Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    No contest,,,to me means i don't say anything,,,,neither dispute or agree !!!
    The textbook definition of nolo contendere is pretty much found in the english translation of that latin term. "No contest". Or more plainly, "I do not contest the facts put forth by the State, nor any punishment handed down should the court find me guilty."

You get three choices; guilty, not guilty or no contest. If you choose not to take one, the judge will procedurally enter a plea of not guilty and bind you over for trial on the charges.

"I ain't sayin' $hit" is typically not an acceptable plea in most jurisdictions.

2. Collapse Details

Florida law..the defendent must specifically retain the right to appeal on limited issues...
    Florida Criminal Procedure And Corrections Code Section 924.051 - Criminal Appeals And Collateral Review - Terms and conditions of appeals and collateral review in criminal cases.

Title XLVII CRIMINAL PROCEDURE AND CORRECTIONS

Chapter 924 CRIMINAL APPEALS AND COLLATERAL REVIEW

924.051 Terms and conditions of appeals and collateral review in criminal cases.--
    (1) As used in this section:
    (a) "Prejudicial error" means an error in the trial court that harmfully affected the judgment or sentence.
    (b) "Preserved" means that an issue, legal argument, or objection to evidence was timely raised before, and ruled on by, the trial court, and that the issue, legal argument, or objection to evidence was sufficiently precise that it fairly apprised the trial court of the relief sought and the grounds therefor.
    (2) The right to direct appeal and the provisions for collateral review created in this chapter may only be implemented in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this section.
    (3) An appeal may not be taken from a judgment or order of a trial court unless a prejudicial error is alleged and is properly preserved or, if not properly preserved, would constitute fundamental error. A judgment or sentence may be reversed on appeal only when an appellate court determines after a review of the complete record that prejudicial error occurred and was properly preserved in the trial court or, if not properly preserved, would constitute fundamental error.
    (4) If a defendant pleads nolo contendere without expressly reserving the right to appeal a legally dispositive issue, or if a defendant pleads guilty without expressly reserving the right to appeal a legally dispositive issue, the defendant may not appeal the judgment or sentence. (5) Collateral relief is not available on grounds that were or could have been raised at trial and, if properly preserved, on direct appeal of the conviction and sentence.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

No contest,,,to me means i don't say anything,,,,neither dispute or agree !!!
    Typically means; "faack, I'm dead in the water with all the chit they have against me so I better just get it over with so they don't totally rip me an even bigger a-hole!"

Can also mean; "Even if I beat this case, they're going to screw me on the next one even worse."

No contest = guilty in my eyes, otherwise you fight to the death....

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Typically means; "faack, I'm dead in the water with all the chit they have against me so I better just get it over with so they don't totally rip me an even bigger a-hole!"

Can also mean; "Even if I beat this case, they're going to screw me on the next one even worse."

No contest = guilty in my eyes, otherwise you fight to the death....
    I have seen no contest pleas just to get it over with. Not worth fighting the original charge to it get done and over quickly with a baby slap.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

some interesting info.....http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...e&no=905055ma2

http://www.fear.org/gonzalez.html
    "In 1988, Benjamin Barry Kramer and certain co-defendants were convicted in the Southern District of Illinois of conspiring to import and distribute marijuana in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 841(a) and 846, and of being principal administrators of a continuing criminal enterprise, in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 848. The jury also returned a special verdict ordering Kramer to forfeit $60 million, which represented a portion of his ill-gotten gains from these criminal violations. (Now that's a lot of ganja! )

When traced, part of the marijuana money Kramer was ordered to forfeit was demonstrated to have been invested in the Bicycle Club.

In short, Kramer used the Bicycle Club to launder the huge profits he made smuggling drugs.

Kramer's money laundering was intricate. While conducting his drug trafficking operation, Kramer sent his drug proceeds to a
    bank in Liechtenstein from whence it went to another offshore entity and then eventually to something called the LCP Partnership
    (LCP), controlled by Sam Gilbert
    . Under Gilbert's direction, LCP entered into a joint venture with another California partnership,
    Park Place Associates (PPA), run by California businessman George Hardie, to establish the Bicycle Club. Michael Gilbert, Sam
    Gilbert's son, assisted his father in the money laundering and acquired a portion of LCP in the process.

When federal authorities learned about this money laundering operation, both Ben Kramer and Michael Gilbert (Sam Gilbert had
    died in the interim) were prosecuted in the Southern District of Florida and, in 1990, convicted of violations of the RICO statute and the Travel Act.

The underlying offenses included the laundering of about $10.8 million through LCP -- money that, for the most part, had been derived from Ben Kramer's marijuana smuggling. As part of the judgment of conviction, Kramer was ordered to forfeit about $10 million. The interests of Kramer and Michael Gilbert in LCP were also ordered forfeited."

6. Collapse Details

More info;
    The Kramer organization imported an estimated 500,000 pounds of marijuana into the United States, resulting in a profit to Kramer of $60 million.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Well,,,all i can say is ,,let him out......there is nothing he has done what nobody else would of in his position in that time !!!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Well,,,all i can say is ,,let him out......there is nothing he has done what nobody else would of in his position in that time !!!!!!!
    Dude, a 1/2 MILLION POUNDS of marijuana...that's not an Apache full of dope, it's like pulling up to the dock in Miami with an f'ing tanker full of weed..... and profit $60M (that's not even 2009 figures)....money laundering.....

Then the accusations of having Aronow killed, which can't be proven but even with the Aronow BS aside the amount of illegal dealings and money laudering and the attempted helicopter escape deserves the time in the pokey...

Until someone can prove to me otherwise my stance remains unchanged.

9. Collapse Details

Just did an inflation calculator.... $60M in 1989 is $103M in 2008.

10. Collapse Details

If he was a smart business man he should have imported cocaine instead of marry-jane....could have maximized his profits....

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Do u know how many tons of cocaine got in to the US on military planes during NAM ??????

So Ben K. is a child against that !!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    let him out on the conditions I stated. It would be great for ratings for CBS's upcoming schedule

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    let him out on the conditions I stated. It would be great for ratings for CBS's upcoming schedule
    HAHAHA

..but hey,,,they got me !!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Just did an inflation calculator.... $60M in 1989 is $103M in 2008.
    and invested in 2009 terms...$7.35

15. Collapse Details

Do the crime you do the time, simple as that.

I didn't realize we had so many liberals on the site. lol

Maybe they can let him out and he can move to california and open up a new weed growing business... lol

16. Collapse Details

Do u know how many tons of cocaine got in to the US on military planes during NAM ??????

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"

17. Collapse Details

And a child against George Morales too...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Germans ?????
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

You have to love a good Blutarsky quote!

Bluto's right, psychotic, but absolutely right.

20. Collapse Details

Who dumped a whole truck-load of fizzies into the swim-meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode.