Thread: Wicked

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

I know the 850 race boats run 5-6 in and 3-4 out... I think its easier to get the slip down with less HP than it is more.

you are also not going to get down to those numbers with 20* or probably even 18*.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 44MTI View Post
    I use the Bam site also.
    6% is really low. I haven't heard of anyone else getting that low with inboard.
    What are you running GL.
    Micheal ,

I was running two sets of props this summer and here are the observation I saw;
    Always turning in,
    Ratio 1.35
    Small set are 16 3/4" 18* 32" Herings
    Big Set 16 3/4" 18* 36" Throttle Up (those I was not able to get to max RPM of 6200, they are too big for my dynoed 850HP motors) which is where stems my amazment at the numbers on this cat pushing 39"'s at 149 mph

Small set #
    I have run that set at 6000 RPM at 126.7 MPH giving a 6% slip according to both sites
    Bigger set #

Top end I pushed those with the 850's around 136mph at about 5700 to 5800 RPM also giving around 6% slip.

The most fixed number I have on those is cruising around 4200RPM at 100-105 MPH which is also around 6%. Those shafts you guys are running must have very different prop dynamics because looking at Delo's video the speed to RPM numbers I see when he stablises at certain RPM's (not in acceleration) is very different then what I see. Also weight of the boat might be very different. Your rudder boats although in Carbon Fiber mine fiberglass I suspect are a lot heavier than my rig. mine is only 42 yours are 44's and that rear assembly for the rudder has to be sturdy as all hell thus somewhat heavy. My guess is my rig with only two seats, no stereo no carpets or any form of bling might be no more than 8500# to 9000# that would affect slip also.

Very interesting talking about this.

I wonder what slip numbers Brandon and those guys are running (that would have to entail getting a straight answer from Skater Nation which I assume is near to impossible!!! )....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    I know the 850 race boats run 5-6 in and 3-4 out... I think its easier to get the slip down with less HP than it is more.
    I would have to agree with that...

Also I think that the more you move bigger than 36" the more the props lose efficiency slipwise. I know the same thing use to happen with Bravo props when you got bigger than labbed 32".

And you corn-fed midwesterners are turning some major league wheels!!!!

But keep showing us how to do it;

4. Collapse Details

we pushed a 36 to 6600 with the 850's at 156 (inboard), also ran a set of 38.5 with the stock ecu at 6k to 156 (outboard)

with those basically same throttle up 36's (a little less diameter and I dont know if yours are progressive pitch or not), the DW runs 145 on the 6k limiters, 3 something slip.

gl, you'd be surprise what that boat may weigh, it was over 9k with 750's back in the day.

shaft boats will always have more slip that a six boat as well.... just a fact of life.

5. Collapse Details

Sean I know exactlly how much my boat weight and it is not over 9000 pounds.

And I am obviously missing something if your pushing a 36 foot boat with 850`s at 156 mph. What I see with that is that the same boat with 1075`s or 1200`s must be going 200mph where are those boats? Where are the videos?

I hate armchair QB's here with no harware quoting other people's acheivements but dude I have one of those rigs, it might not be the newest but it has held it's own in the **** before. And I have run the **** out of it in the last year. If a 36` with 850`s goes 156 mph knock on Delo`s door and wake him up fast cause he barely gets 5 mph faster with 700HP more, he`s getting royaly f`ed.

I usually take people to there word here, so call me an idiot but I will have to see proof of purchase on that 156 with 850`s stuff. The only thing that is 850 on a boat going that fast is the sticker on the flame arrestor.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    i would have to agree with that...

Also i think that the more you move bigger than 36" the more the props lose efficiency slipwise. I know the same thing use to happen with bravo props when you got bigger than labbed 32".

And you corn-fed midwesterners are turning some major league wheels!!!!

But keep showing us how to do it;

be nice and post more of them !!!!!!!:usa:

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Sean I know exactlly how much my boat weight and it is not over 9000 pounds.

And I am obviously missing something if your pushing a 36 foot boat with 850`s at 156 mph. What I see with that is that the same boat with 1075`s or 1200`s must be going 200mph where are those boats? Where are the videos?

I hate armchair QB's here with no harware quoting other people's acheivements but dude I have one of those rigs, it might not be the newest but it has held it's own in the **** before. And I have run the **** out of it in the last year. If a 36` with 850`s goes 156 mph knock on Delo`s door and wake him up fast cause he barely gets 5 mph faster with 700HP more, he`s getting royaly f`ed.

I usually take people to there word here, so call me an idiot but I will have to see proof of purchase on that 156 with 850`s stuff. The only thing that is 850 on a boat going that fast is the sticker on the flame arrestor.
    so you don't think CRC went 160+ in the kilo with 750's (as did CMS)? (they did)

you don't think an 850 boat would be equally as fast? (they are)

8. Collapse Details

you don't think C1 boats are going over 170 with 927 HP? (they are)

there are a couple of Mercury 850 (welmax mti) boats in there (with air restrictors)

CLASS 1 EDOX SPEED RUN – results 1. Fazza 3 - A Al Zafeen (UAE)/N Bin Hendi (UAE) 13.025s - 171.78mph/276.39kph 2. Welmax 90 – K Selmer (NOR)/J Tandberg (NOR) 13.142s - 170.25mph/273.93kph 3. Qatar 96 - H Al-Thani (QAT)/S Curtis (GBR) 14.205 - 157.51mph/253.43kph 4. Victory 1 - M Al Mehairi (UAE)/JM Sanchez (FRA) 14.428s – 155.07mph/249.51kph 5. Foresti & Suardi - Roscioli Hotels 8 – G Soave (ITA)/G Montavoci (ITA) 15.196s – 147.23mph/236.40kph

9. Collapse Details

so you don't think CRC went 160+ in the kilo with 750's (as did CMS)? (they did)

you don't think an 850 boat would be equally as fast? (they are)
    I am positive those boats did those speeds, but 750's??? We are now at 160mph with 750's Sean, we started at 149m with 850's... A couple more pages of this and Ken Warby better start shaking in his Aussie boots for any MTI with 525's. Remember we were not talking about full fledge paperthin race machines here.

Find me a person that owns one of those boats that does 160mph with 750hp motors and I will pay right after the run to remove that engine and have it dynoed right then and there. And if it Dyno's under 750HP per mills I will give $5k for Autism Research on top of it, and eat crow (I'll cook it however ). If not you give the $5k and I will still pay for the removal and Dyno.

I don't know nearly as much as you do but I know after I asked "How is this 750HP class verified?" I was told by two owners I know that it's with the honor system, that was enough for me and consistent with the stability of Offshore Racing and their sanctioning bodies these days...

In the interim I remain your unadulterated servant Sean, all in fun Sean don't go female ehhh! sorry nuts on me and break my windows with a 5 iron!!!

GL

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    be nice and post more of them !!!!!!!:usa:
    Here's a couple more to motivate you...

What me and Sean are seeking;

What Skater Nation feel when an MTI is coming.... (Like WHM with CMS in the hunt)

What Skaters have to do when we catch up to them. ;

What we need to spend per forged props to get to 160mph;

All the trolls hang out with this guy over there...

OK got to go home now my wife is...

We aim to please!

GL

11. Collapse Details

those 750's probably dyno'd around 825 or so, and 4 or 5 years ago when CRC set that kilo record, yes, they were pulling heads and checking compression at every race.

when CMS did it down in Tenn., I don't know if they were inspecting them or not. Probably not.

today they don't inspect to much, not enough boats to worry about it really.

and I was wrong about the 156, it was 157.

We will be putting the engines back in the boat sometime in Feb, maybe we will put in a camera and do a 160 just for you GL.

as far as getting this thread back on track, I am sure that Woody will let everybody know if Wicked isn't as fast as everybody says it is. Of course, Frankie will be in more trouble, he sold it to him.

12. Collapse Details

those 750's probably dyno'd around 825 or so, and 4 or 5 years ago when CRC set that kilo record, yes, they were pulling heads and checking compression at every race.

when CMS did it down in Tenn., I don't know if they were inspecting them or not. Probably not.

We will be putting the engines back in the boat sometime in Feb, maybe we will put in a camera and do a 160 just for you GL.

as far as getting this thread back on track, I am sure that Woody will let everybody know if Wicked isn't as fast as everybody says it is. Of course, Frankie will be in more trouble, he sold it to him.
    Somebody's STUPID

13. Collapse Details

Whoa...Whoa....Whoa!!! Leave me out of this!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    Whoa...Whoa....Whoa!!! Leave me out of this!!
    okay, how about Matthew?

15. Collapse Details

Full money back guarantee in writing (now what did I do with that piece of paper?)
    but in all fairness, Frankie only promised 146, I figured he had the 6 upside down

We'll see come spring....
    Wicked

16. Collapse Details

..and I was wrong about the 156, it was 157.
    Well there you go clouding the issue with facts again!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Full money back guarantee in writing (now what did I do with that piece of paper?)
    but in all fairness, Frankie only promised 146, I figured he had the 6 upside down

We'll see come spring....
    Seems only fair!!!!