Thread: offshoreonly

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Barb smells good
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Well this set off more then I thought.
    I visit both, OSO can get some threads like the Aquama that are kind of like a Jerry Springer show, you hate to admit that you have to watch it.

I'll pay up here soon.

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Not working again Monday am.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman_Grafix View Post
    Well this set off more then I thought.
    I visit both, OSO can get some threads like the Aquama that are kind of like a Jerry Springer show, you hate to admit that you have to watch it.

I'll pay up here soon.
    Yea I have not seen it work since someone called another racer a retard now they all think he was talking about them or a family memberIt has not worked for a few days and still does not work?Oh well

5. Collapse Details

Posted this under Key West - Sunday thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OSO boat.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Mine wont work either

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    Posted this under Key West - Sunday thread

Thats funny

8. Collapse Details

I noticed they changed the piks at the top of the page...are the piks chopped on everybodies screen or just mine??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

chopped on mine as well

10. Collapse Details

Pics are chopped but I did make the "cut". My Cig is now part of the flash slide show on the title bar.

11. Collapse Details

Not crazy about the ads they insert between frames on threads. Makes me think I'm at the bottom of the thread, then I scroll more.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wildman_grafix View Post
    oso can get some threads like the aquama that are kind of like a jerry springer show, you hate to admit that you have to watch it.

13. Collapse Details

registered
    After being in KW and not even seeing a computer for the last 8 days, I feel like I should comment on this thread first about the Key West experience. The other website was a huge part of my life for many years. I'm sure that many of the other founding members and SOS team feel the same way. It was sad to not see any other offshore forums represented during the entire week. It's true that there is priceless information over there that has taken a very time long to build.....and for that reason, I do still visit (lurk) over ther often and will continue to do so. I don't feel the need to post on any other site than this one...which I consider home know and am proud to be a part of building.

I have nothing negative to say about OSO and quite frankly, feel that the show that those of us associated with SeriousOffshore.com put on down in Key West has said enough. This website has a very bright future!!

It was awesome to see old friends and meet many new ones in the past week.....Can't wait for MIAMI!!!!!!!!

Craig

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I noticed they changed the piks at the top of the page...are the piks chopped on everybodies screen or just mine??
    It's called editiing.

They had a little contest thread back a couple months ago. Havent been there in days, but I did see the new rotation- counted six new images...

two outta six ain't bad.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    It was sad to not see any other offshore forums represented during the entire week.
    Yeah, the times of Steve's reign will be missed everywhere. He really put in the effort to have parties, banners, OSO boats & trucks, shirts, coozies, etc for all of him members.

IB has, and is planning to do, absolutely nothing. It's somewhat depressing really, because they couldn't have a better "platform" that's already been established, LOADED with great info, and a large number of members even after losing some. I just don't see them doing anything to help promote the site at all, and they will be left behind by SOS as a result.

What I've never understood, is why doesn't BoatFreaks EVER do anything for their site at the big events? They've been around for quite some time as well, but I NEVER see any banners, shirts, and have only randomly seen a boat with their website on the side. I don't even know if that was their "official" boat? Do they just do different things, or nothing at all?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    What I've never understood, is why doesn't BoatFreaks EVER do anything for their site at the big events? They've been around for quite some time as well, but I NEVER see any banners, shirts, and have only randomly seen a boat with their website on the side. I don't even know if that was their "official" boat? Do they just do different things, or nothing at all?
    They are a low-budget site, don't charge members and may not even charge advertisers. They also allow free classifieds. It's owned and run by the members, it's the essence of a ".org". I also get the feeling they're not targeting the same market as SOS/OSO.

When the mass exodus began at OSO a lot of the unhappy members (including myself) migrated to BF's full-time and the site grew 3 fold. Then SO came along and a lot of those members landed here by virtue of association.

The technical members of BF's are extremely talented and I visit there 2nd to this site, OSO is #3 on my list!

17. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Yeah, the times of Steve's reign will be missed everywhere. He really put in the effort to have parties, banners, OSO boats & trucks, shirts, coozies, etc for all of him members.

IB has, and is planning to do, absolutely nothing. It's somewhat depressing really, because they couldn't have a better "platform" that's already been established, LOADED with great info, and a large number of members even after losing some. I just don't see them doing anything to help promote the site at all, and they will be left behind by SOS as a result.

The diff is that "we" the members brought OSO to "life" it became it's own almost living breathing being. Without that passion no site will ever be like OSO was. There was a time about 5 or 6 years ago when the antics caught on camera by all of us maniacs became just as important as the boating and made us all the dysfuctional family that we are. Steve and Cash Bar, me and I think you BLee were out that night and the lightbulb went off that the hits were going thru the roof when the social aspect of the site really took off.

18. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    Without that passion no site will ever be like OSO was.

I've gotta disagree with you on that. Obviously, you weren't in KW to see the representation that we displayed. The antics live on...

Stay tuned. Good stuff is on the way for this website. It will take time, but slowly is the best way to grow anything!

19. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I've gotta disagree with you on that. Obviously, you weren't in KW to see the representation that we displayed. The antics live on...

Stay tuned. Good stuff is on the way for this website. It will take time, but slowly is the best way to grow anything!
    Thats wasnt a clear statement. You are right Craig. What I was saying that OSO doesnt have the passion to make a site like we now have again in SOS. Sorry for the confusion

20. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    Thats wasnt a clear statement. You are right Craig. What I was saying that OSO doesnt have the passion to make a site like we now have again in SOS. Sorry for the confusion
    Cool, got it!