Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    A few more images of the boat for LittleNige. and beautiful she is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engine Room BH.jpg   Steering Wheel BH.jpg   On The Plane Wayne.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Great Job Guys!!!!

Billy Martin Jr.

3. Collapse Details

Cool boat and good luck with it!

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Hey Billy Martin Jr, thanks for the compliment.I respect what you are doing with your race boat,best of luck with future events and sponsership.
    The 1st Shot is in the UK for the cowes Race era 1979. 2nd shot boat as found. 3rd shot Today. Regards Duna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bounty_Hunter__1979_.jpg   Bounty Hunter as Found.jpg   Bounty Hunter Today.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Now if only all the old beauties could be saved like this! Thanks for the pics! What a triumphant return for the old girl!

7. Collapse Details

Duna, here's one I found Cigarette ad from a while ago.

What is the history? Bounty Hunter originally, then Fayva, now Bounty again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA210044.JPG  

8. Collapse Details

Hi Chris. I am not so sure on the History of this boat, information I will share. The boat was built when Halter Marine were involved with Cigarette. I believe the 1st race name was the "BOUNTY HUNTER" and raced by Billy Martin Sr. I think "FAYVA SHOES" had the Boat in the early 80s. with Michael Meynard. Also it was raced by a Japanese team and called "BENGAL" i have very little information and pictures from that era.
    Maybe Top Banana "Charlie" or "littlenige" have more input on this. i know the boat was stored for many years from 87 to this day and Keith Ekhart can't remember when he built the engines we have today!!!. Cheers Duna: sifone:
    The boat was winterized and stored by "Mr Bob Idoni" Perfect as found: drool5:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1979 39 CigBountyHunter Race No 51.jpg   Bengal Race No 13 1987.jpg   January1985 Race No 13.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    To add to the confusion.....here is another 39 built by Halter in that same time period and raced sometimes by Mark McManus and at other times Willy Meyers.

And then here is another photo showing the same boat as Fayva shoes too!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails halter 390001.jpg   untitled.bmp  
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

10. Collapse Details

Hi charlie.
    The two blue Photos above of the Halter Racing Bubble deck,I reckon are both the same boat!!!! or the 2nd 39'. which brings me to the conclusion that Fayva Shoes raced the Red & Blue boats in and around the same period. i have seen a picture of the Red Fayva boat and trailor too. The confusion comes also with the race numbers. It would be nice to clarify this point. Did Fayva Shoes race in both boats.Cheers Duna

11. Collapse Details

Great thread!

Most talked about boat at the 1st Annual Don Aronow Race? "The Cigarette"
    Most talked about boat at the 2008 KW World's? "Bounty Hunter"

Great job!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Great thread!

Great job!
    Mark...Thank you. Here are a couple of shots of the two boats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e1c0179b.jpg   Don Aronow Race 080001.jpg   P1010007.JPG  

Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

13. Collapse Details

Glenn....my son is still looking for the photos of the Bounty Hunter being built at the Cigarette factory......we know we have them, as we sent them to Billy Martin Jr for his collection about a year or so ago, if all else fails, we can get copies from him.

Get a jacket Glenn, because HORBA is going to be keeping you busy racing some of your old boats....here is the patch we gave to all participants in the Don Aronow race last June.

As you can see from my old jacket, the patches just keep coming once you start......BTW, my jacket hasn't got 1/2 of what Bob Nordskog's jacket did...he had patches on top of patches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow race patch.bmp   Don Aronow race patch0002.jpg   Patch Jacket 003.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Great thread!

Great job!
    Simply amazing. When I saw the boat and spoke them about the resto, I had to start this thread. It's great to see a boat I used to drool over completely restored and running. Time to drool over it again.

15. Collapse Details

The story I heard on that boat was Maynard was flying over a race in Jersey I think, He saw that boat landed and bought it on the spot crew truck and all. These were real nice people Bobby, Ritchie and Mr Maynard BTW Fayva Cat 1 one was Cougars first big wood cat.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

16. Collapse Details

saw it in the keys running then looked at it by the docks it looked awsome
    BOATING BABYYYY

NJPPC COMMITEE MEMBER
    www.njppc.com
    www.njboa.org

17. Collapse Details

The Red Bubble deck 39' Cig. As Bounty Hunter also Fayva Shoes. Duna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Betty  Billy M0001.jpg   Cigarette%20390008%20%28Small%29.jpg   Fayva_Shoes__1980_.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

The Blue Bubble deck 39' Cig. Halter Racing also Fayva Shoes. Duna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cigarette%20390002.jpg   Halter.jpg   KeyWest82-1.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    To add to the confusion.....here is another 39 built by Halter in that same time period and raced sometimes by Mark McManus and at other times Willy Meyers.

And then here is another photo showing the same boat as Fayva shoes too!!!
    I was with Fayva then they borrowed that Boat from Cigarette San Power we installed the New (at that time) Efi Mercury race engines and headed for the Championships in Key West in those days you could have two boats we took the Cat also. Bobby could not race he had a broke leg from the crash of Fayva Cat two so it was Maynard and Anglo Meli .. The Boss ran the Cat but it was a Vee day that Kevlar Cigarette ran like 86 across 8 footers with 3 feet of crap blowing. It would have won that day.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TrippM View Post

I'd love to see the classic deep V's running in the open ocean again.
    They still are.. In EUROPE.
    There´s a lot of old (domestic) raceboats over here dusting off too.
    Remember to operate one here with the gas prices we have you gotta be dedicated and then some.

Then on the other hand if you get your classic boat races and classes going you can bet there will be some foreigners owning and using their old boats in U.S.A instead of taking them over.
    SoFla for example is full of Europeans with Condos and such for vacations and me myself I´m dreaming of retiring there too.