Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post
    The first post by Saxman shows a preliminary will be real close to that
    It looks pretty good. Please keep posting pics.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    on the motor with no blower/cooler, it looks like there is a blue cooler attatched to the tail stock of the transmission. Might want to check that for clearance if you haven't already, it may or may not have enough room btw the transom/transom assemblies. The tailstock sticks in a lot further than one would think.
    Looks like a power steering filter. Mounting on transom wouldnt change much of anything except on hose length.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TxHawk View Post
    Looks like a power steering filter. Mounting on transom wouldnt change much of anything except on hose length.
    it might hit the transom/transom assembly when the motor is put in, because the plug in style trannie sticks into the transom assembly alot further than one would think.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    it might hit the transom/transom assembly when the motor is put in, because the plug in style trannie sticks into the transom assembly alot further than one would think.
    I am with you, saying that moving the filter to mount on transom wont require much more than a hose change.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TxHawk View Post
    I am with you, saying that moving the filter to mount on transom wont require much more than a hose change.
    gotcha

6. Collapse Details

If that hits then the shifter bracket will not work as well as they are close center lines from each other. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12-21-09 428.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Sax, here is picture of your tranny I took last year, do you recall the distance left from your shifter to transom? It looks to me very close to what I have, I can use the other side of the bracket and mount the filter as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2980.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Sax, here is picture of your tranny I took last year, do you recall the distance left from your shifter to transom? It looks to me very close to what I have, I can use the other side of the bracket and mount the filter as well.
    Here's a couple pics and measurements of our setup. Keep in mind the transom is at angle so there will be less clearance near the bottom of the filter vs the top.

I measured from the ring on the inside of transom assembly where the "stop" on the tailstock of the transmission would hit, to the outside of the backing plate on the inside of the transom. I'm assuming your boat would be pretty similar assuming transom thickness of both boats are pretty much the same.

Also, your shifter mount/bracket looks like it may be a little wider than ours (sticks back closer to the transom), and our bracket curves off vs yours is straight. The shifter bracket will most definately have very very little clearnace.

Not trying to butt into your build here, but it's no fun having the motor hanging in the air and trying to figure out whats not lining up.

Motors look nice though! We could stand to dress ours up a bit.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trannies clearance 003.jpg   trannies clearance 004.jpg   trannies clearance 002.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Additional pictures - moved the power steering filter ahead of the bracket. 85% done as you can see still waiting on Whipple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_4288.jpg   DSC_4292.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Spiker very nice looking units!

11. Collapse Details

Additional pictures - moved the power steering filter ahead of the bracket. 85% done as you can see still waiting on Whipple.
    We are getting close to having our new coolers built....... Let us know if the wait gets too long (I know, it already has).

12. Collapse Details

Nice Thread,.................

Jon

13. Collapse Details

so how long has it been on the coolers?

14. Collapse Details

10 months and counting, we have the Cupronickel cores in the 16-71 blowers, they were saying that the raw materials were not coming in, then it was quality control issues, and well we can send one, and now we are waiting again on who nows what. we ordered 6 and have 1 so far. we will have 8 motors built the same at the lake so we are doing our own R&D, so far we have one set that had a 1/2 season, boat flipped, went to the bottom, brought up, pickeled, cleaned up, and rsssembled and ran all last season with no problems.

15. Collapse Details

10 months and counting, we have the Cupronickel cores in the 16-71 blowers, they were saying that the raw materials were not coming in, then it was quality control issues, and well we can send one, and now we are waiting again on who nows what. we ordered 6 and have 1 so far. we will have 8 motors built the same at the lake so we are doing our own R&D, so far we have one set that had a 1/2 season, boat flipped, went to the bottom, brought up, pickeled, cleaned up, and rsssembled and ran all last season with no problems.
    http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/66...scription.html

I wonder who makes them? Who makes the 8/71-16/71 cores? not the biz that has them made for them.

I had Teauge tell me I would have a grand in a water pick up,it couldn't be done,they didn't want to do it,I ended up having a bud with a metal fab shop,cad it and made one up in 1 week.I now have a program I can make changes to

16. Collapse Details

We are doing our own water pick up as well, actually have all of the pieces fabricated and will be welding together this week. I will shoot some pictures.

I am using the Marine Machine shifters on the left and trottles on the right. With the MM shfters it was getting into the screen of the GPS so we fabricated a base for the throttles out of aluminum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12-21-09 003.jpg   12-21-09 009.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

We are doing our own water pick up as well, actually have all of the pieces fabricated and will be welding together this week. I will shoot some pictures.

I am using the Marine Machine shifters on the left and trottles on the right. With the MM shfters it was getting into the screen of the GPS so we fabricated a base for the throttles out of aluminum.
    Looks great

18. Collapse Details

looks great, I'm excited to see how this bad-boy will run! I like the avatar as well........ Hopefully we can get that picture completed soon!
    Last edited by Coolerman; 02-17-2010 at 03:05 PM.

19. Collapse Details

New to the site and just found this thread, Spiker that thing is going to be bad ass. Post up some more pics please when you have them.

Hope I see you at LOTO this spring would love to see it in person.

20. Collapse Details

some of the progress before the dufugalties started
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_4318.jpg   DSC_4319.jpg   DSC_4337.jpg