Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Moving to Lake Lanier - what Marina?
    Any suggestions for dry rack storage?

Just called a few and was surprised on what I am being told pricing is and that some actually start your boat to get it off the lift!!! (Not an option for me.)

Short list seems limited to just two: Port Royal and Aquamarina.

Thanks for any help.

2. Collapse Details

Aqualand- 770 967-6811
    Habersham- 770 887-5432 South end of lake off the dam
    Lazy Days - 770 945-1991

No experience with any of them. Pulled the #s of out the phone book.
    Port Royal looks like a nice set up but it is further north on the west side of the lake. new Tiki Bar that looks kind of cool from the lake.

Just a few ideas that might be worth a phone call.
    Good Luck,
    Greg

3. Collapse Details

What size`boat?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    What size`boat?
    Its a Baja 245.

Quotes:

Aqua Marina - Lazy Days = $3376 with trailer.
    Port Royal Marina - $3176 with trailer.
    Habersham - $2440 with out trailer (can not store). They start your boat up and pull it to a trasite slip. Not going to work for me.

Where I am currently on LKN = $2585 with trailer.

Current marina isn't as nice as Port Royal with the tiki bar and ship store and so forth. Not near as big either. I am leaning towards these guys. Had a friend of a friend take me out on there boat during our last house hunting trip and they seemed to have all good things to say about Port Royal. Wasn't expecting the big price jump....

5. Collapse Details

Holiday Road Boat storage. Dry storage under cover 1 mile from ramp. Key pad gate,fence with alarm and multiple cameras, wash area, fully paved covered storage + open 24/7 . Great storage facility.
    I will never use Dry stack here again !! They have 16yr olds drag your boat around and Bang it up. I have been @3 dry stacks over the years NEVER AGAIN !!
    I store my 28 Skater @ Holiday road boat storage under a 40` roof for $150 month, no contracts. Call Phill or Vinco @ 770-831-3309. Tell them Steve Freeman sent you

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by offshoresteve View Post
    Holiday Road Boat storage. Dry storage under cover 1 mile from ramp. Key pad gate,fence with alarm and multiple cameras, wash area, fully paved covered storage + open 24/7 . Great storage facility.
    I will never use Dry stack here again !! They have 16yr olds drag your boat around and Bang it up. I have been @3 dry stacks over the years NEVER AGAIN !!
    I store my 28 Skater @ Holiday road boat storage under a 40` roof for $150 month, no contracts. Call Phill or Vinco @ 770-831-3309. Tell them Steve Freeman sent you
    Phil is a class act!

7. Collapse Details

Never liked Habershame because of the way the place was built.Being that the marina was built up a hill and the fork lift had to go down hill and watched them lose a boat and it slid down the ramp into the water. I think I would go with Holiday road boat storage or maybe check in Cumming around Pilgram mill road. So go from there

8. Collapse Details

Well I am some what forced into dry rack as I sold my Lightning (tow truck...)

I am having a hard time getting my head around how they pull your boat off the fork truck and "tow" it around to a dock. This seems to be the case with both Port Royal and Aqua/Lazy Days.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by offshoresteve View Post
    What three?

That sucks about banging your boat up. My current marina scrapped mine against the boat beside me in the rack and they came to bat and fixed it.

Thanks for the contact at Holiday.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Five Cent Worth View Post
    What three?

That sucks about banging your boat up. My current marina scrapped mine against the boat beside me in the rack and they came to bat and fixed it.

Thanks for the contact at Holiday.
    Lazy days ,Habersham, what is now called Port Royal.They set your boat into the water with the fork lift ,then teenagers drag it around with "bumper boats" and tie it up. If you dont mind scratches and scrapes it is ok.Hell they even f-cked up my trailer by dragging it with the wheels cabled so they could cut the grass.
    I would buy a tow only truck(beater) and leave it parked with your boat @ Holiday Road boat storage.

11. Collapse Details

Isn't there a new Park Marine on Lanier now with storage?

12. Collapse Details

Is there an option out there on Lanier that you can rent and in water slip with a lift?

I know what Steve is saying with regards to them "towing" your boat to the transite spot.

13. Collapse Details

Did you already purchase a home? That would help location wise.

Gosh, I miss Lanier every day.
    Treat every situation like a dog, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
    Did you already purchase a home? That would help location wise.

Gosh, I miss Lanier every day.
    Nope. Job re-lo's in March. Will be looking to buy around then. First trip down to really look is in mid-December.

Living in S. FL and you miss Lanier?

15. Collapse Details

Yep, I miss it for 8 months a year. You can keep Dec-March. I used to live on Young Deere Cove.

I have been shopping for a lot this year. I hope to be able to split my time within a few years.

Summers on Lanier and Winters in S. Fla.
    Treat every situation like a dog, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Vans Tavern Boat storage. You will have to get on the list now for a covered 32' space. I pay around $60 a month and they will tow you to the ramp for $30 and pick you up at the end of the day when you call them. 770-889-9059 tell Jack or Larry that Beau told you to call. I had an uncovered space for a while and then got a covered one. They are great people to deal with.

As far as homes let me know my wife specializes in foreclosures and has a bunch of properties always available. She can set you up on a client gateway now and you can be looking at properties to match your criteria.

Beau Renfroe

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rbr2328 View Post
    Vans Tavern Boat storage. You will have to get on the list now for a covered 32' space. I pay around $60 a month and they will tow you to the ramp for $30 and pick you up at the end of the day when you call them. 770-889-9059 tell Jack or Larry that Beau told you to call. I had an uncovered space for a while and then got a covered one. They are great people to deal with.

As far as homes let me know my wife specializes in foreclosures and has a bunch of properties always available. She can set you up on a client gateway now and you can be looking at properties to match your criteria.

Beau Renfroe
    Beau - Thanks for the feedback. It's on my list to call Vans. Do they tow you to the water and then tow you back - or do they have wet storage with a lift?

I have been refered to your wife. I will give her a ring if the current realtor doesn't pan out (this is my third in two months) so it may be sooner than you think!

Thanks for the feedback!

18. Collapse Details

Tow you to/from, and you won't find a nicer run place. Location wise it's a nice starting point on the lake as well. You can head off in about 5 directions.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rbr2328 View Post

Beau Renfroe
    Beau - Talked to Jack. Seems pretty ligit for $650/yr plus $30/pull. Doing some quick math, you could have seven pulls a month for seven months and still save a grand left over compared to the rack store option.

He says the service is sun up to sun down. Ever get crowded where you have to wait a good bit of time or you couldn't get a hold of them? Is the ramp he uses a public ramp where it can take some time to put in and pull out? Also, will they let ANY mechanics come work on your boat here? The maina I am at now is nazi about it...and they of coarse inflate there charges but do decent work.

It is going to be tough to convince my wife to go this route....

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Jack is great! Never much of a wait. The longest I ever waited to be pulled out was 15 min. it is always a good time to get the boat in order and ready to be unloaded. Any mechanic can come in as long as you call ahead. The ramp is usually not bad putting in depending on time of day no more than 10 min. Best storage set up I could ever ask for. My wife thinks it is the only way to go because she does not have to do anything such as parking truck and trailer or backing in. Let me know if your agent does not work out there are alot of deals around the area right now.

Beau Renfroe