Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    nice pad!

dont know what happened but Ban rebuilt my trannies to drysump for around 4k good as new..

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by customryder View Post
    nice pad!

dont know what happened but Ban rebuilt my trannies to drysump for around 4k good as new..
    In a nut shell, refreshed trannies through Mercury (they said they have new ones on the shelf and just swap them out, and I swear this is what they told me) 8 hours into use and I admit running hard (pretty much same as I always drive though) broke tranni, second trannie (new one sent and paid for) broke on hose, third one (new one sent and paid for) broke on hose, inspected this one and bad ring instalation caused it and had it repaired by another shop and put in the fourth trannie and all has been good since (30 hours). Just lost all of July and engine had to come out each time. Paid for all R&R's and all S/H and new trannies, mercury refresh of trannies, and repair.

No concessions... Just bend over and it is what it is...

3. Collapse Details

Defense I was given...

First one is Mercury's problem, second the cooler was not cleaned properly, third one should of been sent back for evaluation so no comment.

All I wanted was to boat so I wasn't going to wait around for possible warranty. Just send me a new one and once you decide on warranty let me know. Diddn't plan on two new ones breaking after the first one.

4. Collapse Details

In all my boating...The transmission issue is the only thing that still resinates the same as when it happened.

Just thought it was unfair, and I guess so much so that 6 months later it still irritates me. God willing I have a lot of high performance boating left and will enlighted people as much as possible on just this situation.

Otherwise I'm truly impressed with everything else on my cig as far as quality. Eventally when the oppurtuity presents itself I'm going to go to the shiftable SCS. I believe this is the future and hope to see mercury agree. I have spoken to Mercury, and they told me they were looking into it. Seems like a no brainer. With all the technology in the engines etc. the trannie is ancient.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Congrats Jeremy- you've made it for sure. Nice to see the nice guy win!

Well- then there is that pesky BAM tranny issue... I never understood how it became between you and BAM when Mercury was hired to do the job. If they sub it; you were still Merc customer and Merc was then BAM's customer.
    Also I hold people by what they say. Mercury's refresh says it comes with a 90 day same as new engine warranty.

Well I'm here to tell ya, when I questioned them on this, the response was well we don't replace every part and if its a part we reused then unfortunatly that is not covered by warranty. This is to help keep the cost down to you the consumer. WTF, at this point who gives a ****.

I didn't intend to bring it all up again, but oh well, I did leave the transmission shops name out of it. So please do not delete this thread.

As far as I'm concerned this can be the last post and we'll let it drift down and eventually second paged.

6. Collapse Details

I'd be ****ed about this for about the next 40ish years or whatever I have left..

I think the original thread shouldn't have ever been deleted and think it should be restored. Why keep other boaters in the dark- thought we were here to help each other?

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    Ironic, young man takes over parents company and does good, wish you gave other members here the same consideration....
    Eh, I'll live.

8. Collapse Details

The thread was not purposely deleted. It was done during another process and we lost some data. A mistake. If you know me you know I'm not shy about controversy. Both Berman's are my friends and I see both side's perspectives. And I would vouch for either of these guys.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Finally finished construction on my house so I will have a lot more time to go boating. Thx for the compliment on AM II.
    Congratz Jeremy Crib turned out friggin awesome, see ya'll on the Lake

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Finally finished construction on my house so I will have a lot more time to go boating. Thx for the compliment on AM II.
    ISN'T NICE TO BE RICH ?!

DAMN BRO, NICE CRIB !
    JUST CUT THE DAMN LAWN NEXT TIME . LOL

11. Collapse Details

This is my house. Business has been good for us too. You should of seen where I lived before this place became available. I broke the skag off my 90 horse Johnson but my neighbor welded it back on for me. I would never buy another Johnson motor or go boating when the lake is shallow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1sthappyhaome.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Nothing wrong with being trailer trash!

13. Collapse Details

Looks good Jeremy!
    35 Cigarette Mistress

14. Collapse Details

As a guy that has done it and looking back...

1075 SCi is a great engine and the rebuild program was done well.

I suggest not doing the transmission refresh. In my situation it actually cost me an extra 20K + and a lot of aggrevation to get it resolved.

The original story was deleted for unknown reasons. So hopefully this stays to anyone going through the refresh this winter.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Jeremy, send me a pm. I have a friend with a 46 like yours that's gone through the same tranny problems that you've gone through over this past summer, only he just paid the bill each time. After 3 tranny's and the stbd ones at that, there was a ton a labor charges that he absorbed and now he wants something back. Good story I got for ya.

15. Collapse Details

PM sent

16. Collapse Details

Jeremy sweet home I love it.

As far as I know those trannies are manufactured by Marc at BAM for Mercury why not call him for the refresh direct?

Also I got Marc's drysump transmissions for the DOI boat I don't recall if it's his sturdiest, I think so and just buying them new was less than $10k for both of them and Marc even gave me core credit I had on two that were lying around in my garage...

Am I missing something here, having not seen Jeremey's thread about Merc re-building them???

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Jeremy sweet home I love it.

As far as I know those trannies are manufactured by Marc at BAM for Mercury why not call him for the refresh direct?

Also I got Marc's drysump transmissions for the DOI boat I don't recall if it's his sturdiest, I think so and just buying them new was less than $10k for both of them and Marc even gave me core credit I had on two that were lying around in my garage...

Am I missing something here, having not seen Jeremey's thread about Merc re-building them???
    Refresh through mercury was like $2200 each I think, then the next two were like $4,700 each with the $500 core credit. Then the fourth one was sent somewhere else. Remember the engine had to be pulled each time.

18. Collapse Details

Remember the engine had to be pulled each time.
    That sucks.......

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Your house on the lake?

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPeanut View Post
    Your house on the lake?
    I wish.