Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

cool deal, with school I have everyotherweekend off of work, that gives me one day every two weeks to cut loose
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

I never used a GPS while racing. Quick homework on the parade lap and lap tapes were the norm. How many times did we get to the last lap and try and figure if we pull the tape and keep going or we were done? haha

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    I never used a GPS while racing. Quick homework on the parade lap and lap tapes were the norm. How many times did we get to the last lap and try and figure if we pull the tape and keep going or we were done? haha
    Everytime we ran out of gas on the last lap we knew we forgot to pull a tape!

God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Great race story from when we raced in the Chesapeake Bay. Halfway through the race a turn boat calls in and says about 6 race boats just passed him. So race control says thanks and nothing more. So the turn boat calls in again, same thing. So race com says "There will be boats passing you all day". The boat calls back in and says "Yeah, but I am outside the North end of the course and they passed me going North." When they hit a town on the far side of the Bay they realized their mistake and turned around, took them about 30 miles out of their way.

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Great race story from when we raced in the Chesapeake Bay. Halfway through the race a turn boat calls in and says about 6 race boats just passed him. So race control says thanks and nothing more. So the turn boat calls in again, same thing. So race com says "There will be boats passing you all day". The boat calls back in and says "Yeah, but I am outside the North end of the course and they passed me going North." When they hit a town on the far side of the Bay they realized their mistake and turned around, took them about 30 miles out of their way.
    And like most of the time "follow the leader" LOL

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    There are many follow the leader off course stories. My first experience was in Miami in '90. The start headed north up the beach. Everybody in the first start followed Mandy Fernandez off course. We were in the second start and everybody but one missed first turn. As it worked out it was in the surf and very hard to see in 6 to 8's. The slowest boat in our class won... Jamaican Bobsled was the winner in B that day. I remember briefly seeing a coast guard guy jumping and pointing. I saw the boat he was pointing at but now pillow. It was my first season at National events.. Learned a good lesson that day.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    thats was my first job in a boat. you actually had to know how to read a chart and plot a course. and if you were off a little you were lost sometimes. ask rique ford and the corpus christi oil rig