Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

damn do all these guys run their businesses the same...make me think twice about wanting to do a custom build one day

2. Collapse Details

Any progress to report?

3. Collapse Details

Talked in person today to Mc Leod about the seats, he is actually doing mine as well as 2 other boats, my stuff is all cut and the seats frames are made, he will be sewing the material this week. One exhaust header is done, notice I did not say one set, hopefully these can be done in a few weeks. No word from the inner cooler people only to say they can make more money on there other products versus the inner coolers. Drive shaft was made by MTI people and looks nice. started to fabricate drive shaft gaurd out of stainless last week. Trailer is onsite, and the painter is waiting for the word to start.

Sold the pontoon yesterday, now completely boatless.

4. Collapse Details

You have way more patience than I! Can't wait to see the finished product, but I guess that will have to wait to next summer.

5. Collapse Details

Oh, Mike, make sure you get Hering props, and not mercs. I know that your prop decision was kind of up in the air, but we finally got some test time on a few sets of Herings, and the 17x35 6 blade 16* rake set was very fast on our boat. No comparision with the mercs that we ran at loto this year. The Herings will be a bit more pricey, but worth every penny.

6. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    Oh, Mike, make sure you get Hering props, and not mercs. I know that your prop decision was kind of up in the air, but we finally got some test time on a few sets of Herings, and the 17x35 6 blade 16* rake set was very fast on our boat. No comparision with the mercs that we ran at loto this year. The Herings will be a bit more pricey, but worth every penny.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    He'll just borrow yours......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Any word yet from McLoed? Anything from CMI? Whipple?

9. Collapse Details

Seats in production, actually answered the phone on first ring, he says they are doing 3 boats, and I said all I need is 1 set MINE, since last year. Whipple - Mark talked to them today, said ok - what ever that f'n means. CMI is actually moving ahead and one set may be done 100% and tested by the end of next week and the second set right after that one.

Going down Friday to put drive shaft in to make sure it is ok and see if I hit the transon angle on the drive shaft guard, Stainless steel, will polish and clear powder coat it when done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00016-20100923-1559.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

looks really nice mike! FYI, the our intercoolers are being physically built as I type this! Shouldn't be long......

11. Collapse Details

Update on McLeod

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post
    Update on McLeod
    Can't even imagine how pizzed off you are with all the delays...I'd be F'n fuming!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LAriverratt View Post
    Can't even imagine how pizzed off you are with all the delays...I'd be F'n fuming!!!!!
    Thats the norm for these companys now a days. No one wants to stock or have anything on the shelve anymore. I have been waiting 2 plus months for 1 set of 6.8" mandley rods, every freaken week there is another story. Been waiting 3 plus months on PSI to deliver 2 blowers, when they told me 4-6 weeks, HaHa. No one in the performance world can be true to their word or deliver when they tell you. It's very sad. Bob

14. Collapse Details

the seats are in a holding pattern - to put it in a nut shell he does not have and owes money to whoever he has cut his seats for for him and will not supply them to him. Bob is intervening.

Mc Leod solution was to put in Formula seats as he had these in stock. What the

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post

Mc Leod solution was to put in Formula seats as he had these in stock. What the

16. Collapse Details

Hang in there. Its gona be sweet ride a real custom build. Obumber has everything slowed down

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS ENERGY View Post
    Thats the norm for these companys now a days. No one wants to stock or have anything on the shelve anymore. I have been waiting 2 plus months for 1 set of 6.8" mandley rods, every freaken week there is another story. Been waiting 3 plus months on PSI to deliver 2 blowers, when they told me 4-6 weeks, HaHa. No one in the performance world can be true to their word or deliver when they tell you. It's very sad. Bob
    I do realise that inventory tax and the economy would have an effect and I don't know the exact amount of time he's had this stuff to all these manufacturers but it's too long as far as I'm concerned to call any of them true professionally run business in the industry if this is how they are doing things these days. I'm sure when things are done for him he can give all of us some insight on what to expect if we ever do a custom build!! I wish him the best and can't wait to see it when it's done.

18. Collapse Details

Theres no excuse for any of those companys taking that long. The bottom line is they just don't care about you! I put a Whipple kit on my 2005 496 HO. Kit installed really nice, but the ECU recal was a nightmare. I send my Old ECU the same day I received the kit, so I could keep my down time short. Dustin knew who I was by my voice. It took nine months and 5 times mailing the ECU back. He never did get it right. I finally had a local merc. mechanic re wire my motor.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Donskihp View Post
    Theres no excuse for any of those companys taking that long. The bottom line is they just don't care about you! I put a Whipple kit on my 2005 496 HO. Kit installed really nice, but the ECU recal was a nightmare. I send my Old ECU the same day I received the kit, so I could keep my down time short. Dustin knew who I was by my voice. It took nine months and 5 times mailing the ECU back. He never did get it right. I finally had a local merc. mechanic re wire my motor.
    I'm assuming that they can get away with this chit because they really don't have much competition???? I know you pay through the nose for this stuff you'd think they would be a little more prompt on getting things done and having some happy boaters bragging about the service they've gotten.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LAriverratt View Post
    I'm assuming that they can get away with this chit because they really don't have much competition???? I know you pay through the nose for this stuff you'd think they would be a little more prompt on getting things done and having some happy boaters bragging about the service they've gotten.
    One would think so at least!