Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    An I do so regret the offer to trade boats that Albert made me a few years ago!

Would have saved me a lot of time and effort, but then I wouldn't have gotten to go hang out with Chris and Scott in TN!
    Maybe next time you'll get to stay longer....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    So that's what you look like without "the hair"...
    HA!! I thought the same thing!
    I don't imagine the personality changes though.
    He's gotta be just as nutz as us to be the Pantera junkie that we are.

Just let me know when you and Brit want to come hang out again- for a little longer, we'll force Sean to make the run out this way - or maybe make the run out there.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Hi my name is Jeff and I used to own the black 28, the boat with the blower set-up put up 900hp on the dyno and the best I ever saw was 97mph out of her. With the tunnel ram I got 83-84 spinnig the motor at 6200rpm.

4. Collapse Details

That started out sounding like a Pantera Owners Anonymous introduction

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rexx28 View Post
    Hi my name is Jeff and I used to own the black 28, the boat with the blower set-up put up 900hp on the dyno and the best I ever saw was 97mph out of her. With the tunnel ram I got 83-84 spinnig the motor at 6200rpm.
    Hey Jeff how are you man?

I never got her to spin more than 5600rpm or thereabouts with the 26 you gave me with the boat. 82mph. What kind of prop were you running?

I am thinking of building a 900hp blower motor for it but not sure yet. When u ran 97mph were you running the IMCO and what kind of prop?

Good to have you on the board.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    Albert's Mig 28 comes to mind. I think he was close to 1000hp and ran into the triple digits a couple of times. I know "detuned" it was 850hp and ran 95mph!
    No question...Alberts mig was the fastest 28......Him and i had that boat at 105mph in 2-3's off of Miami towards elliot key. That boat LOVED ROUGH WATER...We had that boat in swells between 10-12 footers heading out of hollover inlet...Thank god for the monster motor that boat had or else talk about 90 degree up.. the boat now lives in the panhandle and it's running in the mid 60's with a 500.....That is the BEST 28 ft around...hands down

Mike

7. Collapse Details

Yup, sans the "crackerfro"! But at least I was wearing the fake nose and beard in those pictures so the Feds can't identify me...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

8. Collapse Details

Is there any pics of the Mig now? Please post.

9. Collapse Details

I've never seen Brian Stubbefields boat run, but if the stories are true, that boat would be a strong contender for #2.

I'm personally partial to Tomas' boat though. And obviously Adam, you're boat is a bad MoFo, as well. But depends on if we're just going on looks or performance. Yours is my favorite on looks.
    i have been on Brians boat and the boat is strong , runs in the mid 90's with a full cabin and 3 guys on board i would say it is one of the fastest pleasure 28's out there

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mikes280 View Post
    i have been on Brians boat and the boat is strong , runs in the mid 90's with a full cabin and 3 guys on board i would say it is one of the fastest pleasure 28's out there
    what kind of setup?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lowblue320 View Post
    Is there any pics of the Mig now? Please post.
    Thought I had some, but I can't find them right now. It got 'de-purpled' with a white interior and a big set of green eyes on the side.

12. Collapse Details

Thought I had some, but I can't find them right now. It got 'de-purpled' with a white interior and a big set of green eyes on the side.
    I remember seeing it, but cant remember were either. Is the owner on here? Maybe he can post some.

13. Collapse Details

I haven't seen him on this site. Doesn't seem like he's posted on the OSO in a while either. I had some on my computer I think... But I had to clean up my harddrive so I deleted a bunch of stuff.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    what kind of setup?
    Brians boat has a 588 blower motor that is over 1000 hp i can't remember the exact #'s i know he runs a short lower on a stand off box heres a pic of the power and there is a pic of the back of the boat above my post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toys for tots 06 027 (Large).jpg   toys for tots 06 026 (Large).jpg   toys for tots 06 044.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

I don't think it's a short lower, just a notched transom so it naturally sits high.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    i have to admit those are some awsome 28,s i guess were not compairing apples to apples here sorry, maybe we need two catogories,,, speed runners ,,, and race,, and she now lives in tenn, the father and son team of the pirate racing totally rebuilt with a new Magnum Starfire deck,, she is beautiful ,,
    Great thread !!

So without trying to totally derail it I gotta say thats the first pics I've seen of the Denham's old mag before the resto.. Great looking boat & I have heard first hand that it wasn't quite babbied around in its past !!
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 11-07-2009 at 04:04 AM.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    That started out sounding like a Pantera Owners Anonymous introduction
    Good point..

18. Collapse Details

So in an attempt to do my part to re-rail & ask for a pm from MikeyFin on the Arrow with the big inch & a vortech b/c that sounds interesting & I know those far righters are nuts !!

All great boats mentioned so far !! If we are talking about just all out bad 28 single Panteras & not talking ****ing match & they don't have to "completly" float just yet I would have to throw Tom's 28 in the mix for just all time coolness !!! C'mon bud stop being so modest, I know just b/c you're from georiga is no excuse we both know you got computor service down there so don't make me dig through pics..

& Attempting to stay in context & if we were talking oldschool retro cool the "fro-less" lefty who very well may just be the "2nd most interesting man in the world" is working on a pretty cool ride himself !! May not be the fastest but I bet it could just be the fastest to ever tug a rope..:svengo:
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 11-07-2009 at 04:03 AM.

19. Collapse Details

Just for the quick whitters out there that was "pee-peeing match" I always forget its not proper grammer to say ****

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes280 View Post
    Brians boat has a 588 blower motor that is over 1000 hp i can't remember the exact #'s i know he runs a short lower on a stand off box heres a pic of the power and there is a pic of the back of the boat above my post
    And that 6blade prop on that pic is the one Albert had on the mig, right?
    28 F1 Pantera - Sit down and foot throttle | DPM Drive