Thread: prop???

1. Collapse Details
    prop???
    1 run a 23 mirage 14.48 by 23 now i can get a 15.58 by 23 .bigger dia is this better ?????

2. Collapse Details

1 inch in diameter will drop your RPM like 800RPM.

More pitch with less diameter in my testing worked out better than larger diameter with less pitch. (32'6" conventional V with moderate power so kind of comparable to your boat right? 25 Baja w/600 I'm guessing by your name)

3. Collapse Details

More diameter also causes more stern lift.

4. Collapse Details

griff i don t need that stern lift my boat is out of the water a lot . and mark your rigth. i have a 24baja 624hp now at the engine shop i am hoping for 650 hp i had the prop prefect 3000rpm 40 mph 3500 at 50 mph 4100 60mph top out at 5500 at over 80 very happy how the boat runs. i notice some boats run a bigger prop i will stick to a small prop i really need to keep the boat in the water more . thanks for info
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan0003.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    griff i don t need that stern lift my boat is out of the water a lot . and mark your rigth. i have a 24baja 624hp now at the engine shop i am hoping for 650 hp i had the prop prefect 3000rpm 40 mph 3500 at 50 mph 4100 60mph top out at 5500 at over 80 very happy how the boat runs. i notice some boats run a bigger prop i will stick to a small prop i really need to keep the boat in the water more . thanks for info
    U will not feel 30 HP ,,also clean the bottom !!!!!

6. Collapse Details

i clean the bottom . i have no picture of it clean . and i did pick up speed with it clean i gps all the things i change on the boat

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    You must have a 1.36 drive ratio.

8. Collapse Details

yes i do ! i change the drive ten years . i like this gears better my boat hooks up nice i have a rxt stage 2 sea doo runs 73.6 on gps my son race me at 40mph , i jump one boat on him and stay in front . i got more speed at top end with the 136. i try alot of props so far the mirage gave me the best speed . i am getting my motor done over so i think i have to change the prop again?? that why i was asking about a bigger prop size ? i don t need any bow lift or stern lift . you can see in my picture there not much of the boat in the water.