Thread: Snowmobiles

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Twin27Advantage View Post
    Just went for a quick little ride in the trails by the house. 10" last night, and a few more expected. Looks like more on monday and a possible big storm wednesday.

If it sticks around we are riding to the bar tonight
    I'm jealous. 70 degrees here in CT yesterday.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

2. Collapse Details

we get hurricanes & not much snow but we rent snowmobiles in wyoming close to yellowstone np & man what a rush!! My folks have a house near jackson hole that makes a good home base for winter thrills.

3. Collapse Details

So on friday evening a guy that wanted my sled called and said he was coming to get it. So it sold and I am on the prowl for the next one.

I am looking for a 03-05 rev 800 either a X or a blair morgan. If it has not had the ring and seal updates I want it cheap So if you have or know of one within a 150 miles of spring lake, MI let me know.

Thanks!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MattBMiller View Post
    Any trips planned this year? I'll talk Johnny into making a trip up to show you guys how it's done.
    Were spending the week between christmas and new years in Ishpeming in da western up!

5. Collapse Details

Just went for a quick little ride in the trails by the house. 10" last night, and a few more expected. Looks like more on monday and a possible big storm wednesday.

If it sticks around we are riding to the bar tonight
    chicken you'll have to give me or Twin Whackas a call sometime, we could come up for a day trip

6. Collapse Details

I will for sure...

7. Collapse Details

I am looking for a 03-05 rev 800 either a X or a blair morgan. If it has not had the ring and seal updates I want it cheap So if you have or know of one within a 150 miles of spring lake, MI let me know.

Thanks!

Damn dude...could've been there for ya! I bought Magic Medicine's '03.5 Blair Morgan a couple years ago...used it until it blew up on me, then traded it for my XP.

8. Collapse Details

So on friday evening a guy that wanted my sled called and said he was coming to get it. So it sold and I am on the prowl for the next one.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Damn dude...could've been there for ya! I bought Magic Medicine's '03.5 Blair Morgan a couple years ago...used it until it blew up on me, then traded it for my XP.
    Not to many running around on the original rings and pistons, unless they have no rings! I know SC288 has an 04 that the engine has not been open. I upgraded mine with coated wiseco pistons with dual rings and also did VF 3 reeds. When I took mine apart the rings were so pitted they looked like a high school boy wit bad acne. My sled had 2000 miles and was down over 20 lbs of compression. I suspect mine let go because of a crack reed boot, or a leaky PTO side crank seal.

9. Collapse Details

The rings in my 04 600 HO SDI let go last year with about 2000 miles on it. The dealer honed the cylinders, replaced the rings and now one side continuously fouls plugs when it sits at idle warming up for a few minutes. It went back to the dealer one time and they gave it the latest computer updates, but it didn't seem to help. Anyone deal with a similar experience?
    www.blackduckcafe.net

10. Collapse Details

The wife has the same sled,at the end of the season 2 years ago her sled would stall going in reverse (common problem with 04's---bad rings=low compression) I rebuilt the top end with new piston and rings ----ran well all last season, obviously you running fresh gas and new set of plugs. joe D.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    The rings in my 04 600 HO SDI let go last year with about 2000 miles on it. The dealer honed the cylinders, replaced the rings and now one side continuously fouls plugs when it sits at idle warming up for a few minutes. It went back to the dealer one time and they gave it the latest computer updates, but it didn't seem to help. Anyone deal with a similar experience?
    I do believe that the cylinder bores are nikasil coated. You don't just hone them. You should buy new a piston/ring set and sent it to get re-coated. They will hone the cylinder to fit the new piston at the proper clearance. I have had many a doo cylinder done and it is the only way to "Doo" it right.
    By the way, that SDI system (next to the new direct injection) is the best two-stroke injection system for a sled.

12. Collapse Details

I lost out tonight...luckily I calmed down and got in the car before I beat the hell out of the guy...

I found a sweet deal on a 03 rev 800 for 2500 motor redone at 3000 and had 6000 on it. Mint according to the pics and the owner was 65-70.

I called the guy at 1:30pm today an figured it was already sold. But this time I got lucky...he had it. I told him I will take the sled sight unseen and when can I come get it, he said 4pm today. I offered money through paypal just incase and he said no its yours. I told him several times to make sure he has my name and number and if anything changes call because I will be driving 1.5 hours. I called on the way and he did not answer, when I got there he came up and said sorry it is sold, a guy followed me home and purchased it. I started to lose it and asked why he did not call and he said he did not think about it.

I would like to know how some of these trash piles get through life without being beat.

If anything is out there please let me know.

Thanks! Todd

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rotax454 View Post
    I do believe that the cylinder bores are nikasil coated. You don't just hone them. You should buy new a piston/ring set and sent it to get re-coated. They will hone the cylinder to fit the new piston at the proper clearance. I have had many a doo cylinder done and it is the only way to "Doo" it right.
    By the way, that SDI system (next to the new direct injection) is the best two-stroke injection system for a sled.
    Thanks. I wonder if they did it correctly...they are a very reputable shop.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    The wife has the same sled,at the end of the season 2 years ago her sled would stall going in reverse (common problem with 04's---bad rings=low compression) I rebuilt the top end with new piston and rings ----ran well all last season, obviously you running fresh gas and new set of plugs. joe D.
    That's how mine started to go downhill...could not get into reverse at all.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

15. Collapse Details

I used to run sleds years ago and have missed it dearly. I reccently bought an zrt800 and am in the process of getting a 680 ultra for the wife. Nothin to write home about but for this area were lucky to be able to use them a handfull of days per year. Bring on the snow!

16. Collapse Details

My Yamaha 06 Nitro. and some of the fams other sleds. Fireworks on the ice, trucks and trailers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Img0076.jpg   DSCN1350.jpg   DSCN0532.jpg  

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 12-10-2009 at 11:15 AM.

17. Collapse Details

Any of you MI guys know where I can access the Allegan Co trails? And get passes and maps? Thinking of running up tomorrow for the day...

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rotax454 View Post
    x2 on re plating the cylinders, so many 2 smokes a blowing up these days they have them on the self ready to exchange

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Any of you MI guys know where I can access the Allegan Co trails? And get passes and maps? Thinking of running up tomorrow for the day...
    Mike pm Todd, chicken, twin27advantage he lives in spring lake around the same area.

20. Collapse Details

anybody interested in a 07 skidoo summit, 800r, new motor from skidoo at 540 miles.2069 miles I beleive, just got it out today. set up for the mountains. 162 x 2.5" x 3" pitch challanger extreme track, drop & roll done on the chaincase, custom rails, 9" rear wheels, vents, risers, running board supports, revalved fox floats up front.... i could go on and on LOL!

travisswens@comcast.net