within the first 6 months in KC. Unexpected twist brought me down to Austin.....so-long KC. Kept the LOTO house, but sux not to go there every summer weekend. Was 2 hours door to door...now 12. Oh well. Family fell in love with LOTO. Will retire there someday.

I2D.

5. Collapse Details

we have a lake house down at the lake and were down there almost every weekend in the summer and I get down at least a couple times a month to check things out in the winter, when I can't I just log onto my camera's and check everything out...we have projects going on all over so I like to come down during the week when possible...it's a little over 365 miles one way and 5:15 hours door to door, even less with the wifey driving....LOL...depending on the weekend we can be over by PC or up to Big Dicks for some fun...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    He thought they had been cleared out. He thought wrong!! At least the alarm scared the dude off and nothing was taken or disturbed.
    Well, you are the 2nd to the last one that set that alarm off.

I've never let it go off - but here tell that loud siren in the attic will pretty much wake the whole neighborhood up. Evidently it worked!

With the new cameras next time I will have video!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    I am originally from Dubuque, Ia. but moved to California 20 yrs. ago without ever visiting LOTO until 4 yrs. ago. I had the best vacation of my life and have been back every year since. I pulled my boat 2000 miles one way from Sacramento Ca. last year to the lake and again had a great time. The trip home was pretty long but I am planning a trip for 2009, again with my boat. You guys are very fortunate to live as close as you do to some of the best boating in the country. The area and people are as good as it gets. Doug
    Made that round trip a few years back when I bought a 28 Apache from the Discovery Bay area. Had a great time boating on a bunch of lakes and San Fransisco Bay on the way home but man thats a long haul Btw, I really enjoyed Discover Bay and I would bet at some point it will get just as developed as loto which isnt nessesarily a good thing...

10 MM. Condo at the mouth of F & L cove. 2 hours door to door. Down almost every weekend from April to October.

8. Collapse Details

We're down most every weekend year round...love it.

Southside rocks!

Still haven't winterized the cruiser (bilge and interior heaters), will go for a cruise next week sometime!
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

9. Collapse Details

we stay where ever we rent a condo. would like to get our own place there some day.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalpause View Post
    Well, you are the 2nd to the last one that set that alarm off.

I've never let it go off - but here tell that loud siren in the attic will pretty much wake the whole neighborhood up. Evidently it worked!

With the new cameras next time I will have video!
    I blame it on my 44 year old eyesight! And yes, it is damn loud!!!

Dont be looking at those cameras when I am down there. You might go blind!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    I blame it on my 44 year old eyesight! And yes, it is damn loud!!!

Dont be looking at those cameras when I am down there. You might go blind!
    Next time you will be cuffed and off to jail.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Yes, it is a very long drive. There is no direct way to drive to the lake and I make the drive alone and have Teresa and anyone else fly in to St. Louis and pick up a rental car and meet me there. Is that the closest large airport? I am jealous of you guys. We have the Sacramento Delta which has a lot of water but is not as developed. Enjoy the lake. Doug
    STL is the closest large airport, but Columbia Regional Airport in Columbia, MO (60 miles north of LOTO)recently started NWA flights to their second hub in Memphis, TN. If your family flew NWA to Columbia, it would greatly reduce your drive time to go get them. (On re-read, I see they rent the car and drive to you, not you going to get them. Columbia would still knock a couple of hours off their drive.)

By the way, thanks for your nice comments about the lake and us people there. Some of us do kind of take it for granted living so close, using it for our weekend homes only and never even think about vacationing there, while people like you drive halfway across the country to get there, year after year.

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Every time that I am fortunate enough to free up vacation time, Loto is my first choice. I will hopefully retire there someday. Loto has great boating and great golf courses, reasonable real estate prices and friendly people. Tough commute from northern California or I would own a home there. Can't wait for this summer. Doug

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Never heard of LOTO what's it all about??

Just kidding,, 13MM Porto Cima .......South Side Style
    Yeah right..he lives in a van down by the water.. ~Rasta

15. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    hi LOTO , group , i come there once a year to race my boat , we stay at a condo by the Gators,< which is fitting i,m from gainsville fl gator> place , and we are comming back the second weekend of sept, and was wondering if anyone of you might know or own a business that would be willing to advertise ,,put their company name on my boat for that race? i own a 30 ft phantom and race in the svl class. we have a second and a first and third place finish this year and would make someone proud, the team gets 12 team passes to all the functions i only use 4, so we could give 8 people the VIP treatment. thanks for your time svl #10 red/white/blue please pm if anyone interested or 352 266 2955 george jr. thank you

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BobOnThis View Post
    Yeah right..he lives in a van down by the water.. ~Rasta
    Just put a outside bath tub behind the van.
    Forget Lightspeed go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!