I figured this could be a "good" thread about an American automaker in contrast to the 08 Ford disaster thread......

History:
03 GMC 2500 Duramax 143K miles. Regular maintenance only for first 100K miles, waterpump at 106K, first brake job at 135K. Thats it other than filters, fluids, tires and one set of batteries. BONE STOCK, NO MODS.

Truck has dumped an oily liquid on the ground a few times in the past year. Size of two dinner plates is a bad episode, usually when it sits overnight. No indicators on dash, no smoke, truck runs fine with no fluid loss indicated under the hood. Did some internet research and PCV has a drain attached to it so if crankcase is overfilled it will dump on the ground. Many diesel sites have bypass tips so you won't get the dump on the ground. The other scenario is bad injectors (01-02's had the issue bad, 03-04.5 less). Local dealer is ok, not great but ok. $120 for diagnosis. An hour later it comes back as bad injectors. GM extended the warranty on the injectors to 200K miles due to the issues they had in the past.
Service writer says 100% covered and all 8 will be changed, includes oil change/filter. The only thing they don't cover and he recommends is a fuel filter change/ valve adjustment. $157 for fuel filter (I do it myself every 10-12K, part is $40, I passed on their offer). $250 for valve adjustment, past my ability I agreed to have it done.

I was waiting for a ride from one of my employees and was scouting the lot for a new one if things didn't work out. Most crew/diesels were MSRP'd from 47-55K (ouch) and were ALL 2009, not one 2010 on the lot. Truck looks very good for age/miles and runs great/cold air etc. I just did a new set of LTX's and new bilstein shocks (like in the last week, 200 miles) so I had no plans for a new truck/payment book. This truck has been paid off since Dec 2007 so I was really enjoying no payments and wasn't really looking to start one now.

I have owned 7 new GMC/Chevy trucks since 1989 and most have gone over 100K for me with no issues. I still own 4 currently so I believe in the brand/manufacturer despite their issues over the last year or two.....

Hopefully with customer service like this all of the American manufacturers can once again become true competitors.