1. Collapse Details
    Chrome peeling on my Isotta steering wheel
    I purchased an Isotta Aria wheel in early 2007, and by mid-summer 2009 the chrome was peeling in several places on the spokes, mostly near the hub. it has not seen much, if any saltwater use. Has anyone had any issues with these, and how do you get it handled? It was big $, and I expected it to last much longer than it has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010131 (Large).jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    I have that same wheel, so I'm HOPING they have some kind of warranty on it....

Have you tried calling the company?

3. Collapse Details

That is odd. did you wax it?

4. Collapse Details

No wax, but it's constantly wiped down by The Admiral, and stored in a dry stack. I don't have any pictures of the actual damage, but it has basically blistered near the hub; it did not start from an edge. I can't remember who I bought it from, but I should have the records somewhere. Too bad it's not simply polished stainless....

5. Collapse Details

really odd. Wax kills chrome so that's all I could think of that could have done it considering the quality ($$$$) of Isotta. wiping it down is what you are supposed to do.

I hope they fix it for you.

6. Collapse Details

I have actually seen that on several of those wheels. I don't know if any one has tried to get a replacement from Isotta or not. You are not the only one that this is happening to. As far as I know, none of the others were ever in salt water. I have a customer that has cracked one at the hub. He did get that one replaced, but it was replaced by Hustler, since the boat was still very new.
    Eddie

7. Collapse Details

I sealed mine with Leverage polish..everytime I polished the dash, bezzels, glass and so on.. 2 years to date .. no problems and we are in salt to brackish water..

8. Collapse Details

Chuck, last year I tracked down the distributor who brings Isotta in from overseas and was able to buy one direct (through my company)......I have been looking through my records since yesterday but can't find who it was. I"ll shoot you the info once I come across it, prices were about 1/2 what you normally see.

9. Collapse Details

After a little Googling, it looks as if there is a two-year warranty, so I have to contact them at Isotta@Isotta.com and tell them what is going on. Looks like we'll be running down to the boat this weekend...

10. Collapse Details

The Admiral wiped it to hard Chuck! I think it happened the weekend before her birthday week (tuesday)
    AT Cult Member since 1999