Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I thought that Predator was a light lay-up.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    I was told Predator did well over 110 mph. I believe it. They had Chief engines backing them and there have been many advances in engine thecnology since Alez Vite.
    If Predator ran 110 it did it on something that pulled it on the trailer that fast......let's not go over this again....been there done that already!!!!

My Briggs and Stratton runs a 8.496 quarter mile too!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    I thought that Predator was a light lay-up.
    It was and I am sure it's a bit lighter than Allez Vite

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Predator is from the 3:20- 4:21 mark you guys be the judge!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdzJD...eature=related

6. Collapse Details

Perdator is a ways light then my 41, I know the deck along is much lighter. I walked down both of them, Allez Vite deck is way stiffer. I have old lake X sheets from Pete that she ran 105 at one point with the 540 ci 1000 MERC's. In the print offs she hit 108 on the speedo and was still climbing at the end of the kilo run. When I bought her TNT had pulled out the 1" spacer that lake X had found to be the best setup, at that time Johhny T had her running 96 to 97 mph with the old Zul's in her. I hope to put the new 975's in her this spring and put the spacer back in the drives, then we'll see what she can do.

7. Collapse Details

Stinson what would a boat like Predator or Allez Vite run with these 1750 hp motors? http://www.stotlerracing.com/index.p...d=41&Itemid=98 Do you think the boat will hit 120 with that kind of power? What is the most powerful Apache you guys know of?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    If you use this photo and try to tell me it's running over 100 your full of .....it's not running 90 in this photo....suffice it to say maybe 80!!!! That's only based off THIS photo however!!!!
    You are completely right the boat was probably running 80, we ran the boat for fun in a short course from Cowes to Poole and back to Cowes while the Cowes- Torquay- Cowes was in progress and had a great time. Unknown to us a 42 Fountain was entered at the last minute with a couple of merc 600 sc which I know runs 98mph, at the start of the race the Fountain took off in relatively calm water but as we entered the bay the waves were running 6-8, the fountain soon slowed and we took the lead, the Apache was awesome in the rough and left the Fountain behind. We then led for the rest of the course but once we re- entered the Solent the water calmed and the Fountain cruised by us to win by 12 seconds.

I bought the boat from Papache, I have to say I have never been able to get the same speeds as he did. We have since completey stripped the boat and re rigged and now fitted a couple of NA 572's which took a year of weekend working, we use the boat for fun and plan to do the CTC next year as it will be the 50th anniversary.

I believe the boat was the JH electric/ Doller marine boat in a previous life and intend to keep the same paint job.

Here are a couple of pics when she was running in her element.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cowes 09 001.jpg   cowes 09 002.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Tony, thatīs a NICE A41 you got there and Iīm Happy to hear you donīt overdo it.
    With an Apache Itīs more than just top speed...
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

10. Collapse Details

One last time. from solid sources. Predator weighed in the 10,000 to 11,000# range and with its best set up (1200hp) ran 113 mph. Theres no reason for these people to lie, and they knew the inside story of this boat very well

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    [QUOTE=Thunderman;340400]One last time. from solid sources. Predator weighed in the 10,000 to 11,000# range and with its best set up (1200hp) ran 113 mph.

NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also thought its a tat lighter then 10,000 #

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tonyto View Post
    You are completely right the boat was probably running 80, we ran the boat for fun in a short course from Cowes to Poole and back to Cowes while the Cowes- Torquay- Cowes was in progress and had a great time. Unknown to us a 42 Fountain was entered at the last minute with a couple of merc 600 sc which I know runs 98mph, at the start of the race the Fountain took off in relatively calm water but as we entered the bay the waves were running 6-8, the fountain soon slowed and we took the lead, the Apache was awesome in the rough and left the Fountain behind. We then led for the rest of the course but once we re- entered the Solent the water calmed and the Fountain cruised by us to win by 12 seconds.

I bought the boat from Papache, I have to say I have never been able to get the same speeds as he did. We have since completey stripped the boat and re rigged and now fitted a couple of NA 572's which took a year of weekend working, we use the boat for fun and plan to do the CTC next year as it will be the 50th anniversary.

I believe the boat was the JH electric/ Doller marine boat in a previous life and intend to keep the same paint job.

Cool story and thanks for all the info!!!!!!

I have the same problem as you do in the rough water!!! When ever I run in the rough with some of the 100 mph boats they some how turn into 80 mph boats and they accuse me of being a 100 mph boat if ya know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    And in Cowes a boat from 1984 creamed everyone... dueling with the A41.
    Mikeyfin had mentioned the Cinzano boat beat an Apache in that race. I didn't know what he was talking about so I tried finding your entry and couldn't find it but now I know why (you weren't entered in the race with them).. I could only find wetpunkt and one other boat who was leading until their fuel tank ruptured.

So it seems either there was a 2nd apache in that race???? or Mikeyfin's information was skewed?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Nykamp View Post
    Perdator is a ways light then my 41, I know the deck along is much lighter. I walked down both of them, Allez Vite deck is way stiffer. I have old lake X sheets from Pete that she ran 105 at one point with the 540 ci 1000 MERC's. In the print offs she hit 108 on the speedo and was still climbing at the end of the kilo run. When I bought her TNT had pulled out the 1" spacer that lake X had found to be the best setup, at that time Johhny T had her running 96 to 97 mph with the old Zul's in her. I hope to put the new 975's in her this spring and put the spacer back in the drives, then we'll see what she can do.

Man, I love when facts are posted!!!

BTW, got the cylinder head last week.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

So it seems either there was a 2nd apache in that race???? or Mikeyfin's information was skewed?
    My Bad Actually.
    I somehow mixed the two races.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    Stinson what would a boat like Predator or Allez Vite run with these 1750 hp motors? http://www.stotlerracing.com/index.p...d=41&Itemid=98 Do you think the boat will hit 120 with that kind of power? What is the most powerful Apache you guys know of?
    Kemosabe was probably one of, if not the fastest Apache of all time....I believe it ran at 118 with 1300hp each in it!!!!

Apache Heritage probably ran in the same neighborhood as well as the pizza boat!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tonyto View Post
    You are completely right the boat was probably running 80.

I bought the boat from Papache, I have to say I have never been able to get the same speeds as he did.

Thats because the boat never ran 117 or 115 or 110 for that matter but what that boat did was annihilate the competition in the rough seas...Thats where she shines!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Thats because the boat never ran 117 or 115 or 110 for that matter but what that boat did was annihilate the competition in the rough seas...Thats where she shines!!!!!!
    Musta had a pair of matched super special labbed props on it!

(throw back from days of thunder)

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    One last time. from solid sources. Predator weighed in the 10,000 to 11,000# range and with its best set up (1200hp) ran 113 mph. Theres no reason for these people to lie, and they knew the inside story of this boat very well
    I feel a bet coming on here because I know alot of the history of that boat!!! I have to say someone is going to get a great night at an establishment with naked women if you can prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that she ran 110+.....Like I said she might have went 110 but it was behind something that would pull it that fast down the highway!!!!

19. Collapse Details

I feel a bet coming on here because I know alot of the history of that boat!!! I have to say someone is going to get a great night at an establishment with naked women if you can prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that she ran 110+.....Like I said she might have went 110 but it was behind something that would pull it that fast down the highway!!!!
    What would beyond reasonable doubt constitute for you? I just dont find it as hard to believe as you do. Predator had the right people working on it to run hard.

20. Collapse Details

I love this... I think someone needs to set up one of those internet donation sites to fund a heads up race between all these boats. Fastest boat that also runs the claimed speed takes home the money. If no one runs the claimed speed the money gets split equal between me (for coming up with the idea) Stinson for calling bullsh*t and because I like his first name and the owner of the fastest boat...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."