Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by crapr6 View Post
    So Iam not going to BS you guys but iam going to use what I have. I understand it may not be the best choice but I think it will be ok..
    Erik
    Understandable. But, you asked the question on the difference between marine and standard ply B/C, or CDX.

I'm using CDX for some seating in my boat, and I'm not worried about it - but, I'm not using it as structural, or to handle the torque of 800 hp either - different applications, different materials will suffice.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

As thick as your outer layer of glass is, what ever kind of wood you use will be fine! That thing is thick, Wow. How did this boat ride? When jumping wakes did the nose always stick way up in the air? When you get to the re-rigging part you may want to move some stuff forward, it seems everything is mounted to your transom or just in front of it.(if it's a lake boat that fine) on bay boats or offshore boats I like to see some stuff mounted more forward if you'll be jumping out of the water. Is there another bulkhead under the rear seat?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Understandable. But, you asked the question on the difference between marine and standard ply B/C, or CDX.

I'm using CDX for some seating in my boat, and I'm not worried about it - but, I'm not using it as structural, or to handle the torque of 800 hp either - different applications, different materials will suffice.
    I understand and do thank you for telling me the diffrerence between the two.
    Erik

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    As thick as your outer layer of glass is, what ever kind of wood you use will be fine! That thing is thick, Wow. How did this boat ride? When jumping wakes did the nose always stick way up in the air? When you get to the re-rigging part you may want to move some stuff forward, it seems everything is mounted to your transom or just in front of it.(if it's a lake boat that fine) on bay boats or offshore boats I like to see some stuff mounted more forward if you'll be jumping out of the water. Is there another bulkhead under the rear seat?
    This is a bay and sometimes head out to the ocean boat. I have hit some decent size rollers and the boat always launched, flew, and landed neutral. Never once has it went nose high. You must remember this was a TRS boat and it had a trans which had the motor right up against the rear seat wall, so now that there is a bravo going in the boat and moving the motor back since there isnt a trans anymore there maybe a issue with weight transfer now. There is a rear bulkhead just under the rear seat and its thick also. I have heard some of these boats like weight up in the bow but iam going to wait and see how it handles next year before I start to mess around with weight transfer,etc. Also my buddy has the same boat as mine and just did a bravo on his and it handles the water great. So based off of what he has told me about our boats iam hoping there wont be to much weight in the rear of it now.
    Erik

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    BlownCrewCab is this you and Erik you will be just fine and remeber you did ask the difference between the two grades of plywood and to tell you the truth this subject on what grade of plwood to use sometimes turns into a very heated discussion .

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    BlownCrewCab is this you and Erik you will be just fine and remeber you did ask the difference between the two grades of plywood and to tell you the truth this subject on what grade of plwood to use sometimes turns into a very heated discussion .
    I understand and thanks guys for helping me out with this. I have googled the grade difference and others have said the same thing.
    I have also searched on here and other boat website and just like you stated it starts into a heated discussion.

7. Collapse Details

Update

Plywood is fitted and made up some wedges for the new stringers. Ran out of daylight and temp to glue the wood to the fiberglass.

8. Collapse Details

Any more progress? I am tearing mine out now also.