Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post
    YES they are do not know what the heck is the problem I have to go that way for work at the end of the month and most likely will take the time to drive and see what is up
    Any word? Were you able to drive by there?

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    I found some posts from 2011 in this thread discussing waiting for CMI and more in early 2012. I would be beating down their door. I had to go get my Cig recently as the interior guys were fu(king around and 2 weeks over schedule. Now the boat is at The Bravo Shop - www.bravoshop.net, Your Source for Bmax, Bravo & Mercury Marine Outdrive Parts land and Is almost ready. Got a call from John today updating me about it and asking for my input on a couple small items. Thats service!!!
    John does a really good job....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Finally done - heading to Lake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20130830_185925.pdf  

4. Collapse Details

Resized Picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full page photo.pdf  

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Awesome!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Any updates on how she ran. Can't wait to hear

7. Collapse Details

I seen boat out on lake, looks awesome on the water

8. Collapse Details

Super happy to hear! I am sure there is plenty of dial in but we would all enjoy hearing about how its going! Plus MORE pics!

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    We're all here holding our breath waiting to hear how this project went.......

10. Collapse Details

+1 to what Paul said

11. Collapse Details

I'm getting Blue Balls Come On ALREADY!

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
    Any word? Were you able to drive by there?
    Have you chatted with Spiker?

13. Collapse Details

Sorry for the lack of info. Still working on getting the right set up. have tried props and spacers, still trying to find the right combo. Have had a few small gremlins that are annoying but they can wait until winter to fix. I have 2 weekends left for this year to keep testing. If we get a day in December or first of the year I will have the boat in a heated building at the lake and we can do a short test and take it back to the building, 10 minutes from storage to ramp. We should know afer Friday with the set of props I will have on if we are going in the right direction

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	76557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	76558

14. Collapse Details

WOW the boat looks great in the water! Dialing in any boat is never easy. Especially if it is one off custom. There has never been another Tall Deck with Stag 6's. Or the exact power you have. Or the exact bottom you have, etc etc. Just stay patient and good thing will come!

We appreciate all the updates and pictures. We are all cheering you on with your project!

I personally am a avid fan of fenders even if they might not be needed they are great to have out and ready just in case. I understand its a new boat and you are still getting her set up but I recommend some fleece fender covers to protect the paint. Especially since its so beautiful! The dirt in the air gets between the rubber and will scratch the side of the boat. The fleece just need to be washed once in a while and they work great.

15. Collapse Details

Thanks I will do so.

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Well, did you get any dialing in done before the big freeze hit?

17. Collapse Details

Maybe Saxman can rattle some cages and find out

18. Collapse Details

Hello, sorry for not getting back on and letting you know what was going on. at this point I am open for suggestions.

I Did not find out what works so much as what does not work. Some things I cannot explain only to a say ½” diameter change in a prop with the same pitch and rake results in 1000 rpm and 20 plus mph difference.

I think I am going to drop the drives an inch (1”) in the spring and put the same prop combinations that I used this fall and see what the difference is. That will put me an 1-1/2” above the bottom of the boat.

I have one set that was very comfortable, boat ran stable, did not move around with a ¾ load of fuel and my wife in it. Top speed so far was 92, with considerable throttle and rpm’s left.

The other props with the same driving conditions felt like the ass end was sliding around all over. Which it was doing very noticeably at 50-70. Right now at 40-45 the boat wants to take a nose dive and hook in. if you stay below or power past you do not notice it. It is so noticeable that the back seat people without me telling them anything will comment on what they are feeling.

One set of props I did not get out from the boat ramp and called for the trailer to come back, no sense in going to the house with this set. I have a platform on the back of my lift to work on and change props, had I thought I could have gotten there without having to idle all the way I would have and changed to the other set that I had that day. 14 miles from the ramp to my house on a busy Saturday.

Have a few small leaks that need attention, a pressure switch for the electric fuel pumps needs changes as well as I think I have something in the starting circuit for the Starboard motor either in the wiring harness or something is draining the battery, or the battery isolator charging system is not working or miss wired. She can jump the starter and get it to go or I need to run the port motor for a few minutes and can usually get it to start. I had to cut the starter wire out of the port motor as a similar problem arised with it at the shop over a course of time and running a new wire solved it so far. Plus air is present in the power steering system yet.

I will go down this winter as it is in a heated building and work on it. I will put a meter on and see if I have an amp draw, if I do I will start disconnecting systems to see if I can find it.

All in all I think for what we had to do and what little problems are showing up I am pleased so far. That could change in the spring if it all goes to hell.

Sorry for the ramble.

Call me anytime if you want.

19. Collapse Details

Thanks for the update! I can only imagine how hard it is to dial a boat in like this. Especially when you are the first one to ever run this combination. Good luck and keep on keeping on Patience and more seat time will go along way.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing pics and video of a 110+mph badazz Black Thunder!

20. Collapse Details

Went to the lake this past weekend to start getting the list made and see what parts I need to get the boat ready for the year.

I was looking around the drives and there is sever play with them while the boat has set for the past 2 months, I looked at the power steering reservoir and the fluid has risen. Air is definitely in the system as I thought. What is the proper way to bleed the air ?

I have power steering pumps on both motors and #6 drives