Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pro1 View Post
    That's alot of boat for the money! Someone seriously needs to buy my boat so I can jump on one of these deals on the market

2. Collapse Details

Wow, that boat's a sad testament to the state of the fast boat industry right now. Beautiful.
    Unstoppable f'n terror.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baddogz28 View Post
    Wow, that boat's a sad testament to the state of the fast boat industry right now. Beautiful.
    I hear ya!

4. Collapse Details

on a 388 hustler (blackcloud)we run the port engine and blower reverse rotation to cancel the torque roll they will accellerate like a funny car on the water with BIG power but they are very nervous above 140 and twichy above 130.....theres quite a learning curve to drive these beast as you learn to lower the drives to go faster but do not trim the drives at speed! you set the drive indicators to the number that works at the speed you want to go then slam power and drive thru the weirdness and towing a bus feeling ....its an amazing ride when you get it right but horrifying when you get it wrong you can go from rubrail to rubrail in .2 seconds a few times... then idle in change the underwear and get up the nerve to try again!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    Get Ahold of Chip Fendt with Statement, He was a Hustler Factory Driver.
    Call me anytime Chip
    Chip

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed View Post
    I've got a customer who's interested in this boat. Anyone know what the hulls were like back then? He isn't interested in the motors or drives, he has a pair of 1100hp motors looking for a home..
    Thanks, Alex..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o31261-en.html
    a friend of mine owned the 98 on oso. it has some "history".

7. Collapse Details

Wherever the sun is shining and the water is rough
    Quote Originally Posted by boostbros View Post
    on a 388 hustler (blackcloud)we run the port engine and blower reverse rotation to cancel the torque roll they will accellerate like a funny car on the water with BIG power but they are very nervous above 140 and twichy above 130.....theres quite a learning curve to drive these beast as you learn to lower the drives to go faster but do not trim the drives at speed! you set the drive indicators to the number that works at the speed you want to go then slam power and drive thru the weirdness and towing a bus feeling ....its an amazing ride when you get it right but horrifying when you get it wrong you can go from rubrail to rubrail in .2 seconds a few times... then idle in change the underwear and get up the nerve to try again!
    I've always liked the slingshot but that ride does not sound appealing at all. Sounds like if you want big power buy a different hull.

I agree, that slingshot is A TON of boat for the money. I personally love the HP500s. Plenty of power (for most), great sound, no headaches.

8. Collapse Details
    Talking
    on a 388 hustler (blackcloud)we run the port engine and blower reverse rotation to cancel the torque roll they will accelerate like a funny car on the water with BIG power but they are very nervous above 140 and twitchy above 130.....theres quite a learning curve to drive these beast as you learn to lower the drives to go faster but do not trim the drives at speed! you set the drive indicators to the number that works at the speed you want to go then slam power and drive thru the weirdness and towing a bus feeling ....its an amazing ride when you get it right but horrifying when you get it wrong you can go from rubrail to rubrail in .2 seconds a few times... then idle in change the underwear and get up the nerve to try again!
    Boost Bro's What happens if the rub rail to rub rail gets worse?

On mine when it goes into a chine walk I usually pull back the throttle some and try and correct,but usually to late ,I then try and slightly turn,then I can catch it.Ive been to the rub rail,it makes ya think your going swimming.Mine also is proposing above 100,Like ya said you set everything and don't touch it,I know I am over trimming and Ive tried many time try less trim,it usually plants the nose , the same thing with the tabs.I finally learned how to balance it,its just drops the nose,when it carries the nose it increases speed.it gained 3 mph turning props in with a broke gimble pin,it felt like on a sport bike when your power whellieing,nose high,I really need to do some testing,props etc.

Rob

9. Collapse Details

rob its a different animal with surface drives for example the faster you go the deeper the drives need to be as the hull lifts completley onto the narrow chine on the bottom a little more than 2 feet wide and surface drives have little or no bow lift kinda like a 3000 hp canoe it accellerates like no other boat i have ever been in it really paste you back in the seat

10. Collapse Details

rob its a different animal with surface drives for example the faster you go the deeper the drives need to be as the hull lifts completely onto the narrow chine on the bottom a little more than 2 feet wide and surface drives have little or no bow lift kinda like a 3000 hp canoe it accelerates like no other boat i have ever been in it really paste you back in the seat
    yea I dont accelerate it much till above 4700rpm,above peak TQ,104 hours on brand new drives eat a upper gear set.The Bravo Shop claims 900hp and 900tq.I'm 860dp and tq,I expected more.So I'm a baby sitter now.My buddy has a 388 with #5.Its a hot rod.

BoostBros what do you all have now?

Rob

11. Collapse Details

most of the fun is bravo busting in poker runs when everyone is heavy and slow you drop it full boost at about 30 mph and hope it goes straight and hang on! boats name is blackcloud

12. Collapse Details

13. Collapse Details

You have to fill out a form just to get the price? That's quite a business model you got there. What do you have to do to get warranty work, send smoke signals while standing on one foot?