Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FULL FORCE View Post
    Oh yea... stick with diesel no matter what.. thye are easy to make alot of power easily..

And my other opinion... FORD... newer GM was "ok" but one thing that turned me off when looking for my fathers truck... pee pee tie rods and torsion bars...they may ride better but to me a HD truck should have a solid straight axle...

I will own nothing but Ford anyway...
    Truck looks to be in amazing condition for that kind of mileage. Are those front seats original? If that was GM leather you'd be on your third set of seat covers.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Wow. I could stop and see Everett and then drive back north.
    I have time. I really don't need it until spring. I just thought it would be nice to drive in the winter, depending on what I got.
    So... how did you handle the money? Did you take cash, or did you arrange for a transfer? The last out of state purchase I made, I sort of knew the guy from OSO, so I had it set up to make a wire transfer upon my call back to the bank to say that I was buying it.
    I paid cash, I try to do only cash if possible, easier to deal with... well wotrth the trip to texas!!!
    35 Cigarette Mistress

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Truck looks to be in amazing condition for that kind of mileage. Are those front seats original? If that was GM leather you'd be on your third set of seat covers.
    Yes, all original, someone loved the truck, very well kept, i still cannot believe it has more then 80,000 miles by looking and driving it...

Gotta love FORD!!
    Last edited by FULL FORCE; 12-21-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    35 Cigarette Mistress

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FULL FORCE View Post
    Yes, all original, someone loved the truck, very well kept, i still cannot believe it has more then 80,000 miles by looking and driving it...

Gotta love FORD!!
    I don't think that interior is all original, but I could be mistaken. It does look great though. I have a (rare) 2000 Lariat LE PSD CC LB dually and I love my truck.

Fund Razor:
    I have bought my last few vehicles in cash. When traveling, try to see if you can find a branch of your bank in the same town as the vehicle, then just pull out the cash and do the transaction in the bank. Or, have a cashiers check written on the BUYER's bank's check, and go to one of his branches and have them cash the check in front of both of you; as such they verify it by calling the bank that you had the check written at.

I took a trip with $27,000 on me in cash to buy my dually on a Sunday. I was a nervous wreck. I won't do that again. I carry a piece now, but still...
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

5. Collapse Details

The interior is original, but they did not use the same leather on this edition as the normal trucks, it is called a "Ball Ranch" never heard of it before, must be a Texas thing, but yes the interior has held up very well, thenagain, I have had 200K on a couple Explorers and the interior was perfect, I am a tad anal taking care of my vehicles though...
    35 Cigarette Mistress

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    I don't think that interior is all original, but I could be mistaken. It does look great though. I have a (rare) 2000 Lariat LE PSD CC LB dually and I love my truck.

Fund Razor:
    I have bought my last few vehicles in cash. When traveling, try to see if you can find a branch of your bank in the same town as the vehicle, then just pull out the cash and do the transaction in the bank. Or, have a cashiers check written on the BUYER's bank's check, and go to one of his branches and have them cash the check in front of both of you; as such they verify it by calling the bank that you had the check written at.

I took a trip with $27,000 on me in cash to buy my dually on a Sunday. I was a nervous wreck. I won't do that again. I carry a piece now, but still...
    I have done the bank check (draft) thing. But it seems that in the last few months they have really changed the fund availability policy at some banks. I took a local bank check to another local bank when I distributed some funds from an estate that I am executor of, and they put a 5 day hold on the bank check. I haven't tried the SAME bank's check... but it just seems they have gone to the extreme on the availability thing.

Last out of state purchase that I made, I didn't take a gun. I took Sunkin.

I have also deposited cash directly into a friend's account when buying parts so that there would be no hold, and the bank managed to even screw THAT up.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

7. Collapse Details

I've been looking for a tow rig for a couple of months now. Just bought this...flying to Sarasota to pick it up on Thursday.

2006 F450 4x4 Dually 6.0 Powerstroke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck1.jpg   truck9.jpg   truck39.jpg  

Warning: There will be no warning shots.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    I've been looking for a tow rig for a couple of months now. Just bought this...flying to Sarasota to pick it up on Thursday.

Very cool!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Very nice. Congrats.

I have still been looking.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice Tommy.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

sweet truck

12. Collapse Details

Funny think happened over the weekend. After all that back and forth on SUV vs truck and seeing a few trucks that I like... I went back to looking for Excursions.

I found a 2000 Excursion gasser near me with 125,000 miles that seems very clean. Priced right. I could cross the "bigger boat" towing problem bridge later. I haven't even finished my 28 yet.
    May go see it today. It's only 20 miles from work.

13. Collapse Details

I know I beat the 7.3L PSD drum a lot, but if you find a low mileage 7.3L PSD Excursion...

BUY IT!

They are golden jewels of the truck world.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

14. Collapse Details

I purchased a 1985 Sub, 4:10 Dana 60 front, 4:10 14bff in rear, 4l80e, np205 and 454 carb. It will pass everything but a gas station. Pulls my 25 Talon with 110 gal. of fuel fine. I only drive it 2k a yr. 8k in hole package and everthing is refurbished. If I had the $ I would buy the Exscursion diesel. Have experience in a couple. The v-10 gas is a beast! If you are going to drive it daily I would go diesel. Good luck and keep us posted.

15. Collapse Details

Registered

beautiful lookin truck, how many miles and aa price if ya dont mind? Thanks Jaime

16. Collapse Details
    Our Tow Rigs
    Here is some pics of mine (Ford) & my brother (GMC) tow rigs, i have to get some pics of our new Ford F 550
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maryland Poker Run 09 479.jpg   Maryland Poker Run 09 443.jpg   Maryland Poker Run 09 483.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Question for you guys that your rigs match your boat is your truck painted or do they make a wrap that you put on your truck? I thought if we could find a white 3/4 or 1 ton truck it would be nice to someday have the truck match but if painted then the downside would be when you go to sell it who would want it.

18. Collapse Details

Both of ours trucks are painted, the GMC was bought new so it was white, the Ford was silver so we painted it white

19. Collapse Details

I too, think the Ex would be better for taking guests with us. John said Chris' rig was great up and down the mountains....
    And, Funds a big guy, like Chris....
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Just found these BAD A$$ truck's !!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30_7.jpg   altonf650xuv---2.jpg