Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

So, back to reality.... do we like the 6.0 ford diesel or only the 7.3?
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    So, back to reality.... do we like the 6.0 ford diesel or only the 7.3?
    7.3 is bulletproff, but then again my '06 6.0 never had a single problem and the trans is a little better. I had an '03 6.0 that was bought back so that kind of left a sour taste in my mouth for the 6.0.

3. Collapse Details

No mods...... a 6.0 will be fine, if you plan to mod it get a 7.3, but if you must have a 6.0 and mods, do the head bolts and O-rings or you will most likely have issues with head gaskets...
    35 Cigarette Mistress

4. Collapse Details

Ok, thanks guys. I have bumped up my budget a little and am thinkng about a 05-07 250SD, and there are a lot of them with 6.0 diesels.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

5. Collapse Details

Ok, thanks guys. I have bumped up my budget a little and am thinkng about a 05-07 250SD, and there are a lot of them with 6.0 diesels.
    Buy south..... I looke dat a couple 05's in Ohio and already saw scabbing.... they are cheaper down south too...

after buying my 99 in Texas, I will NEVER buy another truck from north again..
    35 Cigarette Mistress

6. Collapse Details

I found an 06 F350 SRW crew cab with the 6.0 diesel with 8,000 miles in a color and trim package that works for me up here for about 22k.

7. Collapse Details

I found an 06 F350 SRW crew cab with the 6.0 diesel with 8,000 miles in a color and trim package that works for me up here for about 22k.
    what are you waiting for?
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

8. Collapse Details

I think that it may be a manual trans. They don't say, and a vin check didn't tell me tranny type.

9. Collapse Details

Sounds like a deal, run carfax just in case something is hidden...post pics!!
    35 Cigarette Mistress

10. Collapse Details

I think that it may be a manual trans. They don't say, and a vin check didn't tell me tranny type.
    call a dealer parts dept with the VIN and they can tell you right away
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

11. Collapse Details

I was going to call the dealer this morning.
    My first tow vehicle was a clutch, and I grew to hate it. Even with other manual cars and bikes. Not the same. Want automatic.

12. Collapse Details

If you come to your senses and find a Dmax you like, I can run the vin to get the build sheet and warranty history.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    If you come to your senses and find a Dmax you like, I can run the vin to get the build sheet and warranty history.
    Funny, I was looking at GMCs yesterday. That 06 ford was manual.
    My real deadline is spring, so I am not rushed.
    They are much more rare than the fords, it seems.

I have driven GMC trucks since 1987, btw. Thanks for the offer.

14. Collapse Details

I still cannot get over the IFS on a heavy duty truck....I have had a torsion bar fail, don't want that with a 10,000lb load behind you... I like the SFA for a HD vehicle, guess thats me.. and GM interiors tend to rattle alot...

Besides that they look good and the Duramax is good.., well looked good till 07, I like the older style much better..
    35 Cigarette Mistress

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FULL FORCE View Post
    I still cannot get over the IFS on a heavy duty truck....I have had a torsion bar fail, don't want that with a 10,000lb load behind you... I like the SFA for a HD vehicle, guess thats me.. and GM interiors tend to rattle alot...
    I don't think it's just you on the front end.

I have not noticed the rattle on my half ton, but it has had a fairly easy life. Other than the day that I pulled my old 26 footer up the Chicago Skyway bridge with it.

16. Collapse Details

I don't think it's just you on the front end.

I have not noticed the rattle on my half ton, but it has had a fairly easy life. Other than the day that I pulled my old 26 footer up the Chicago Skyway bridge with it.
    I am a die hard Ford guy to begin with, but do like the style of the older GMC and Chevy trucks, ride good, I have had 4 SD Fords and loved every one, they all have issues somewhere, I do however think Ford and even Dodge has the HD truck market hands down.

My 99 F350 with 360K on it rides amazing and barely has any interior rattle, drives straight and all...in the end it is all about maintainence....I think GM would do better with a SFA under the new trucks, but the "all new" 2011 still has IFS

Good luck hope you find a good one like I did!! 4 times!
    35 Cigarette Mistress

17. Collapse Details

Waterford Mi., Lk. St. Clair and Lk. Erie
    If you get a GM truck, the 06 and 07 Classic style are the best Gm ever made. The newer ones have the new pollution equipment and get about 2 mpg less. The 06 and 07 also have the 360hp engine which has great torque starting at about idle. And the Allison 6 speed automatic is the best trans out there.I have an 07 and I'm going to keep it until the wheels fall off. It's really that good.
    Big boats rule!

18. Collapse Details

I have become smitten with a 2006 GMC Sierra K3500 1 ton, 6.6 Duramax, loaded, 95,000 miles.
    $24,000.

19. Collapse Details

It has the six speed Allison.

20. Collapse Details

I have become smitten with a 2006 GMC Sierra K3500 1 ton, 6.6 Duramax, loaded, 95,000 miles.
    $24,000.
    Nice truck. LLY or LBZ?