Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Which boat was that ???????????
    It said right there...

and nothing new that those speeds are attained if one follows stuff...
    Eddie Hill retired from Unlimited Hydros to Top Fuel Dragsters should tell something...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Which boat was that ???????????
    ‘Problem Child’ is the world’s fastest prop driven boat after tearing up the waters off San Diego with an elapsed time of 4.56 seconds at a speed of 265.52 miles-per-hour – the fastest speed in drag boat racing history.
    Run until it sounds expensive

3. Collapse Details

Sorry Daredevil BBB Caught it for me. Bad Azz Drag Boat BTW Catch the Starts from the Barge. Impressive!!
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Ekranoplan wins!!!!!! worlds fatest boat.....Got to love what the russians had balls to build. Now back to the discussion.

pat W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caspian_sea_monster-4.jpg   Ekranoplansmall.jpg   Caspian_sea_monster.jpg  

Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

5. Collapse Details

registered
    It's not prop-driven, though.

6. Collapse Details

Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    Ekranoplan wins!!!!!! worlds fatest boat.....Got to love what the russians had balls to build. Now back to the discussion.

pat W

500 Knots!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post

pat W
    F'n cool!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSYmSnpQ360&feature=fvst
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

9. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Those drag boats are bad-ass.

10. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Probably not much, however.
    I've had enough of your bullsh!t Rich. You turned a simple non-hostile statement I made into a problem. WTF is the chip on your shoulder for?

I am not in any way a die hard Reggie fan. Actually, I going the other way very quickly. I expressed a thought that we could discuss and you decided to take it personally.

(sorry to the mods but I've had enough)

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    I've had enough of your bullsh!t Rich. You turned a simple non-hostile statement I made into a problem. WTF is the chip on your shoulder for?

I am not in any way a die hard Reggie fan. Actually, I going the other way very quickly. I expressed a thought that we could discuss and you decided to take it personally.

(sorry to the mods but I've had enough)
    There is no chip on my shoulder...........

The point of this thread is record attempts....not what Reggie and Ben "saw".

I got my hand slapped by the mods for the tone of my answer........ which I responded to with a little humor, and subsequently tried to get the discussion back on point

Then I got my head size questioned.

At that point I had enough of your B.S. as well.

Now we can agree that there has been enough B.S. to fertilize a farm and put this in the past.......... or not.

In other words I'll leave it up to you.

Now back to our regular programming.

Those drag boats are amazing and deserve more respect and attention than they have been getting (although I do think that something should be done about the start rope.......... maybe a hook from behind that releases a millisecond before the start???)

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Now we can agree that there has been enough B.S. to fertilize a farm and put this in the past.........
    Amen to that. Please guys.

13. Collapse Details

Those drag boats are amazing and deserve more respect and attention than they have been getting (although I do think that something should be done about the start rope.......... maybe a hook from behind that releases a millisecond before the start???)

T2x[/QUOTE]

I agree on the rope this is 2009 a Pneumatic hook or holding device and their safety has got to the point where I saw a rescue boat run over one of the capsules after a horrific crash and the driver was Ok. Talk about a double whammy.

14. Collapse Details

just think of where this sport would be without efforts like this ............garwoods and straight eights
    beer is food

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    I agree on the rope this is 2009 a Pneumatic hook or holding device and their safety has got to the point where I saw a rescue boat run over one of the capsules after a horrific crash and the driver was Ok. Talk about a double whammy.

I always wondered if there wasnt a better way to do that as well. I always thought a pair of semi rigid or inflatable pontoons that would "kinda hold it snug" on the sides or something. You wouldnt have to worry about a release and it would have a pretty accurate "keep it pointed straight till green" effect
    Last edited by glassdave; 11-20-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

16. Collapse Details

We have several record's Bonneville, dry lakes, drags, Street, for cars and trucks and motorcycles and in boats Class 1, Class 2 etc....diesel, gas, turbo, blown, hybrid.

My point is there are people around that want to set records.

Its easy to set up classes for people to run in just like at Bonneville.

vee single engine open cockpit normally aspirated... VSPA

Cat twin engine closed cockpit turbo..... CTRT

We have been looking at ways to change things at the races by bringing in Kilo runs like Class 1 used to run before the race on Sunday. It brings a bunch of boats out to spectate and gives people a chance to show how fast their pontoon boat is....

I think it is phenominal that there is a boat built just to try to break the prop driven record. Good luck to them on their effort!

pat W

The twin counter rotating prop on the Ekranoplan in a fog bank can be considered water driven.........
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions