Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Cigarette Squadron XII Complete Resurrection
    I have finally found the boat I have been searching for!

I have been looking for something fast, trailerable, able to handle LOTO and be worth putting my time and effort in.

The hull is an '83 27' Squadron XII built by Don Aronow, this hull was the last 27' out of the molds right after Don bought the Cigarette company back. From my research there were only 18 that were built, I do not know how many still exist today, I have located 6 others so far.
    I do know that performance boat builders still use this hull design today!

I found the boat and picked it up in Michigan, before that the boat ran in Canada.
    It is definitely a project! The hull was supposed to have been restored years ago but the company that was paid to do the work was shut down by the FBI, apparently they were doing more than boats.
    They got as far as stripping it and cutting the deck off with a sawzall... Morons... (I can only guess they wanted to splash molds from the hull).

I will be building the Squadron as a Race/Pleasure and will run in the OSS Pro-Am series in 2010 along with a few poker runs etc..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ADV.jpg   Squadron 27 038.jpg   Squadron 27 034.jpg