Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    You can try to standardize. I expect all the orgs will be represented there. It is a good start.

I still would like to see a combined of GPS maximum and average lap speed. But, too controversial.

And the spec class in UIM is different yet. They have time penalties I believe for going over, not automatic dq's.
    I somewhat agree,,,thats i we need to get together down there,,,ALL OF US in any P-Class,,,to find a way.

The thing is the speeds right now are kind of in nomans land. 75-85-95....

There are more boats out there right now that actually are in the middle of these numbers then dead on,,,and it has nothing to do with dialing in or sofort,,just right now its kinda stuck.

Lets not discuss this here,,,lets really all come to gether and talk about it in a nice meeting and have some beers.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Well Scott I wish you the best and will not but in anymore.

Last word just fit in don't try to change for your specific needs.
    JIM I can attest that this is NOT Scottīs idea.. he just made it public.
    I was there and heard a bit of these change ideas in Clearwater but from who ?
    My Lips are sealed.

PS. Scott is only to have Fun and try to make the best of what he has while racing not changing rules. Believe me.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    JIM I can attest that this is NOT Scottīs idea.. he just made it public.
    I was there and heard a bit of these change ideas in Clearwater but from who ?
    My Lips are sealed.

PS. Scott is only to have Fun and try to make the best of what he has while racing not changing rules. Believe me.
    YO BABY YO BABY YO,,,,,FUN IS ALL IN LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM FOR NO RULES .LOL

4. Collapse Details

And the spec class in UIM is different yet. They have time penalties I believe for going over, not automatic dq's.
    Do we ??? I thought we ainīt having Bracket racing at all to limit our Top speeds.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's an extremely good idea. I think discussion ahead of time will go a long way toward nailing down the last few differences while there. I think that whoever thought this up should be commended.

I want to get a race boat that will run in spec and P classes both. When I ran both at St Clair, it was a blast. The differences are subtle, but the experience is great. Guys like Rick who runs his cat in both, etc, are having more fun than those who only run once. And Randy running 3 races the same day.....

As Scott says though, SBI changed and lessened his competitiveness. He has to improve that for the new 85. Let's try to get them all the same and take it from there for the future.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Do we ??? I thought we ainīt having Bracket racing at all to limit our Top speeds.
    It's an 85 mph class. I'd have to read it again.... May be WPPA????

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I AM FOR NO RULES .LOL
    Iīm not... I want rules to keep it as Racing and not a poker run...
    I mean if we ainīt gonna have no rules I might take over a U.I.M speed record holder 26 foot cat (Argo) and slap some turbines in it and run it as a P4 boat...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 120920091855.jpg  
    Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-15-2009 at 12:20 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    This Class

P1 SuperSport class boats are production boats, usually safe and affordable for consumer use.

Measuring between 33-42ft, SuperSport boats are blessed with typical pleasure navigation characteristics, such as an open-top canopy and multi-speed gearbox.

Carrying a power-to-weight ratio of 1hp per 4.5kg, the SuperSport boats are less powerful and built with smaller engines.

SuperSport boats are limited to race-speeds of 85mph for safety reasons with pilots and throttlepersons allowed to stand or sit and not allowed to be harnessed.

During a race, the SuperSport boats are allowed to exceed the speed limit but only for a maximum of ten seconds. Rules state that exceeding this 10 second limit will incur a 60 second time penalty for a first offence with a further 90 seconds for every following penalty incurred.

A maximum of five penalties are allowed before a boat is disqualified with the same punishment given for those boats that exceed the speed limit for 30 seconds or more.

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    GUYS,,,,lets try to keep this post about a get together for KW ...not about any rules or sofort ,,u.i.m. or opa or oss or sbi ....just a meeting with the p-class teams.

Thank U

10. Collapse Details

or take this one..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 120920091846.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

This Class

P1 SuperSport class boats are production boats, usually safe and affordable for consumer use.

Measuring between 33-42ft, SuperSport boats are blessed with typical pleasure navigation characteristics, such as an open-top canopy and multi-speed gearbox.

Carrying a power-to-weight ratio of 1hp per 4.5kg, the SuperSport boats are less powerful and built with smaller engines.

SuperSport boats are limited to race-speeds of 85mph for safety reasons with pilots and throttlepersons allowed to stand or sit and not allowed to be harnessed.

During a race, the SuperSport boats are allowed to exceed the speed limit but only for a maximum of ten seconds. Rules state that exceeding this 10 second limit will incur a 60 second time penalty for a first offence with a further 90 seconds for every following penalty incurred.

A maximum of five penalties are allowed before a boat is disqualified with the same punishment given for those boats that exceed the speed limit for 30 seconds or more.
    Ratickle..thats the only one...and itīs not that big a class overhere.
    Here the biggest class is 3C with hundreds of boats collecting dust even.

What Iīd like to see is unity among the P classes across the U.S. and keep the rules as unchanged as long as possible.
    That would also mean there would be increasing interest over the U.S. boundaries.
    And I think this is what we are trying to discuss in KW, to get the P class as big and FUN as possible.

12. Collapse Details

Mickey,

What is 3c? Why are the boats parked?

We can probably get a turbine in that boat but I think you might have to take out the rear seat......

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    Mickey,

We can probably get a turbine in that boat but I think you might have to take out the rear seat......

pat W

But, what he said. What is 3C?????

And that Supersport class seems interesting to me. The rules seem fair, the breakout penalties I like, and the speed is a reasonable one to match up with a lot of boats here.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    This Class

Now just to ....mhhhhhh

my boat is 5700 US pounds = 573.8 HP + its only 31.7 feet long

then i would go 65 MPH ,,,,,COOL nice rules .LOL

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    Mickey,

pat W
    Offcourse.

Class 3C is the former 2 liter class and it has a lot of boats that are worn out and collects dust allover.
    The boats are mainly 23-24 foot cats at 1800lbs and run a tad over 100mph at best.
    ( My avatar is of one)

Pat That thing in the pic doesnīt have a rear seat... itīs a side by side 4/6 liter Cat weighing in at ca 3000 lbs and the Vee doesnīt have a back seat either also a 6 liter raced in Dubai.

Back on track.

16. Collapse Details

Now just to ....mhhhhhh

Plus youīd have to go and saw off Trentīs BEAK and add it on your boat to add the extra foot...

So no wonder the P1 SS class hasnīt cought any wind to speak of.
    Money is a factor as those are considered big boats and to trailer one over here you need a Semi basically and a CDL then.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    This is what I currently have in my spread sheet. I believe POPRA follows SBI exactly.

Class - Org - Length - Hull Style - Engine Size - Engine Qty - Speed

PX OPA 22' to 55' Any Any Any 150 mph max
    P1 SBI 24' to 45' Any Any Any 117 mph max
    Class 100 OPA 22' to 55' Any Any Any 115 mph max
    P2 SBI 24' to 45' Any Any Any 105 mph max
    Class 200 OPA 22' to 55' Any Any Any 105 mph max
    Pro Am 1 OSS 21' to Any Any Any Any 95 mph avg
    Class 300 OPA 22' to 55' Any Any Any 95 mph max
    Class P3 SBI 24' to 45' Any Any Any 95 mph max
    Pro Am 2 OSS 21' to Any Any Any Any 85 mph avg
    P4 SBI 24' to 45' Any Any Any 85 mph max
    Class 400 OPA 22' to 55' V Any Any 85 mph max
    Pro Am 3 OSS 21' to Any Any Any Any 75 mph avg
    Class 500 OPA 22' to 30' V Any Any 75 mph max
    P 5 SBI 0' to 30' Any Any Single 75 mph max
    Class 600 OPA 22' to 26' V Any Single 70 mph max
    Pro Am 4 OSS 24' to 30' Any Any Single In/Twin Out 65 mph avg

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Now just to ....mhhhhhh

I just like the break out rules. Seems really fair vs once and done.....

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    I think up to
    32 feet - 80 mph only single engines
    36 feet - 90 mph
    40 feet -110 mph

ONLY FOR THE P CLASS

what would be wrong with that ?????

now u would have more boats in each class,,,bump up the price money and get the competition everybody was looking for !!!!!!
    The penalty thing is easy,,,,,if u brake out,wnd get a 1 min penalty,,,your last anyways ??? NO ???

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ratickle View Post
    i just like the break out rules. Seems really fair vs once and done.....
    +1

but thereīs a lot of debate of the HP/weight ratios and how to measure them also.. like always...