Thread: Scaredy Cat

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Scaredy Cat
    Anyone know this boat?

Whats the deal?

Got a buddy who is looking at the boat and interested.

Also whats the deal with the Skater fuel tanks?

2. Collapse Details

do a search for it here, there was a thread on it being at NL and about the paint while you were in KW. hope you had a good time!

3. Collapse Details

cant find it.

I have a friend who is interested in the boat and he isnt big on computers so I am posting on his behalf.

4. Collapse Details

National liquidators in ft lauderdale has it 90k min bid no motors ,drives ect or trailer

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by plumbers crack View Post
    National liquidators in ft lauderdale has it 90k min bid no motors ,drives ect or trailer

What kind of shape is it in?

I read somewhere that it had some issues with a hop due to it being built for surface drives and running 6's which required some 'flaps' to make the boat run right. thats what I am trying to figure out.

6. Collapse Details

I saw the boat a couple months ago and the paint is all cracked up . Looks pretty rough up close. Jeff Wurl

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    What kind of shape is it in?

I read somewhere that it had some issues with a hop due to it being built for surface drives and running 6's which required some 'flaps' to make the boat run right. thats what I am trying to figure out.
    So instead of trying to figure things out why not call 269-857-4308 and talk with Peter and get the facts that you need to know . I have to say that he will be more then happy to answer any questions you have .

8. Collapse Details

Thats an idea, it does have plates at the rear.Now I know why,

I think

9. Collapse Details

Saw scaredy cat yesterday. That is not paint blistering, that is the gel. Rougher shape than i expected. Lots of scrapes and dings. good project boat for someone who has the resources. Will cost some good money to get in good running shape. Not for me
    Gary

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Saw scaredy cat yesterday. That is not paint blistering, that is the gel. Rougher shape than i expected. Lots of scrapes and dings. good project boat for someone who has the resources. Will cost some good money to get in good running shape. Not for me
    Gary
    I thought skaters were painted, not gelcoat???

11. Collapse Details

Whatever they are made of, you can put your fingernail into the cracks

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    They do have gel coat. But then since most custom paint is clear coat the final layer is clear coat. And most skaters are custom painted.

13. Collapse Details

i have a myco trailer for sale if somebody gets the boat thanks aj
    Precision Marine Performance Engines

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PBAM22 View Post
    i have a myco trailer for sale if somebody gets the boat thanks aj
    Is that boat the same model as yours ?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Every boat ( hull ) is first sprayed in the mold with jellcoat and a very thin one at that, and then Poly bond is sprayed on top of the jell inside the mold so the epoxy will bond to the jell. When i was employed at Skater it was not on common to see Pete spray jell in the molds and in fact he was the only one .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-01-2009 at 11:23 AM.

16. Collapse Details

Doc i have to say that what you thought you saw was not jell and just curious could it have been a filler , primer , or ...................... Doc seeing that most decks are all custom and have no jell on them at all that means the only cracks you could have seen would have been in the glass , filler , chesse cloth , primer or paint . Doc in my opinion that boat must have had the HELL beat out of her like General Lee said .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-01-2009 at 04:29 PM.

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Dang

They must have beat the HELL out of it. I've had mine in ALL kinds of water conditions for long periods of running time, and don't have a single stress crack anywhere. I even had them reclear the boat with 7 coats last Winter, and they commented on how the boat was already in such great shape as far as wear & tear.

There are other, better ones out there. Just take your time until the right one pops up!

18. Collapse Details

He has looked at all of them.Stress cracks? wonder why? look at the bahama photo's that might shed some light .That boat was beat down, but for 75k you still kicking the tires?

I would not shy away from that boat everyting can be redone.put 125 into it and you got a deal.Call kenny buy the parts.

19. Collapse Details

He has looked at all of them.Stress cracks? wonder why? look at the bahama photo's that might shed some light .That boat was beat down, but for 75k you still kicking the tires?

I would not shy away from that boat everyting can be redone.put 125 into it and you got a deal.Call kenny buy the parts.
    just curious are there any pics of the boat that show how bad the cracks are that you or Doc can show .........................

20. Collapse Details

I will tell you this............my deck was f*cked, actually, everything was. My boat spent almost 8 months at Skater, but it came back brand new. Complete new deck (not fixed, I mean NEW), 50% of the bottom new, new style water pickups, tanks, interior, hatches, trailer...new...new...new. I could not be happier. Exactly how I wanted it!

You do all that on this boat and you will STILL be in it good.