Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I read in Professional Boat Builder that there was a run of 40 foot formulas constructed with a special Kevlar/foam laminate structure. Were they referring to the 402's?

Mild thunder, do you know if your boat is 'glass or is there some Kevlar?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    I read in Professional Boat Builder that there was a run of 40 foot formulas constructed with a special Kevlar/foam laminate structure. Were they referring to the 402's?

Mild thunder, do you know if your boat is 'glass or is there some Kevlar?
    The previous owner had mentioned that my hull was kevlar, and deck fiberglass.

However, I contacted Formula, and their rep asked a few guys who worked down in Florida where mine was built. They said they didnt recall any use of kevlar back in that era, but who knows.

I know Wellcraft was using alot of Kevlar/nomex in the old 38 Kaama edition scarabs...supposedly saved about 1500 lbs off the boats weight according to a 1982 issue of powerboat I had.

3. Collapse Details

I have been in this boat and for what he is asking for the boat it's going to be a great deal for somebody. I have see that thing run in what I would call 3-4's and it dosen't even bounce. Also those red chairs are awsome after a long day of drinking...LOL

4. Collapse Details
    # 1 Day
    Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I run on lake michigan with mine. The 402 is a 40' 24 deg straight HEAAVYYY V bottom. I'd say the ride is comparable if not better than a 38 cigarette. The 402 is about 3 ft longer than a 38 cig (37'6) and heavier. However, the cigarettes in my opinion were built stronger and will take big power/big water better than the Formulas. The 402 was designed to be a posh playboy boat. Not too many older 38 cigs with liquor decanter wet bars and microwave, ac units, custom cabinets, etc. The Formula is very comfortable in lake michigan 2-4's, what some call 4-6 in there neck of the woods. Its more of a set the sticks and run 55-60 thru whatever.

Last year me and a few buddies ran from hammond indiana to michigan city, prob about 35-40 miles each way in what "I" call 2-3' water. 55-65mph the whole way there and back and my dunkin donuts coffee cup stayed in my cupholder the whole day. My buddy Tony M on here can attest that he ran with us in his 27 Formula, and he litterly wore skin off his a$$ from the bolster and he brought a newbie boater with him for that trip who swore he was done boating after that ride! Both the 27 Formula and 38 Top Guns got to michigan city and there cabin doors were jammed shut and wouldnt open. Sometimes tanks are good.
    Had To Duck Behine Your Boat For A Break Or Two But We all Tuff It Out ! Me Out Of The Water Than In , SHE is A Beatifull Luxry Liner Next To My Little Fly'er !

5. Collapse Details
    Congrats
    I saw that you sold her on E-bay on Wednesday. I think you did allright selling her without power. Did the buyer contact you yet? Smetimes ebay buyers are a little sketchy. What's next for ya?

6. Collapse Details

WAY TO GO , CUZZ Congrats Hope I Get Lucky With Mine Now!

7. Collapse Details

She Gone?????